XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Still having issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 12:00 PM
Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Still having issues

I don't think I've updated this board in two or three weeks, but here's where I am at with all of my continued issues.

After time number 7 bringing it to Jaguar, I get my car back, drive it one evening and naturally, all the problems started to persist again. I thought to myself, "Don't jump the gun, give it another day". So the following day, the screens (both of them) went out... TWICE. I emailed my service rep and told him that the car was not fixed. I got a call two days later from the service manager and my rep, while I was on speakerphone, saying, "okay, what do you want from us". I told them that Jaguar needed to replace my vehicle as I had given them 4 more chances then required by law. He said, 'okay, so what color/combo do you want, you want the short wheelbase now yes'? To which I said, "no, I want the XJ L". He asked if I wanted it in a different color or wanted to upgrade, I said, "no, I want nothing more than what I paid for, a fully functioning white XJ L with black interior with the same configuration that I had". I felt like they were trying to bait me into saying, "yeah, I want a black short wheelbase" which would indicate maybe I was doing this to get a new car because I had buyers remorse...

...but that's besides the point.

It's been TWO WEEKS and I have heard nothing from the service manager. I had to call them today, to which I got the service rep telling me, "he'll call you later for sure, that he's been on the phone with them all day working on it, trying to figure the #'s".

I'm curious, what #'s need figuring?

I've had a car for maybe 3 weeks out of 9 that isn't working right and is a safety hazard waiting to happen. The parking sensors and rear camera still don't work half the time and I almost hit someone backing out of a parking spot because I couldnt' see NOR did the parking sensors go off.

I was told I'd get a call today from the manager. At this point... I almost want my money back and want to be done with Jaguar forever.

I'm not one to rant, but the way I've been handled has been subpar (after the sale anyways)... and that my business doesn't matter.

I love my car... LOVE IT. I get 10 people a day asking me what it is. But that's not worth the dangers posed from not being able to see behind me. The second I hit someone and can prove it was a vehicle defect, I wonder how long before that person sues Jaguar... and wins.

I've documented my issues to the Nth degree... by way of videos (over 50 at this point), but service visits and by this forum.

And besides that. I was promised my car payment would be made since I didn't have possession of the car - ask me if I paid it or did Jaguar, I'll give you a clue, it's a trick question.

:-/

Old 02-08-2011, 12:25 PM
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Well, again... I would have pulled the big guns a long time ago. This is a case where a good lawyer would salivate to get into.

How about posting the videos on you tube? That FOR SURE would catch Jaguar's attention - a lot of potential buyers would see the difference between marketing hype and reality. Just post a title like "2011 Jaguar XJ Review" and you will get lots of viewers. Perhaps the Jaguar CEOs too.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

You should email the VP of communications email address that I posted. He has actually responded to me.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:04 AM

Well I'm meeting with the service manager and the general manager tomorrow afternoon to 'figure this out' and 'crunch the #'s' as they put it. When I hear things like that, I don't feel warm and fuzzy. From the way he was talking, it seems as if they're interested in either buying my car back for 'what it's worth' or trading it in for a new car, but not tit for tat.

Turns out, I bought the service loaner, not the demo, which means that because a service loaner was titled to the dealership, I am NOT entitled to any of the lemon law protections. Had it been the demo vehicle, I would be. Regardless of the fact that they are both owned by the dealership, because of the way the unit was titled, determines what kind of protections I'm afforded.

Regardless. I appreciate the PM's I've gotten and the offer of help from two Jaguar employees who have been following my issues. I just hope it doesn't come to me being required to send this up the ladder. What's a shame is that I'm getting more offers of help from dealership employees out of state, that I didn't buy from, than I am my own dealership.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:18 AM
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

You need to be more aggressive. I have the feeling these people are just jerking you around. Didn't you mention you have 50 videos already? I'd have a you tube channel with ALL of them posted. That for sure would make those idiots "crunch some numbers". Trust me, they will want you to shell out a pretty penny to get into a new Jag. If you don't feel comfortable negotiating with these people, get someone that does. What you have been going through is plain and simple unacceptable and I know for sure that your dealer knows this. Do us all a favor and post the Dealer name here so other potential buyers will NEVER go there to do any business.

Old 02-12-2011, 01:07 PM

Like I said before... the dealership is fine. They have all been very nice and empathetic through the ordeal... they just haven't been able to fix the car.

I was asked to come in on Thursday, which I did, to speak to the GM. He asked me what would make me happy, I said swapping my car for another one without it costing me a dime. He basically said that he had tried to get Jaguar to do it, but the engineer they sent to look at my car certified it as working just fine. I have video of the vehicle acting up AFTER I got it back the last time, so I can refute that claim no problem. The screen actually JUST went out 10 minutes ago while pulling into our store. I didn't have my camera handy, or I would have gotten it on video again.

Anyways.

He said that Jaguar thinks that the problems that I feel it's having will happen with another vehicle and that they don't want to swap me into one because they think I'll have issues with the same things. I suggested that he give me a car off the lot... similarly equipped and let me drive it for a few days... I'll 'sign off' on it and he can go to Jaguar and say, "this car works fine" and then he'll worry about Jaguar and getting made whole in that regards.

I feel ten times better after talking to him for certain... but we'll see how it plays out.

I said it before, I haven't been tainted by this and still love my car - if he does what he said he would... to me, that was the most he could have done and will put a big smile on my face and probably have me coming back for another vehicle.

On a side note. I did email Stuart Schorr, the VP of communications and he had someone call me directly. I didn't get the call and haven't had a chance to call them back, but will Monday and let everyone know the outcome. Says a lot that they are actually listening to customers!

Old 02-12-2011, 04:50 PM
Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Glad to hear that New2Jag. Can't wait to hear about your conversation Monday with Jaguar US.