XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Spark Plugs

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2024, 09:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What Spark Plugs you running in your tuned SC 5.0 ?

What is everyone using for spark plugs on your remapped cars stage 1-3 just the NGK cold plugs ? im still looking for options on radiators upgrades if anyone has suggestions. thanks. now just waiting for parts and supercharger to get back from porting.

joe

Old 08-02-2024, 01:47 AM

I'm sorry I'm no help, but if I may ask, what exactly was it that made you want more performance from a supercharged XJ? Could you not find an F-16 with leather interior?

Old 08-02-2024, 09:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,385 Likes on 1,881 Posts

Great question and one really for your tuner?

Here is what I have been told?
I am running the lower pulley and tune with stock plugs. Talking to VAP as you go up the ladder of modifications you will need to go to copper core plugs with a smaller gap compared to the Iridium ones that are stock. Different heat range too. But there is no firm line in the sand on when this happens and cars differ too. This is where data logging become critical! When the data logs show problems focus on that.

Off topic but I just installed a voltage booster for the in-tank pump based on the tuners interpretation of my data logs. This was a new modification to me!
This is very common on US muscle cars but again we don't have people with Jaguars making the kind of power a Mustang or Hellcat can. This is easy to see as we have had maybe one or two guys break axles. When you start doing that your REALLY putting some power down and hooking hard!

VMP Voltage Booster

Also with Copper core plugs they will wear MUCH faster than the Iridium ones and plan on 30K spark plug change intervals. I really like how long the stock Iridium's last too!

Since I have changed plugs once and know how difficult this is I am hesitant to go above what I currently have? It's my daily driver and it's great right now. Again heat range should be what your tuner recommends.

I think you talking about a bigger IC and not the engine radiator? There is a ongoing thread about adding the drivers side AUX radiator for additional engine cooling. As you know all modern Jaguars have this AUX radiator setup installed on the passenger side of the car. BUT we found certain models in hot area's and maybe the Diesels also have an additional AUX radiator on the driver side. It's in the parts books and I am still trying to run down part numbers and parts. So far I did get the two special cooling hoses to plumb both AUX's in. I have been following a couple of XF guys who have or are doing this. The XJ uses the same radiators and hoses (I think!) BUT again we do know the ducts are different between the XF and XJ.

We several options for bigger and better IC now. I run this one with the Bosch 010 pump.
Here is my upgrade thread.
X351 IC Upgrade

I do see Paramount has dropped the price BIG time! From 995 GBP to 495 GBP.
Once again DO NOT order this from here as I did and over paid! $1400! It's the exact same item and comes with a sticker on it from Paramount!
Jaguar IC

We also have some guys custom making things and you can decide how wild you want to go?

Old 08-02-2024, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Sandcat
I'm sorry I'm no help, but if I may ask, what exactly was it that made you want more performance from a supercharged XJ? Could you not find an F-16 with leather interior?
I believe it was the junk hanging between my legs and the testosterone. And the same thing that makes you want more money. enough is never enough,

The following users liked this post:
Sandcat (Today)
Old 08-02-2024, 10:25 AM

ok i think im going to stick with the iridium ones actually. thats what VAP had reccommended initially years ago. Funny enough paramount sent me a quote for several items off their site. Was it a pain to put in that intercooler and pump ? I am assuming you used that pump as well. I think I will go ahead and pull the trigger on that. thanks !

Old 08-02-2024, 10:26 AM

sorry it double posted it and i cant see how to delete it.

Old Today, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Jlohojo7
I believe it was the junk hanging between my legs and the testosterone. And the same thing that makes you want more money. enough is never enough,
May I suggest a 1000cc sport bike? My XJ will never thrill me like my bike does!