XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Navigation question - destination entry in 2016/17 XJL

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 03:02 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Navigation question - destination entry in 2016/17 XJL

Ok… so just to make sure I understand this right…

The new (2017/2016) XJL Portfolio comes with a solid state hard drive for Navigation, but you cannot input your directions via Voice.

Instead, the argument is that searching for your destination made easy by utilizing a smart phone Jaguar Route App, and it’s true; however, this feature becomes obsolete unless you sign up for a connectivity package with monthly charges (e.g. with ATT Wireless), so that the car can synch up with the Jaguar’s App.

And to exacerbate the situation, unless you sign up for the aforementioned monthly services, your traffic information is now dead….only after 3 months.

Am I missing something? This is a brand new car… how is this competitive to other luxury brands? To me, it sounds ridiculous that I need to sign up for slow 3G services from a wireless provider to get some basic safety features (not even luxury items) such as easy way to enter destination and stay aware of the traffic conditions… on a BRAND NEW car that costs 100k…. am I asking too much? If Jaguar failed (for some idiotic reason) to include Navigation input by voice, why not provide an alternative solutions (entry via App) free of charge … at least for a year or two?