XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Pre facelift x351 diamond quilted stitch leather retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2016 | 04:12 AM
|
Default Pre facelift x351 diamond quilted stitch leather retrofit

Hi guys

Is anyone managed to retrofit the diamond stitch upholstery from the facelift on a pre facelift xj? Do you think the hole upholstery could fit the seats of a pre facelift?

Old 11-14-2016 | 04:06 AM
Veteran Member

If they do fit, and you are looking to buy new OEM covers, the cost will be about £2k for each front seat. About £2.5k for the rears. There is some variation for trim level, but usually only a few £100s either way.

If you don't already have the winged headrests then they are about £500 each (two at the front, three at the rear depending on your seat configuration).

That's £9k for the covers and headrests. The cushions, if needed, are nowhere near as expensive at around £500 for the full set.

Prices are GBP ex. VAT. If you are in the EU add 20% before converting the currency. US direct imports will be cheaper than buying through a US dealer.

It is worth noting that most of the trim parts will not be stocked and will be made to order with a typical 6 month lead time. (Yeah I know that is ridiculous, but that's just in time manufacturing for you...)

Personally I would not consider the OEM route unless you can get a full set cheaply (or a donor car). A good car upholstery shop will be able to make new covers to your specification for a lot less money.

The following users liked this post:
superspatial (12-19-2016)
Old 11-16-2016 | 01:09 AM
Veteran Member

Personally, I think the diamond quilted look is hideous in comparison to the previous seats. In fact, it would probably rank as the biggest deterrent to me purchasing a new XJ. Maybe by the time I'm ready to upgrade, they will have either moved on to another design or I will have grown accustomed to the look.

Dwayne