XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Rear seats not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 10:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear seats not working

Hello All! My rear seat adjustments are not working. The heating and ventilation work but none of the buttons for adjustment or massage work on either side of the rear seats. I checked the manual for a fuse and the rear seats are not listed on any of the fuses. Does anyone have experience with this issue or know where I should start? I'm hoping its a fuse or maybe a relay. I haven't dowloaded anything from Topix yet so that may be my next step. Thanks for any help.

Old 04-05-2018, 11:40 PM
Received 317 Likes on 243 Posts

What year is your XJ?

I've just looked up a 2016 model, odds are fuses may be same, still worth checking. Let me know the correct year and I'll have another look, but it wont be till Monday, its Friday for me today.

See attached photos, the fuses for the massage are the same for Left and Right sides. Fuses are in Rear Junction Box, RH side of boot/trunk behind trim.

Attached Thumbnails Rear seats not working-xjrearseatlh.png   Rear seats not working-xjrearseatrh.png  
Old 04-06-2018, 11:06 AM
Received 171 Likes on 141 Posts

In my older Super V8 the rear seat electrics stopped working, the garage did a reset and they started again. I cannot remember if it was just disconnecting the battery for a short while or whether is was a software update. Either way it solved it

Old 04-06-2018, 12:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 592 Likes on 362 Posts

To add another option - have you made sure the rear window disable button is not active as that will also disable all the rear controls? (Located on the bottom of the driver door window switch pack and illuminated with a red LED when active.) IIRC then the rear ventilation controls would also be locked, so it probably isn't that, but quick and easy to check.

Old 04-06-2018, 03:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Solved!! It was the window disable button. I've never pushed it before (and I didn't know it disabled the seats) but one of the installers must have pushed it when I had my windows tinted. It disables the windows and the seat adjustments and massage but not the heat or ventilation. Since the heat/ vent seat buttons are on the rear climate control panel they must be disabled when the rear climate control is disabled from the front. Thanks for the help xdave.
By the way its a 2012. Sorry, I thought it was in my signature.