XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Retrofitting Dab+ - TV Module And Surround Sound

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2020, 08:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Retrofitting Dab+ - TV Module And Surround Sound

Good Afternoon fellow jaguar owners.
My car is a 2010 Jaguar XJ 2011 Model Year Portfolio 3.0 D
I have started sourcing the parts that i need for retrofitting Tv Module Dab + and surround sound.
From the Vin my car has L3 Branded sound system, wich i believe is the first step over the nornal sound system (380 W ?)
Since it's raining from 6 days now without stopping i have't checked the speakers on all the doors. I know i need to add the two on the rear Shelf (already on the way - Meridian Surround Type) and the one in the center consolle. I think the wiring for connecting the rear ones should be there, don't know what i will find in the front.
What other speaker would i need to upgrade to have the same spec of an original surround System ?

I have noticed looking trough the grills that i appear to have BW tweeters in the front doors and BW dual cone speakers on the rear doors (but these havent got the yellow kevlar cone).
Also 1200 w Amp is on the way, as Dab+ module and fiber optics cable (with 4 plugs)
The TV Module i still have to buy.
Will i gain a separate video input in some way retrofitting the tv module ?

I have checked for the antenna's in the back, i have each module on the sides of the rear glass, with one plug only, i have bought paired new antenna amplifiers, one with 4 outputs (left one) and one with 3 outputs (right side). Would this be enough to install DAB and Tv module ?

I understood that after installing i will need to code the mods in the system, but the new amp will work the same once plugged (only whitout the new outputs and settings) or it won't ?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give on this project.

Old 12-18-2020, 11:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have sourced two different tv tuners, one is Pag TV Hibrid AW9314F641AC, The other comes from a Range Rover and it is TV CK52-14F641-AP.
What is the newest (band related) part to install ?

I have researched around but i cant find any difference between higher specs Amps (premium 16) between bowers and wilkins and meridian, is the amp still the same and the configuration is only via software ?

I know that a lot of people has already written around on this but i would really appreciate if someone like Cambo or xdave could step in..