XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Owners Reviews of their Jaguars

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 04:07 PM
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Old 11-14-2015, 06:28 PM
Received 90 Likes on 66 Posts

Take it with a grain of salt. Jaguars website. All happy customers?

Old 11-14-2015, 06:38 PM

I'll take it. If there was nothing but negative reviews I guess neither you or I would own one of these fine automobiles. I've seen more positive reviews and owners expressing they like their Jaguar on this forum website.

Old 11-14-2015, 06:41 PM
Location: Mooresville, NC (Race City USA), home of most NASCAR teams.
Received 481 Likes on 368 Posts

Thank you "retriever-007" for posting this. I totally agree with the reviewers about the Jaguar XJ, it is truly an extraordinary car.

The following users liked this post:
retriever-007 (11-14-2015)
Old 11-15-2015, 03:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,455 Likes on 1,951 Posts

All very recent owners. Whilst I am getting "warmer" about these cars, I am still nervous about the roof 'popping' problem, as I would have to buy a used car not a new one.

Old 11-15-2015, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Fraser Mitchell
All very recent owners. Whilst I am getting "warmer" about these cars, I am still nervous about the roof 'popping' problem, as I would have to buy a used car not a new one.
Nothing wrong w/ buying a used Jaguar, probably most of us start out that way.
Consider getting an extended warranty though depending on how many miles on the pre-owned vehicle when you buy it.

Old 11-15-2015, 06:10 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,905 Likes on 3,209 Posts

Fraiser, I bought a used XJ and I have been very happy with it. I haven't really found a true problem. Little things that I would expect to be a bit better than they are for a car of this quality, but nothing that I would be fearful of driving the car over. Some of them have been driver induced. If you can get a newer XJ, do it. Like was mentioned, if it will make you feel better, get an extended warrantee. But, odds are, you will not need it.

Old 11-15-2015, 06:53 PM
Received 163 Likes on 129 Posts

While not an x351 I do have an x350 and it's not the first Jaguar we've owned. I know problems pop up with cars as they age and Jaguars tend to have some odd ones. I would say that an owner who knows the brand would also be more accepting of the issues and wouldn't way hard on their opinions.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,319 Likes on 3,464 Posts

I've owned my CPO 2013 XJ 5.0 SC SWB for 13 months and have had only one issue. Shortly after taking delivery, I noticed a faint smell of antifreeze. Being aware of the notorious water pump issue, I had my dealer inspect it and they decided to replace the pump under warranty. My XJ is very quiet - no roof pops, no wind noise, no squeaks, no rattles and the Meridian Surround Sound is exceptional. I'm amazed that with 470HP I get 16mpg in the city thanks to the exceptionally smooth 8-speed and not-so-smooth stop-start (I've gotten used to it). And then there's the style and quality of the materials and workmanship - timeless beauty, inside and out. I'm very pleased with my purchase.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:22 PM
Received 163 Likes on 129 Posts

They are amazing cars. I've driven them a few times and while I plan to get many more years out of my VDP first I do plan to get an x351 XJL as its replacement.

retriever-007 (11-15-2015)
Old 11-15-2015, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Torrid
They are amazing cars. I've driven them a few times and while I plan to get many more years out of my VDP first I do plan to get an x351 XJL as its replacement.
Good move as regarding your next replacement vehicle. You know, keep the VDP as a second or classic vehicle but consider, as soon as financially able or practical, and make the move to the x351 automobile.
I'm not a Jaguar salesperson but being this is my first Jaguar, even though I have been looking at these automobiles for about 30 years--and almost bought a 2009 Jaguar Portfolio, I'm really glad I purchased my previously owned '12 XJL Portfolio with only 7300 miles on it--13,600 miles now on it as of today.

Old 11-15-2015, 08:10 PM
Received 90 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by retriever-007
I'll take it. If there was nothing but negative reviews I guess neither you or I would own one of these fine automobiles. I've seen more positive reviews and owners expressing they like their Jaguar on this forum website.
I just find it funny that every post is positive. Don't get me wrong, if they were all negative, I would be suspicious too. Would I buy another XJ.... YES. Is the XJ in the shop for a coolant leak, you betcha. I know every car has certain issues, but if you know what they are, you can plan ahead for them.

When I want to know the true reliability of a car, I look up the car fax on multiple vehicles I am interested in. I browse the online dealer stock with the free available car fax. I probably looked at 30 or so XJs. I noticed that the Jag XJ had a considerable amount of water pumps replaced. The pumps aren't expensive, but I used the info to let my wife know to "pull over ASAP if the coolant light comes on and get towed".

retriever-007 (11-16-2015)
Old 11-16-2015, 04:48 AM
MHT
Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Polyesterpig
I just find it funny that every post is positive. Don't get me wrong, if they were all negative, I would be suspicious too. Would I buy another XJ.... YES. Is the XJ in the shop for a coolant leak, you betcha. I know every car has certain issues, but if you know what they are, you can plan ahead for them.

When I want to know the true reliability of a car, I look up the car fax on multiple vehicles I am interested in. I browse the online dealer stock with the free available car fax. I probably looked at 30 or so XJs. I noticed that the Jag XJ had a considerable amount of water pumps replaced. The pumps aren't expensive, but I used the info to let my wife know to "pull over ASAP if the coolant light comes on and get towed".
Great idea, I went onto the dealers sight and took a look at the Car Fax on all the preowned XJ's in stock. The years ranged from 2011-2013 with the longest length of ownership being 4 years and most miles driven was about 60,000.
I saw 1 that had the water pump replaced, 1 that had the roof seals and door seals replaced, could this have been for the roof pop? One had the audio system worked on several times.
Much to my surprised none seemed to have had a great deal of work done during the period of ownership. What I did see was allot of wheel repairs, alignments and tire replacements which I contributed to possibly poor road conditions.
I have had my XJ for a little over 4 weeks and 2,200 and unlike some previous cars, I have not had it back at the dealership for any warranty work as of yet. With my last two cars I know I was back at the dealer about 3 or 4 times by now.

Last edited by MHT; 11-16-2015 at 04:50 AM.
Old 11-16-2015, 12:45 PM
Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Love my 2011 XJL

I for one love my car. Yes, it has had some minor issues (water pump, a blown speaker, rear sunshade replaced), but all in all it has been a solid and reliable car, thank God! I do feel blessed to own one and I would certainly recommend it to anyone. Of course, it does help to have a good dealership, and I am blessed in that aspect as well.

I spent 4+ hours yesterday washing, waxing and detailing my car...will post some pics of my dear kitten!

Attached Thumbnails Owners Reviews of their Jaguars-wp_20151116_002.jpg   Owners Reviews of their Jaguars-wp_20151116_005.jpg   Owners Reviews of their Jaguars-wp_20151116_006.jpg  

Last edited by LiquidIce; 11-16-2015 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Added pics
Old 11-16-2015, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by LiquidIce
I for one love my car. Yes, it has had some minor issues (water pump, a blown speaker, rear sunshade replaced), but all in all it has been a solid and reliable car, thank God! I do feel blessed to own one and I would certainly recommend it to anyone. Of course, it does help to have a good dealership, and I am blessed in that aspect as well.

I spent 4+ hours yesterday washing, waxing and detailing my car...will post some pics of my dear kitten!
Really nice automobile. If it wasn't for a health issue I'd be spending about this amount of time also cleaning/detailing mine. Keep up the great work on your automobile.

LiquidIce (11-17-2015)
Old 11-16-2015, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Polyesterpig

I'm impressed with the research you do on vehicles. I thought I was a good researcher but you have me beat in that department.
Enjoy the XJ

Old 11-16-2015, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by MHT
Great idea, I went onto the dealers sight and took a look at the Car Fax on all the preowned XJ's in stock. The years ranged from 2011-2013 with the longest length of ownership being 4 years and most miles driven was about 60,000.
I saw 1 that had the water pump replaced, 1 that had the roof seals and door seals replaced, could this have been for the roof pop? One had the audio system worked on several times.
Much to my surprised none seemed to have had a great deal of work done during the period of ownership. What I did see was allot of wheel repairs, alignments and tire replacements which I contributed to possibly poor road conditions.
I have had my XJ for a little over 4 weeks and 2,200 and unlike some previous cars, I have not had it back at the dealership for any warranty work as of yet. With my last two cars I know I was back at the dealer about 3 or 4 times by now.
Just think of the people who own diesel Volkswagen cars and how the value of their cars has decreased due to the recently announced shenanigans carried out by the manufacturer. I also own a GMC truck but it was not on the recall due to the ignition issue. And, my wife was in an accident in July and her '11 Buick Enclave was totaled; thank goodness she was wearing her seat belt and the airbag also saved her life.
As re my XJL Portfolio, I've owned it one year as of this week and no recalls and no warranty issues. Although only 13,600 miles (7300 on it when purchased), two weeks ago had it inspected and had the second annual service completed--no complaints w/ this automobile.

Old 11-17-2015, 01:54 PM
Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by retriever-007
Really nice automobile. If it wasn't for a health issue I'd be spending about this amount of time also cleaning/detailing mine. Keep up the great work on your automobile.

Thanks a lot mate for the kind words. I hope your health issue gets better!

I don't know how much longer I can keep on spending 4 hours washing and waxing my car...my body is still aching two days later from all that hard work, lol!