XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Pothole damage - need 2 new wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 03:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SNG Barratt USA
With JF discount our price on these is $734.00 each for the fronts and $779.00 each for the rears. Please let me know if you need any further info or would like to order.
William@SngBarratt.Com
Thanks although I'm sorted now - I'll keep that in mind for the future.

Originally Posted by psinsyd
Ouch. I know what you mean about the Michigan roads. Been through two tires and an alignment this year too. First tire was on a dealer loaner when I had my XF in for maintenance, and the second with the alignment was on my car. Good ol' Michigan roads...

Supposedly the road commission is trying to get out of any claims by saying they're not responsible unless the pothole was an issue that had been reported at least 30 days earlier and they were negligent in repairing it......nice.
Sorry to hear. I've had two friends go through the same issue last week! The roads in Africa are better than ours for sure.

Why am I not surprised to hear about OCRC trying to get out of it. But I'm not going to give up trying either. I've submitted my claim over the weekend - let's see what happens.

The following users liked this post:
psinsyd (03-14-2014)
Old 04-15-2014, 06:42 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have to agree with the poster that said your city is responsible. I've filed claims with the state of Maryland twice each for roughly $2500. And the state of Virginia for $3500. I tend to ride after market expensive rims. If I bust up a rim in a nasty pothole I can't always walk in and get a replacement. So they end up paying for a whole new set essentially. Some states are easier than others to deal with. The commonwealth took nearly a year and a lot of BS games. But they paid in the end. I pay taxes the roads should not have craters in them. One time it was due to road milling where they left MASSIVE craters in the road. Ridiculous. Doesn't help you now, but I suggest getting reimbursed by the state when it's all said and done.

Have your receipts. Towing etc.
Pictures the pothole, road markers (exit ramp sign etc to show you were where you said you were).
And don't back down.