XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Programmable Options

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 07:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Programmable Options

HI Guys

I would appreciate some guidance, recently purchased a XJ and wanted toconfigure some of the options I previously had on my BMW 760. For example
  • Alarm Bleep when setting alarm
  • Boot Open/Close from interior Button
  • Boot Open/Close from Key Fob
  • Headlight flash on alarm activation
  • Sunroof close from key fob

Some of the above options where dealer enabled and some were programminghacks using winkfp reprogramming the modules directly.

I was very surprised today when I took the car to the dealer and they saidit is Not possible to close the sunroof via the key fob. I thought this was theglobal closing option and dealer enabled!!

Does anyone know if this can be enabled? or if there is software availableto explore programmable options on the car other than Jaguars SDD?

I became quite successful programming the BMW and would be interested to seewhat can be done on the Jag.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Regs

Graham

Old 08-19-2013, 08:05 AM
Veteran Member
Received 664 Likes on 572 Posts

Originally Posted by grahambell
[*]Alarm Bleep when setting alarm[*]Boot Open/Close from interior Button[*]Boot Open/Close from Key Fob[*]Headlight flash on alarm activation[*]Sunroof close from key fob
Can't comment on your model but from experience,

Alarm beep is dealer programmable as would headlight flash.

Everything else you should be able to programme through the remote fob.

Not much help I'm afraid but I'm sure some one will be along with more detailed info.

Old 08-20-2013, 11:03 AM

Unfortunately sunroof close via remote fob is not possible. Windows - yes. Sunroof - no.

Boot close is not possible via fob or interior button on dash. Open only via both options.

There are few programmable options (user or dealer) on the XJ. Very much style over substance I'm afraid. I have pushed Jaguar UK on many issues in ways in which the systems could be hugely improved by very simple additional programming but they just do not seem interested. Such a shame

Old 08-21-2013, 04:06 AM
Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by wattsn
Unfortunately sunroof close via remote fob is not possible. Windows - yes. Sunroof - no.

Boot close is not possible via fob or interior button on dash. Open only via both options.

There are few programmable options (user or dealer) on the XJ. Very much style over substance I'm afraid. I have pushed Jaguar UK on many issues in ways in which the systems could be hugely improved by very simple additional programming but they just do not seem interested. Such a shame
I didnt know you could close the windows through the FOB. I havent found that option.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:59 AM

It's not a programmable option, it's standard. On UK cars anyway. Press and hold lock button and windows close, but not sunroof unfortunately.

The following users liked this post:
LiquidIce (08-22-2013)
Old 08-21-2013, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by wattsn

BMW had a similar attitude and that is why their software was hacked and the options enabled without their support, all the options mentioned I enabled with winkfp software. Looks like the challenge to hack Jaguar has been given

The following users liked this post:
LiquidIce (08-22-2013)
Old 08-22-2013, 11:03 AM
Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Please keep us in the loop mate if you are successful. Would love to see the possibilities on programming it.
The one thing that does frustrate me is in the inability to remote start the engine. All of the higher end BMWs, Mercs, and Audis have it, so why not the Jags? Even a US $ 30,000 Chevrolet Malibu has that option, so it just befuddles me why a $80,000 XJ cann't have it.

Old 08-22-2013, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by LiquidIce
Please keep us in the loop mate if you are successful. Would love to see the possibilities on programming it.
The one thing that does frustrate me is in the inability to remote start the engine. All of the higher end BMWs, Mercs, and Audis have it, so why not the Jags? Even a US $ 30,000 Chevrolet Malibu has that option, so it just befuddles me why a $80,000 XJ cann't have it.
Will keep you all posted, looking at relevant cables as we speak I don't see many resources on coding of Jags in contrast to a huge resource for BMW's although I'm sure this will grow. Can't imagine why remote start would not be available but I guess British manufacturer don't fully appreciate the climate of other countries.

Regs
Graham

Old 08-23-2013, 05:14 AM

All of the higher end BMWs, Mercs, and Audis have it, so why not the Jags?
Which Audis have it. My Q7 and A8 don't and did not realise there was anything above those in their range. I'm guessing just not in UK as they are too concerned we may hurt ourselves. Geez!!!

Old 08-23-2013, 08:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 331 Likes on 235 Posts

They just don't want you "polluting the air".

Cars these days take literally about 2 minutes to warm up and you have heat.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by grahambell
Will keep you all posted, looking at relevant cables as we speak I don't see many resources on coding of Jags in contrast to a huge resource for BMW's although I'm sure this will grow. Can't imagine why remote start would not be available but I guess British manufacturer don't fully appreciate the climate of other countries.

Regs
Graham
I'll admit, the ONLY thing I miss as a former BMW owner is the online tech support from fellow owners. I took full advantage of their hard work to customize mine to best convenience me.
I'll be following this thread. I'd love to remove having to press the "Accept" button before using the Nav. Also, the ability to have video continue to play on screen, regardless of speed.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by avus9
I'll admit, the ONLY thing I miss as a former BMW owner is the online tech support from fellow owners. I took full advantage of their hard work to customize mine to best convenience me.
I'll be following this thread. I'd love to remove having to press the "Accept" button before using the Nav. Also, the ability to have video continue to play on screen, regardless of speed.
My car was being repaired today and I asked for the ability to have the sunroof close via key fob and even the dealer couldn't believe this is not a programmable option, so if you lock your car and forget to close the sunroof your gonna have to get back in turn on the ignition and press the button to close the roof lol,,,,,,,in this day and age!!!

Both the options you mention I managed to update on my 760, no one thought it was possible to programme TV on the move but even that was cracked, putting out of action all those hardware vendors charging £100's to achieve the same.

Found a interesting post in the Jaguar Forums to disable seatbelt gong by plugging the seatbelt in and out 8 times to disable/enable the sounder, so I am sure more options will be coming to light

Old 08-23-2013, 06:37 PM

BMW used "Webasto" preheaters manufactured in Doncaster with a remote start I think it was called Telstart, or via a mobile phone such as the iPhone, you can make a enquiry

Webasto: Retrofitting luxury class cars with a Parking Heater