XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

My 4 month old XJL

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 08:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My 4 month old XJL

I have been viewing this forum for too long......... So I had to join. I have a 2011 dark blue XJL. Just finished her 4th month. I have to say I had a motor on the pass rear view quit. Replace in one afternoon. Have had NOT ONE other problem. Asked my dealer to turn on the daytime running light. They did no charge. Did not look good with all on in the front. Asked them to turn them off........ No problem and no charge.

Just finished a trip from Cincinnati to UVA. WHAT A RIDE! The West V turnpike uas stunning. All curves and all 75 +. I did the milage numbers on paper and in the trip con. 27.9 paper. 28.1 trip con. Love the cooled seats. Ya the computer my be a bit slow, but this car kills the 7 BMW and the big MB. I know first hand. These are only my thought.......... Everyone has them

Will post some pix soon.

Am I the only one that really loves this car? I know only four months. I live in the day!

All the best.
Joe

Old 05-15-2011, 08:39 PM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Great to see some positive comments about this fine car.

Old 05-15-2011, 08:57 PM

We did some very slight custom paint to the badge work. I am interested to see what everyone thinks. Will post pix tomorrow.

Thanks for the welcome HTJ!

Old 05-15-2011, 09:51 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome MackXJL, glad to hear you are enjoying your car. I have had mine for 7 months now and still love it and I haven't had one single issue with this car so far. Look forward to seeing the pictures.

Don't get too discouraged about reading about all the troubles some are having with their cars that's the nature of forums, they are looking for answers, support or just venting.

Happy motoring!

Old 05-16-2011, 03:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

Welcome aboard , happy safe driving
It's good to read good comments about these cool XJs

Old 05-16-2011, 04:01 PM

OK I am a dumb .... Please tell me how to post a picture...........

Old 05-16-2011, 04:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

mack,
What motor ar you talking about?

Old 05-16-2011, 05:18 PM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Welcome to the forum....it is really one of the best online

Old 05-16-2011, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by jcamp
mack,
?????

Old 05-16-2011, 05:29 PM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Think he is asking if you have a super charged engine, or ?? To get the gas milage you are getting

Last edited by 2002XK8Orlando; 05-16-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:45 PM

I have to say I had a motor on the pass rear view quit.replace in one afternoon.
What are you talking about? What motor ?

Old 05-16-2011, 10:19 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

mack,
I think he means the passenger side rear-view mirror (either the motor that folds, or the motor that adjusts).

After 8 months of motoring, I too completely love this car. The only real issue I've had is the much discussed "roof popping" problem. All extant service action items were applied when I bought the car, including the "roof pop" item, but the popping returned with a vengeance two months ago. The second time is the charm though, (dealer now has a resident expert in ferreting out odd noises and eliminating them); the roof/glass has been silent since. Coming from an XF, I was used the slow touch screen response, but happy that it was marginally faster. While I turned off the animations at first, laboring under the false impression that it would speed things up dramatically, I now have turned animations on again. I much prefer the nearly instantaneous visual confirmation (the animated spark that appears) I've touched the intended button than wait for the audible tone which really lags behind. I also prefer visual confirmation as pages of music folders (USB drive) scroll up or down. I have a few minor niggles besides the slow touch screen response, but none that diminishes the expectations I had of this car - I still love getting behind the wheel everyday. Now if I could only achieve the phenomenal mileage Mack has reported; the best so far for me has been 24.9 on a trip to Santa Barbera.

The following users liked this post:
MackXJL (05-17-2011)
Old 05-17-2011, 03:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by MackXJL
OK I am a dumb .... Please tell me how to post a picture...........

Here's the link for you to post the pics

Jaguar Forums Help & Suggestion Center - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Read the sticky FAQs but bear in mind since you're a new member and under 10 posts you can't upload the pics using attachment from your own computer unless our admin grant you full access

Basically, use [IMG] [/IMG] tags between http://

Old 05-17-2011, 05:51 PM

I have the injected only 385 hp. Ir rocks. Love the way it sounds when you put it on the floor!

The one I replaced was the passenger side mirror motor. would not go down. up and side to side, but not down.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Diablo
I think he means the passenger side rear-view mirror (either the motor that folds, or the motor that adjusts).

After 8 months of motoring, I too completely love this car. The only real issue I've had is the much discussed "roof popping" problem. All extant service action items were applied when I bought the car, including the "roof pop" item, but the popping returned with a vengeance two months ago. The second time is the charm though, (dealer now has a resident expert in ferreting out odd noises and eliminating them); the roof/glass has been silent since. Coming from an XF, I was used the slow touch screen response, but happy that it was marginally faster. While I turned off the animations at first, laboring under the false impression that it would speed things up dramatically, I now have turned animations on again. I much prefer the nearly instantaneous visual confirmation (the animated spark that appears) I've touched the intended button than wait for the audible tone which really lags behind. I also prefer visual confirmation as pages of music folders (USB drive) scroll up or down. I have a few minor niggles besides the slow touch screen response, but none that diminishes the expectations I had of this car - I still love getting behind the wheel everyday. Now if I could only achieve the phenomenal mileage Mack has reported; the best so far for me has been 24.9 on a trip to Santa Barbera.

As for the mileage.... Please understand, I filled up just 200 yards before I got on the interstate. Did not stop untill I HAD to. Stopped at a rest area on the W VA pike and right back on. Not a true real world test but it DID get the numbers. Just over 24 is what I am seeing as well. That is still PHENOMENAL for the size and spirit of this Cat.

The following users liked this post:
JimC64 (05-17-2011)
Old 05-17-2011, 07:58 PM

Diablo,
This is my 2nd xj a replacement. The dealer told me all roof issues were fixed at the factory. Now they are coming back.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:06 PM
Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Welcome MackXJL I am glad you are enjoying your car. The only issues I have is my dvd player region code is not set and my rear sunroof cover doesnt close all the way. My bigger issue is with Jaguar as a company but the car is fabulous.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:26 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

As for the mileage.... Please understand, I filled up just 200 yards before I got on the interstate. Did not stop untill I HAD to
I never doubted you , but now I know how you achieved it - still, pretty good. Direct injection shines under those conditions, but the second you hit stop-and-go traffic, the mileage tanks

Old 05-17-2011, 10:44 PM

You are soooo right D!

Old 05-17-2011, 10:46 PM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts

I consistantly get only 17 mpg around town in my SC. Certainly did not get this car for the gas mileage! Better than my old Maserati QP--only got 14 in that one.

Quick Reply: My 4 month old XJL