XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Muffler Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2020, 03:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Matt - My Jag XJ is Supercharged, 5.0, 2011. Did you install the Borla ProXS™ 2.5" Offset/Center 14"x4.25"x7.88" Muffler part # 40659? Good to know you like the Bora mufflers.

Old 06-19-2020, 03:30 PM
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ricardoa1
Only one stainless option is offered on the super turbos, Aluminized ones will not last very long. The factory exhaust has a resonator after the cats, almost all resonators are chamber design, so the frequency that produces drone cancel out. If you eliminated the stock resonator you are allowing such frequencies to make it through. The super turbo puts back the chambers to help in that department, but still allows a smith flow of gases with its S shape design. But if you put the stock chamber resonator back the a straight flow with a good size body might work well. Good luck with the outcome, it’s trial and error with exhausts.

So the muffler shop said everything will fit perfectly and I can go ahead and order them. Also even though on there website they only have Offset/Offset, on amazon they have that one and a Offset/center. Which one is better? Or are they both the same?

Since I’m putting in new mufflers I want quad tips. The max width allowed for the quads is 6”. After shopping around they all exceed 6”. Any tips you or someone on here prefer?

Old 06-19-2020, 05:23 PM
Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Supercharged Jag
So the muffler shop said everything will fit perfectly and I can go ahead and order them. Also even though on there website they only have Offset/Offset, on amazon they have that one and a Offset/center. Which one is better? Or are they both the same?

Since I’m putting in new mufflers I want quad tips. The max width allowed for the quads is 6”. After shopping around they all exceed 6”. Any tips you or someone on here prefer?

Confirm it’s stainless they have many variations but reserved for Aluminized. Also super turbo works well only when offset offset, thing about the flow pattern it’s the shape of an S, they have straight flow ones don’t get those confused. Fitting dual tips might make you steer away from them. If you need center configuration you might have to go with that 50 series after all. Although 50 series are usually longer than 16” if this a custom exhaust shop they should have ways of trimming the tips to fit somehow.

Old 06-19-2020, 05:29 PM
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ricardoa1
Confirm it’s stainless they have many variations but reserved for Aluminized. Also super turbo works well only when offset offset, thing about the flow pattern it’s the shape of an S, they have straight flow ones don’t get those confused. Fitting dual tips might make you steer away from them. If you need center configuration you might have to go with that 50 series after all. Although 50 series are usually longer than 16” if this a custom exhaust shop they should have ways of trimming the tips to fit somehow.
im not worried about fitment, in fact he said it would be better if I can get Offset/Offset. He said it would make it working with the quad tips easier, and he said there won’t be an issue with quads and the Offset/Offset muffler, which is a relief