XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

radiator fan

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,351 Likes on 1,851 Posts

Good info above!
All correct.
I have posted this multiple times but be forewarned there are errors in the part numbers for the DPS as I found out.
Also note this is version 7!! So they had a few false starts on this problem.

But since 12jagmark posted I should mention that his advice of replacing the entire compressor instead of messing around with DPS valves was worth it's weight in GOLD!
Please consider it as I wish I had!

Note I meant those pressure were UNusual! Sorry for the confusion from that typo.

Attached Files
Old Today, 12:18 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OK….. So….. Since the fan…. Worked… must be ok? I mean…. Regardless of the maybe faulty compressor valve that maybe gives or not faulty commands to boost the fan…… the fan for normal job to cool the engine works, being that I saw it spinning.
Because at this moment, that's my main concern. Is air cool is working properly or not. The fan. Yeah…. Air con…. Another problem, could be fixed by new compressor.

And…. Any idea about how to check the compressor? I mean…. I asked for a shop the refurb it. Not such a place. Nobody does those any more. So I am stranded only with the idea to change it, and shops are going to say change the radiator because it might have created metal shavings…. And clean the entire system.
All…. By guess, and the comPresser works.
I mean….. Thatsborderline stupid.
No way to check it for real…. No way to find the real problem,,,, just throw at the car some expensive parts like compressor radiator labour…. And a fan maybe just to be sure. All brand new…. About 2000 euro. With good name new compressors and brand new fan.
Second…. Only the fan….. With brand new compressor and radiator and labour… around 1500 euro.
I mean…. You get the idea. And compressor does give cold air.
In current situations…. Main concerns are about the engine cooling system. Is the fan all good? Even for fan speed boost? How to check the boost speed? Because fan is..1000 euro new. And sh.….. Again…. How to check it?
Having the problem that jaguars are very rare.…. I really don't have experienced mechanics.… and even if they exist… most likely to ask for max parts exchance to get at least the labour fee.
That's why I turned to you guys….. The communityThe problem is not that I have to change a compressor or a fan, the problem is that I have to change every thing….. Just to be sure and peace of mind. And that's.…. A bit stupid…. Just throwing new parts in the car.
Ps: not to antagonize you guys…. But I had some very different ideas on this thread about thebejavior of a fan….. Like working from the start engine alwaysor not. I respect your experience and opinions, that's exactly why I am here…..