XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Need help with new Jaguar purchase decision

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2013 | 06:58 PM
|
Default Need help with new Jaguar purchase decision

Hi everyone I am new to this forum. I put a deposit down today on a new 2013 XJL AWD Portfolio 3.0 in Lunar Grey. I wanted to get opinions from everyone on a couple things such as color and model of the car.

1). I originally wanted to buy a XJL V8 supercharged but the deal i am getting on this AWD is pretty good. I live in Michigan and was concerned with buying a 5.0 RWD with out winters here but thought snow tires may make it better.

Do you guys recommend the V6 and or the V8. I like power but also want it to be safe for my wife.

2). Color. What are you opinions on the XJL in Lunar Grey? My wife said she sees hints of purple in certain angles/lighting. We also like Stratus Grey but none available in my state.

3). Would the available spoiler look stupid on the supercharged V6? It only comes with the XJR and I haven't seen any V6's with it.

4). The dealer is offering to take the front grills off and paint them black like the XJR for under $400. What do you guys think? I thought with the grey colors it would look better in black vs. the chrome.

I appreciate your input and look forward to getting my car as early as next week! :<) thanks,

Old 12-01-2013 | 08:30 AM

Drove the V6 AWD when my 2011 was in the shop. Mileage was great but the engine shutting down when stopped freaks me out. I didn't think I needed the V8 either but it was a nice drive.

Live in MN and bought the snow tires...also selling these if you go with the V8.

Good luck.

Old 12-01-2013 | 09:16 AM
|

Hi Mosticks, thanks for the reply...i read your other posts and sorry to hear about your lemon law case. I've been there years ago with Ford and hope to never go thru that again....it went to a 5 day jury trial which i won of course.

Regards to the eco mode that can be shutoff with the button but i know what you mean. I really want the supercharged V8 but i'm being offered a brand new 2013 V6 XJL portfolio for 68K which i think is a great deal.

Thanks,

Old 12-01-2013 | 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Undecided
Hi Mosticks, thanks for the reply...i read your other posts and sorry to hear about your lemon law case. I've been there years ago with Ford and hope to never go thru that again....it went to a 5 day jury trial which i won of course.

Regards to the eco mode that can be shutoff with the button but i know what you mean. I really want the supercharged V8 but i'm being offered a brand new 2013 V6 XJL portfolio for 68K which i think is a great deal.

Thanks,
Were it not for the issues with the car and the collapse in value, and I've heard and always known there were more service risks, I would have negotiated a replacement with Jaguar and the dealer. They were very supportive until the negotiations went a little nuclear. Candidly, I amped it up after my wife was stranded at risk on a highway...we can't have that.

I drove the Supercharged V6 for almost a week while my standard V8 was in the shop. It handled about the same as my V8. I took it to Nebraska for a weekend and overall I got over 28mpg. Never got a chance to test the AWD in the conditions we can get here in MN or WI but had a Mercedes E class 4matic prior to my Jag and assume it will be fine. Someone told me if you are really concerned with handling such a car you shouldn't be driving it!

I wish you luck. Again, loved the car and in addition to being fun to drive, it was a real head turner.

The following users liked this post:
Undecided (12-01-2013)
Old 12-01-2013 | 04:13 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Undecided
Hi everyone I am new to this forum. I put a deposit down today on a new 2013 XJL AWD Portfolio 3.0 in Lunar Grey. I wanted to get opinions from everyone on a couple things such as color and model of the car.

1). I originally wanted to buy a XJL V8 supercharged but the deal i am getting on this AWD is pretty good. I live in Michigan and was concerned with buying a 5.0 RWD with out winters here but thought snow tires may make it better.

Do you guys recommend the V6 and or the V8. I like power but also want it to be safe for my wife.

2). Color. What are you opinions on the XJL in Lunar Grey? My wife said she sees hints of purple in certain angles/lighting. We also like Stratus Grey but none available in my state.

3). Would the available spoiler look stupid on the supercharged V6? It only comes with the XJR and I haven't seen any V6's with it.

4). The dealer is offering to take the front grills off and paint them black like the XJR for under $400. What do you guys think? I thought with the grey colors it would look better in black vs. the chrome.

I appreciate your input and look forward to getting my car as early as next week! :<) thanks,

#4...Go to an independent paint shop and get a quote, may be cheaper..
Good luck

Old 12-01-2013 | 08:34 PM
|

Thanks, I also found the same style spoiler online painted to match factory paint codes for $463.00.
D2S® - Jaguar XJ-Type 2011-2013 Euro Style Rear Lip Spoiler