XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

My 4 month old XJL

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 11:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HTG,

I came so darn close to the Maserati QP. I drive past the dealer every day on my way to the office. I kept seeing the same cars back in the service lanes. It is a way cool place with all glass. Also would see them comming in on roll-backs. It could have just been for service. Some people have so much money that the deales send a roll-back to pick them up?????. It is a sweet car but for the money....... the Jag is WOW!

I get about 24 overall on my drive to and from work. About 19 miles each way. 1/2 street 1/2 interstate. What I have noticed is that the brand makes a BIG difference in my Cat. The 10 % mix just kills my gas MPG.
Can't wait to see what the "summer blend" here in Cincinnati looks like.

Has anyone used 89 oct and checked the MPH? I have stayed with 91 and above. The care runs so good I hate to, well, loose that!

Old 05-17-2011, 11:24 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

This is my 2nd xj a replacement. The dealer told me all roof issues were fixed at the factory. Now they are coming back.
Your particular experience doesn't inspire confidence in Jaguar, and I can appreciate your less-than-sanguine feelings towards the brand. I had apprehensions when I first bought my XF being keenly aware of the negative press associated with Jaguar. However, after nearly three years of mostly problem-free driving, I was sufficiently confident that my experience with the XJ would be the same - so far, so good.

I think the dealership, and particularly, the service department plays a huge role in fostering a positive ownership experience. As mentioned, all service actions were performed when I bought the XJ, including the "roof pop" item (K064, I think). But as we now know, that is usually just a temporary fix. In my case, the "popping" continued to happen, but only rarely - until the temporary fix failed. This is where the competence and talents of the service department personnel are crucial. The second time around they went beyond just merely following the bulletin's instructions, but discovered the source of the noise and did what ever was necessary to address that. Now after two months, not a single "pop" - not even if I tried to make it happen.

Old 05-19-2011, 01:50 PM

I sure do agree on the dealership. I had nothing but problems with my 04 XJ. The dealer here in Cincinnati stayed with it and it was FIXED. After the first 90 says I had no problems..... not one..... I just sold the car 3 weeks ago. I did have a 1966 XK-E and that is a stand alone story.. Was stunning though.... Run...? It did not. We did not care. It got the girls

Old 05-19-2011, 03:56 PM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by MackXJL
I sure do agree on the dealership. I had nothing but problems with my 04 XJ. The dealer here in Cincinnati stayed with it and it was FIXED. After the first 90 says I had no problems..... not one..... I just sold the car 3 weeks ago. I did have a 1966 XK-E and that is a stand alone story.. Was stunning though.... Run...? It did not. We did not care. It got the girls
+1

A bad dealer will ruin your experience with this car--it's just too complicated. The service tech needs to be dedicated to the new XJ and have all of the proper training.

Old 05-30-2011, 05:53 PM

So, I had a chance to make a 3hour trip alone. I so love the my music function on the radio. I rocked at about 40 on the vol for the trip. Also
Got 28.1 on the trip. I love the car! Obtw. Old Grand Funk, Led for my head, and Traffic.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:36 AM

Another month has passes. No problems. One thing that has happened a lot more is people coming up to me and asking about the car. Is jag doing more ads? One real good looking lady last week and my WIFE was in the car! She (wife) thought it was hilarious! Thank god. Still having great fun with the Cat! I am getting almost 8K miles on the cat, so,,,,,,,,, I am driving the Mini CLUBMAN this weekend. Talk about a change! From a large to a very small. Oh my a$$ the MINI is a great go-cart. Got 39.1 mpg on a 200 mile trip. But my back..................

Old 06-10-2011, 05:05 PM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts

You just don't see a lot of these on the road and I think that's why they get so many envious looks. I know the dealers here in Houston are selling quite a few, but in the year that I have owned mine I bet I haven't seen more than a half dozen. That's one of the things I really like about this car--you sure can't say that about MB's or BMW's.

Old 06-11-2011, 08:01 AM

HTG
We have a great but small dealer here in Cincinnati. I have only seen 3 others on the road. Was in DC all last week. Saw 6 or7 all with drivers an back seat passengers. I need to get a driver....... no. That takes all the fun out of it!

Old 06-25-2011, 02:00 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

A passenger in a Merc S550 (one of the new ones that looks like a ramp with four wheels) almost fell out of his car craning his neck to check out my SC XJL. I too love the distinctiveness of the Jags. The Germans' styling just didn't do anything for me.

Old 06-25-2011, 02:02 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Not to mention that the Mercedes with the same features as my SC XJL would cost about $40 or $50k more.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:29 PM

had my first blip last night I think.......? I was on I71 S in Cincinnat. Went over a BAD pot hole and the cruse did turn off. I think the car is smarter then I am. It was telling me to pay more mind to the road and don't hit those VW bug size pot holes! I am going to call our dealer and see what they say. I just looked at the post about that.

Old 06-30-2011, 06:40 PM
pwl
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HouTexJag
You just don't see a lot of these on the road and I think that's why they get so many envious looks. I know the dealers here in Houston are selling quite a few, but in the year that I have owned mine I bet I haven't seen more than a half dozen. That's one of the things I really like about this car--you sure can't say that about MB's or BMW's.
The valet guys love it, but beyond that no one seems to look/notice in the DC area, and they are rarely seen at all on the road. Might explain why they are now offering much better lease deals, trying to move them.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by pwl
The valet guys love it, but beyond that no one seems to look/notice in the DC area, and they are rarely seen at all on the road. Might explain why they are now offering much better lease deals, trying to move them.
Wrong party is in power!!!! But know this everyone of the other party WOULD love to drive and have one. (i was P C for the 1st time in my life. I did not give a party name)

Old 07-03-2011, 01:49 AM
Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by MackXJL
Wrong party is in power!!!! But know this everyone of the other party WOULD love to drive and have one. (i was P C for the 1st time in my life. I did not give a party name)
Both parties are wrong.

Old 07-08-2011, 01:57 PM
Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

I've had my XJL since April 1 and haven't had any problems (snap, crackle & popping). I love this car so much I hate to bring up the one problem I just had........ The engine cooling fan went out. Completely out. It's been at the dealer for two days because they had to order the fan. I only have 4,500 miles on the car. I hope this isn't a precursor to what I might be in for. Other than that it beats the crap out of the CLS 63 I traded for it. And it does get more gawks than the CLS ever did. I got the car the day it was delivered to the dealer. In fact it still had all the plastic wrap on it when I got there. I don't think I gave them enough time to go over the car like they normally would so when I started reading about all these software glitches I got a little worried. The tech told me today that the car was so new it had all the software fixes already installed. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope the fan problem was a fluke........ This is a great forum!

Old 08-09-2011, 09:19 AM

Time is passing. 9834 miles on her as of today. Nothing..... no problems..... What a car. Wax, polish, love................

The following users liked this post:
gryphon95 (08-10-2011)
Old 08-09-2011, 10:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MackXJL - thanks for update. It's good to see the update and heard that you are having a very positive ownership experience. I'm torn between pulling the trigger now on a 2011 or holding out for the 2012.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:43 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gryphon95
MackXJL - thanks for update. It's good to see the update and heard that you are having a very positive ownership experience. I'm torn between pulling the trigger now on a 2011 or holding out for the 2012.
Gryphon95
i am holding out until the 2012 comes out. I really want the illumination package and london tan/jet interior in short wheel base. Therefore, i will wait. that said, i have not ordered it yet, put plan to pull the trigger in a week or two.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hogtym
Gryphon95
i am holding out until the 2012 comes out. I really want the illumination package and london tan/jet interior in short wheel base. Therefore, i will wait. that said, i have not ordered it yet, put plan to pull the trigger in a week or two.
I didn't know you could get in the order queue yet, hogtym. So, that's good to know. I Have gone back and forth on interior colors (London Tan / Jet or Navy / Ivory). I'm firm on the exterior color - it has got to be Polaris White.

Old 08-10-2011, 02:14 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default where did xj 2011 forum go??????????????

I do not see any xj 2011 forum listed anymore.

Quick Reply: My 4 month old XJL