XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

key and memory seats

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default key and memory seats

Had car in for noise in roof, again, as well as drivers window stopped working.
Fixed noise by drivers ear in b pillar following forum fix, however returned car to me with bad rattle in rear right sunroof area. Bringing it back again.
A question.
In every luxury car I have had when two people drive the vehicle each has a key and each has memory settings. When you use your key the memory settings like the seat go into your position. Does anyone know if the XJ has this simple function. Beleve it or not, the Jaguar tech did not know, he said old Jaguars had it but he had to investigate if new XJ's have it.
In my BMW 1o years ago the seats, mirrors and radio stations all were recalled by each indivdual key.
Starting to long for my 7 series lately.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts

Hi, sorry, no the Jag doesn't have it. My BMW had it and I loved it. My Lexus doesn't have it either. I miss it in the LExus as well as my wife and I both drive it.

Uuhh...you may wonder about your tech's expertise. The rattle in the sunroof area is most likely the plastic frame inside which sticks to the glass with velcro. Except the velcro's adhesive keeps failing. Even if they replace it. I just took care of it with my own fix, but you may mention it to your tech. It will keep failing and failing as the velcro tape isn't thick enough to overcome a little rim. Escpecially in COLD CLIMATES!

I have a very good dealer with a great tech, and they got every TSB and everything else done very well, including roof noise. I was very worried about that after seing posts here initially.

Btw there is another function I miss; hold a key button to open or close all windows and sunroof. I can't find it either. Doubt it has it. Another one you will miss after having had a BMW or Mercedes.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:58 AM
Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by gears
Hi, sorry, no the Jag doesn't have it. My BMW had it and I loved it. My Lexus doesn't have it either. I miss it in the LExus as well as my wife and I both drive it.

Uuhh...you may wonder about your tech's expertise. The rattle in the sunroof area is most likely the plastic frame inside which sticks to the glass with velcro. Except the velcro's adhesive keeps failing. Even if they replace it. I just took care of it with my own fix, but you may mention it to your tech. It will keep failing and failing as the velcro tape isn't thick enough to overcome a little rim. Escpecially in COLD CLIMATES!

I have a very good dealer with a great tech, and they got every TSB and everything else done very well, including roof noise. I was very worried about that after seing posts here initially.

Btw there is another function I miss; hold a key button to open or close all windows and sunroof. I can't find it either. Doubt it has it. Another one you will miss after having had a BMW or Mercedes.

Gears the closest you get to that is global opening on page 7. You hold the unlock button for three seconds and all the windows will come down. But it doesn't work on closing.

Old 02-05-2011, 09:49 AM
Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts

Thats right. I read it and forgot. I think the closing is what is more needed. The lawyers probably nixed that feature.