XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Product survey and suggestions.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 05:49 AM
Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts
Default Product survey and suggestions.

Hi all,

I have been asked by our engineering department to ask you to review some of the ideas that may find their way into our vehicles in the very near future. We would appreciate your feedback and suggestions. Please take some time to fill out the survey below.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...cVZkSkdMRkE6MQ

Thanks and regards,
Kelly

Old 03-28-2013, 03:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 516 Likes on 414 Posts

I have now had my 2013 XJ SuperSport with the Speed Packagefor 5 months. The car is beautiful and a joy to drive and attracts a lot ofcompliments. However, I do have some things to suggest that I would like tobring to your attention and maybe see what can be done to improve the breed.

· I would like to see the ability to program what audiosources I can easily select. As an example, since I use Pandora through myphone I did not subscribe to Satellite Radio and would like to not have toscroll past it, much less as remove it from the “selection’ menu. In its placeI would like the ability to have the following selections that I can easilyselect with the mode button: Radio FM, Bluetooth, My Music (stored CDs), andUSB.

· Next in Bluetooth, while the music selection displays onthe main screen it does not display the music selection under Bluetooth in thecenter section of the left instrument panel gauge.

· Both of these may be able to be easily remedied in asoftware update.

· The Blind Spot monitoring gets into disabled modeintermittently (my tech and service advisor have said that I am not the only2013 XJ owner with this issue)

Old 03-28-2013, 07:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Filled out the survey. Thanks for the opportunity. While it didn't include this in the survey, I would also add that the infotainment is FAR behind other luxury vehicles. Jaguar has a strong physical presence on the roadway, and I would even argue, it's the most attractive luxury vehicle on the road right now (especially the new XJ), however, the technology has a long ways to come before it competes with Lexus or BMW. If Jaguar was to get that right, it would be UNTOUCHABLE in the market. Don't give consumers a reason to go to Lexus and BMW. I recently took my '13 XJL Supercharged to a Lexus Dealership (I previously owned a LS460), and my dealer, who has been with Lexus for 20 years, was very impressed. She even made the comment "I wish Lexus would start making vehicles like this."

Old 03-28-2013, 07:44 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Ditto on the infotainment system. I overlooked it because the rest of the car is so good. I also owned a Lexus before the Jag. It was very good all things, exceptional at none. Ran like a Swiss watch, but in the end had no soul.

Filled out the survey. Noticed it's really about the seat heating controls. Yes I think the basic on off and levels should be hard buttons and save the fine tuning of the cushions and back for the touch screen.

While we are at it, make the volume knob for the audio system larger and give me a sunglasses holder in the headliner. Don't take away my 470 HP V8!!