XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Most Luxurious Cars Reviewed

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 01:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 422 Posts
Default Most Luxurious Cars Reviewed

Most Luxurious Car: Bently? Rolls Royce Phatom? You Decide

Scroll to near the bottom of the page to find out which 5 cars are found to be the most luxurious cars in the World. All I'm going to say is that the reviewers have good taste.

Albert

Old 04-09-2013, 10:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 331 Likes on 235 Posts

Don't want to leave you hanging here Albert....
Those guys do have a very good taste. In reality, there is nothing else that can compare to Bentley/RR other than the XJ, especially in the interior.

The German rivals still have much catching up to do in that departmenet.

Old 04-10-2013, 11:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by Executive
Don't want to leave you hanging here Albert....
Those guys do have a very good taste. In reality, there is nothing else that can compare to Bentley/RR other than the XJ, especially in the interior.

The German rivals still have much catching up to do in that departmenet.
Appreciate your consideration, Executive. I did not feel like, "hanging" with this post, did not really expect replies, other than people feeling good about their choices here on the Jag forum.

You are correct, the Brits have the "touch" when it comes to understated elegance. Italians are the ones when it comes to overstated, yet artistic, designs.

Yes, Germans do not seem to be able to match either of them, no matter how hard they try. Their designs seem to be too bland, austere (interiors) lacking both flare or a deep sense of elegance. A couple of days ago I was looking at the much berated Corvette interior and concluded that the criticism was largely valid. Then, I looked at a Porsche Boxter interior that was described by a magazine as "sumptuous" and I shook my head in disbelief; it looked to me actually cheaper than the Corvette, lacking any sense of visual awe or quality. 911s had the most ridiculous interiors for decades for an expensive car.

No surprise that practically every single journalist reviewer since the introduction of the XJ(L) was completely taken by the elegance of the big saloon. I remember when I first saw it at my Jag dealer, I opened the door, climbed inside, felt that unique British leather scent and I was nearly breathless; I told the salesman that it was going to be my next car.

Albert

Old 04-10-2013, 01:19 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Couldn't find a date on the article. But I agree with you Albert. We have a massive auto dealer complex that has JLR, Mercedes and Audi in one location. I looked at the Jag first and when I checked out an A8 interior right after, I had to walk to the back and check that it wasn't an A6!! The S Mercedes was better, but not give the sumptuous feel of the Jag interior.