XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Soon to be a new Jaguar XJL Autobiography owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 12:54 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LiquidIce
Very pretty indeed. All you need now is a dark tint on the windows and you will be set!
Does yours come with the chiller and champagne glasses?
Thanks LiquidICE. The car is already tinted from the factory. We are not allowed to tint the front section of the car in the UK.
It doesn't have the fridge and the glasses. That was offered in the previous models of the ULTIMATE.

Old 04-29-2016, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by XJsss
A gorgeous XJ, may you have many years of pleasure with it.
Thanks very much XJsss.

Old 04-29-2016, 09:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,285 Likes on 3,449 Posts

Originally Posted by Aminov Mars
Thanks Stuart. The tyres look like they are the kind that protect the rims. I will certainly upload a zoomed photo to show that.
The Continental DWS06 tires on my XJ have a similar protruding "rub strip" that does absolutely nothing to protect the rim if you inadvertetly hit a concrete curb, even lightly. Low profile tires make rims vulnerable to damage. Just be careful when parallel parking.

Also, because you have the long wheelbase, you'll need to be extra careful when turning at a corner so you don't curb the inside rear wheel, particularly on narrow streets. Don't start the turn too soon. You're in the UK with RHD, so be wary of making left turns.

How do I know this? I learned the hard way; I've done both.

The following users liked this post:
Aminov Mars (04-30-2016)
Old 04-30-2016, 02:35 PM

I am so in love with this car.
It is one of the most beautiful cars on the roads. It is a true head turner.

I have a confession to make. I am a Mercedes-Benz fan (always has) but not sure if I will still be. The XJ has more presence in the roads. The only thing that the mercedes is better at is the comfort ride, but guess what? I am very happy with the ride in the XJ. It just hits the right balance between comfortable and sporty ride. Big bumps are not an issue with this fantastic suspension. I know that the 20 inch wheels and the Continental contact sport 3 don't help. But it is much smoother than the Lexus GS450h (the new and the old shapes). The way this thing turn, and the beauty of the steering (especially with the wood) is something else. How they managed to do that is beyond me. If your concern is about the ride, DON'T!!.

The new infotainment system is very good. The map on the TFT cluster instrument screen is very nice. It is said to be not as detailed as the Audi's, but who cares. It is still good enough. These silly comparisons are useless, because you have to assess the car as a whole. All my friends and relatives were blown away with the luxury, features, and beauty/presence of this car, so much that I got the same response from then ' how can I get back to drive my CLS, Turan, or BMW 5 series'

Old 04-30-2016, 02:51 PM

The leather is of the highest quality. The seats are more comfortable than the more advanced 22-way Audi A8 seats. The cabin is very classy. I haven't driven in the motorway yet, but the car insulation seems to be excellent (better than my previous Mercedes S320 2007, Lexus LS460, and Lexus GS450h. I still don't use the paddle shifters, sport mode, or dynamic mode (as I need to keep the revs below 3000 rpm for the first 1000 mile).
The massage function does really work. It is not gimmicky. 5 settings front and 3 settings rear.
Air condition: You can set it to be quiet, medium, or high flow. I set it at quiet.
The sound system is nice. I didn't have the chance to test it properly (as I use poor sources), but it was very nice on bluetooth audio. But when switching between Meridian , Dolby, and DTS, I couldn't distinguish a significant difference (I was expecting the Meridian mode to be different and better from the 2 pages reviews talking much about the Meridian technology)

retriever-007 (04-30-2016)
Old 04-30-2016, 05:25 PM
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

A fantastic looking automobile. Boy, this is almost a "high mileage" automobile with 25 miles already on it (laugh).
Really like the color, those seats and entertainment system. ENJOY--and take the long way home for the next several weeks when you are out and about.

Aminov Mars (04-30-2016)
Old 05-01-2016, 11:49 AM

Thanks retriever-007

Any question from anyone? That will help in guiding specific topics for my impression about the car.

Old 05-03-2016, 11:51 AM
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Congrats! Awesome Car...love those seats!

Aminov Mars (05-03-2016)