XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Jaguar XJ Sunshade - where to buy in Europe ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 12:56 PM
Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Jaguar XJ Sunshade - where to buy in Europe ?

Hi there,

I''ve searched for the Jaguar XJ Sunshade and want to buy it in Europe - rather than import it from the US ( then we have to pay VAT + import charges, which is stupid on something like a sunshade )

So I'm trying to locate one in Europe or , one for sale ( on sale ) in the US.

I know that the part number is C2D22740 , I've searched the forum already to exaustion ( so dont kill me XJsss :P ) and I can only find US deals - and not one with a great price, always at the "normal" 60-80usd price.

Ideas ?

Old 09-08-2015, 01:07 PM

oh and yes, I asked Jaguar Portugal. they said its a discontinued product ( for the XJ ) and the only one that they can import from the UK is the XF/XE and that **might** fit.

Old 09-08-2015, 02:59 PM
Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Are you referring to the windshield foil reflector, i.e., the accordion style sun shade?

Old 09-08-2015, 11:40 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

Cheapest I could find the sunshade part no. c2d22740 was $52 US. It can't cost that much to ship overseas, could it? Find a willing forum member and have them ship it as a gift to you, perhaps, and reimburse the shipping?

Old 09-09-2015, 03:03 AM
GGG
Received 16,853 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by Goncalo Proenca
I've searched for the Jaguar XJ Sunshade and want to buy it in Europe - rather than import it from the US ( then we have to pay VAT + import charges, which is stupid on something like a sunshade ) ............
I had exactly the same problem with an OE Jaguar sunshade for my XK. None of the Jaguar dealers in the EU carry stock but plenty of sources in the USA.

When it was going to cost more in shipping and import duty than the sunshade itself, I just purchased an aftermarket one in Spain.

Graham

Old 09-09-2015, 07:53 AM

got an email from Jaguar Portugal - the sunshade for the XJ was made BY REQUEST by Jaguar USA.

Hence, its a US specific thing - that is why Jaguar dealers in Europe do not have them / carry them / stock them.

Guess I have to order it from across the pond !

Old 09-09-2015, 01:20 PM
Received 171 Likes on 141 Posts

A couple of years ago myself and two other members in the Uk had a US member send over three of them,he sent all three to me and then I posted the other two onwards, we did get caught with the tax etc and after shipping and tax they worked out about £80 each, ouch !. Look great though

Old 09-11-2015, 05:39 AM

end of story : ordered it from a Jaguar USA dealer. waiting for it to arrive. will update once I get it

Old 09-11-2015, 09:53 PM
Location: Mooresville, NC (Race City USA), home of most NASCAR teams.
Received 481 Likes on 368 Posts

Gee, why would anyone smuggle drugs, arms or other contraband when their is such a fortune to be made in smuggled sun shades?

Old 09-20-2015, 11:50 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Sunshades

Originally Posted by johndahlheimer
Gee, why would anyone smuggle drugs, arms or other contraband when their is such a fortune to be made in smuggled sun shades?
I bought mine from WALMART - for $7.00 or so. The fit is acceptable. Used these over many years with no problems such as wearing out and losing shape. Paying $50 + is throwing money away !

Old 09-21-2015, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by roviw
A couple of years ago myself and two other members in the Uk had a US member send over three of them,he sent all three to me and then I posted the other two onwards, we did get caught with the tax etc and after shipping and tax they worked out about £80 each, ouch !. Look great though
I know your pain - I payed around 80 euros with shipping, tax, customs, bla bla.....

Originally Posted by johndahlheimer
Now if all European Jaguar owners would be silly like me, I would really go into smuggled sun shades

Originally Posted by urblack
I bought mine from WALMART - for $7.00 or so. The fit is acceptable. Used these over many years with no problems such as wearing out and losing shape. Paying $50 + is throwing money away !
Well, buying a Jaguar isnt really the most sensible choice on earth, is it ?

There are cars that : are cheaper, better, more economical, more confortable and more sporty.

Although, to my eye, as a 4 door car, there aren't prettier cars.

There is no rational in buying a Jaguar XJ - so why had to be in buying a sunshade for it ?

Heck, I bought 4 illuminated door sills from the UK and waiting them to arrive... Throwing money away ? in my wife eyes yes, in mine - no, was a classy necessity

Old 09-21-2015, 09:20 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default sunshade

I know your pain - I payed around 80 euros with shipping, tax, customs, bla bla.....

Now if all European Jaguar owners would be silly like me, I would really go into smuggled sun shades

Well, buying a Jaguar isnt really the most sensible choice on earth, is it ?

There are cars that : are cheaper, better, more economical, more confortable and more sporty.

Although, to my eye, as a 4 door car, there aren't prettier cars.

There is no rational in buying a Jaguar XJ - so why had to be in buying a sunshade for it ?

Heck, I bought 4 illuminated door sills from the UK and waiting them to arrive... Throwing money away ? in my wife eyes yes, in mine - no, was a classy necessity
All I was pointing out is there is a totally acceptable alternative. I have no problem with accessorizing our great cars.

Old 09-28-2015, 10:05 AM

Sunshade arrived.

Worth 80 euros in total ? Not really, but at least tries to be something different from the supermarketsunshades : good fit, pretty smart ( silver with JAGUAR XJ and the leaper on it ) and with a lethear(ish) pouch for it.

Happy ? yes !

Worth it ? erm... no

Old 09-28-2015, 01:26 PM
Received 171 Likes on 141 Posts

Sunshade arrived.

Worth 80 euros in total ? Not really, but at least tries to be something different from the supermarketsunshades : good fit, pretty smart ( silver with JAGUAR XJ and the leaper on it ) and with a lethear(ish) pouch for it.

Happy ? yes !

Worth it ? erm... no

agree completely with the above, it is not worth the money but I am pleased with it, well made, nice storage bag, and much better than the run of the mill ones

The following users liked this post:
Goncalo Proenca (09-28-2015)