XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Need Help- fuel line leaking- part?

Search this Thread

Old Today, 12:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help- fuel line leaking- part?

Hi everyone,

Hoping someone can help me identify this part.
( Please see pictures as well)

A few weeks ago after fueling up, I began to notice a gas smell inside that car. After taking several steps (closing gas cap , looking under car after parking- with no help) I took it in for repairs. I was told it was the Gasket on the Vacuum pump. Even though i smelled gas and not oil. long story short, it still smell like gas. I took another look myself. Took the plastic cover off the manifold and found the problem. Gas was spitting out of one of the (gas? ) lines ( located on right side) at a connection point. I am not sure if it even is a gas supply or return line.
I went to the dealer to purchase the part, ( with a picture in hand) and these guys keep trying to sell me the entire gas line instead of the approx. 12 inch meshed line that i feel i need. I asked two different people there, neither can tell me which part it is. The part they are trying to sell me goes from the hood back through the firewall and to the fuel pump. I think (not sure) this is not what I need but they insist.
There is a tag on the line- Reads ** DWS 9323 - AA F ** Dealer said it was meaningless, but it is literally attached to the part I need.

Hope this was enough info- Thanks Everyone

Last edited by NJJAGG; Today at 05:43 PM.
Old Today, 02:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,451 Likes on 1,925 Posts

I would go to an on-line Jaguar parts place and do some looking yourself? Be sure you have the last 6 digits of your VIN to verify which parts are correct.
I use these guys;
Factory Jaguar Parts

Any chance you can just take the connection apart and replace the O-Ring? Might be the simplest way to fix it?

Old Today, 03:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Clubairth1,

I have tried a similar website several times ( just tried your site as well, Thank You).
Still can't find it.
I also went back to the Dealer Parts Department with better pictures. ( ones I attached before)
Unfortunately, I was helped by the same person. Showed him exactly what I was looking for, pointed it out in the picture.
He began to argue with me. Not sure why? Told me to pick a part out from his diagram, none at all looked like what I needed.
When I told him i didn't believe it was the part he tried to sell me last time, he got defensive and said " He can't be sure but I needed to decide"??
This is a bit troubling because they don't have it in stock, and if i order it and it is the wrong part, he said I would not be able to return it?
I then asked him if he would ask one of the Jag techs right across the walkway- HIs response- "No, we are not allowed to talk to them- Also, you are not either."
Not sure what else to do- When I asked him if he could ask the person next to him, maybe he would know what it is, he then replied "No, we are both parts guys, we both would not know what it is"
Then he asked me if i thought it was a vapor hose??- I just walked out.

I would try the O-ring, but at this point i don't know how i would even be able to buy the correct one as the Parts department will ask me to find it.
I may just try and take the part out and bring it to a different Jaguar dealer.

Thanks again for your response.