Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2020, 12:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance chips?

Any thoughts on GÄN tuning for jaguar?

Old 08-12-2020, 11:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,488 Likes on 1,950 Posts

Plenty of threads if you search but you posted no car info so no way to answer you?
Can you tell us what "GAN Tuning" is?

Old 08-13-2020, 09:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 6,426 Likes on 3,514 Posts
Old 05-01-2021, 09:50 PM
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Don’t waste money!

I’ve owned six Jaguars in my life and I thought I was going to be getting an XJ EV until they pulled it!

My first was an 88 1/2 and I was impressed when I was test driving it and I wanted to hear the stereo on the freeway so I took my eyes off the speedometer for a moment and it felt like I was going 65 but when I looked at the speedometer I was going almost 100.
Mind you this was a six cylinder with an every day ordinary distributor cap and spark plug wires no coil on plugs no computerized electronics. The very first time I pulled onto the freeway I had the same feeling when you sink in your seat on a jet taking off.

Not one jaguar I bought Since has disappointed. A lot of thought and care and programming goes into making your vehicle very responsive. I don’t need to drive my car like a bed of a hell but it’s nice to know that if I need to get out of the way of an impending situation I can do it in a heartbeat.

Why screw around with something that’s already well-designed! The second jaguar I had was a ‘95 (Still without all the computerization that was on the next year or two!) I foolishly raced a Corvette but decided if one were to possibly go to jail for speeding 140 mph would do the trick so I backed off and with the Corvette “win!”

In the interest of the environment and with the onslaught of gas prices doubling within a short period of time I downsize to the V6 SC. It certainly doesn’t have the residence and sound of the big BH and still gets up and goes fine. I really think these tuners would be a waste of money. I have yet to see anyone put running shoes on a winning racehorse.

Old 05-02-2021, 09:20 AM
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by mc690
I’ve owned six Jaguars in my life and I thought I was going to be getting an XJ EV until they pulled it!

My first was an 88 1/2 and I was impressed when I was test driving it and I wanted to hear the stereo on the freeway so I took my eyes off the speedometer for a moment and it felt like I was going 65 but when I looked at the speedometer I was going almost 100.
Mind you this was a six cylinder with an every day ordinary distributor cap and spark plug wires no coil on plugs no computerized electronics. The very first time I pulled onto the freeway I had the same feeling when you sink in your seat on a jet taking off.

Not one jaguar I bought Since has disappointed. A lot of thought and care and programming goes into making your vehicle very responsive. I don’t need to drive my car like a bed of a hell but it’s nice to know that if I need to get out of the way of an impending situation I can do it in a heartbeat.

Why screw around with something that’s already well-designed! The second jaguar I had was a ‘95 (Still without all the computerization that was on the next year or two!) I foolishly raced a Corvette but decided if one were to possibly go to jail for speeding 140 mph would do the trick so I backed off and with the Corvette “win!”

In the interest of the environment and with the onslaught of gas prices doubling within a short period of time I downsize to the V6 SC. It certainly doesn’t have the residence and sound of the big BH and still gets up and goes fine. I really think these tuners would be a waste of money. I have yet to see anyone put running shoes on a winning racehorse.
respectfully, I have to disagree. Performance tuning for the AJ has plenty of merit behind it. Mine is already an XJR with 550hp, and with a lower pulley and tune it goes to 645 with no ill effects? I am happy with that.

Also, downsizing to the 3.0SC for environment and gas prices...I am afraid you are not really satisfying either as the 3.0SC can be just as thirsty as the 5.0SC (especially when the 5.0 has the ZF8HP - tested anecdotally ) and environment? It essentially is the same engine with two cylinders deactivated and additional balance shafts. I am sure you are not saving the environment by going with the V6sc vs the V8sc...But hey, you do you and enjoy your vehicle to its fullest.

So I support the tuning by reputable companies like VAP, as well as many do on this forum.

Old 05-02-2021, 10:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,488 Likes on 1,950 Posts

Agree 100%! My VAP tune and lower pulley are a brilliant addition to my XJR. Even better gas mileage to boot!
The car is beyond fun to drive! But the best part is both are so easy to install for the shade tree mechanic. You can do it in an afternoon and don't even need a lift.
I have modified cars for decades and there is always a trade off of some kind but the VAP additions really are an improvement on all fronts.

Save the environment by breeding less children and stop flying in jet aircraft. Nothing else will make any difference.

Old 05-02-2021, 11:55 AM
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by clubairth1
Agree 100%! My VAP tune and lower pulley are a brilliant addition to my XJR. Even better gas mileage to boot!
The car is beyond fun to drive! But the best part is both are so easy to install for the shade tree mechanic. You can do it in an afternoon and don't even need a lift.
I have modified cars for decades and there is always a trade off of some kind but the VAP additions really are an improvement on all fronts.

Save the environment by breeding less children and stop flying in jet aircraft. Nothing else will make any difference.
...and by going vegan (11 years here) to save from the pollution of the industrial animal agriculture industry...but lets not get into that! I am with you also on the children and aircraft fronts. Every little step counts.