XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Is there a Tech Manual available in PDF?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 07:18 AM
Received 195 Likes on 144 Posts
Default Is there a Tech Manual available in PDF?

Hello, Forum.
I'm new to Jaguar custodianship and to this Forum.
We recently purchased a 2012 XJ with the NA 5 liter V8.
Being a used vehicle, I need to do a bit of freshening and maintenance to ensure many years of service.

To keep it up, I'll need to find a technical manual that I can reference,

Do any of you know of where I can find a PDF document available?
I have found the TOPix website already, but it doesn't appear to be too practical for an owners maintenance needs.

The following users liked this post:
retriever-007 (02-15-2015)
Old 02-15-2015, 10:19 AM
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by 12jagmark
Hello, Forum.
I'm new to Jaguar custodianship and to this Forum.
We recently purchased a 2012 XJ with the NA 5 liter V8.
Being a used vehicle, I need to do a bit of freshening and maintenance to ensure many years of service.

To keep it up, I'll need to find a technical manual that I can reference,

Do any of you know of where I can find a PDF document available?
I have found the TOPix website already, but it doesn't appear to be too practical for an owners maintenance needs.
I have the same year and engine in XJL. How many miles do you have on yours?
And, looking forward to seeing the posted PDF document. Also, are you exploring an extended warranty?

Old 02-15-2015, 11:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,985 Likes on 2,124 Posts

You can purchase a one hour or one-day subscription on Topix for your single model for around 10 bucks and download the service manual.

12jagmark (02-15-2015)
Old 02-15-2015, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by WhiteXKR
You can purchase a one hour or one-day subscription on Topix for your single model for around 10 bucks and download the service manual.
Yes, I have found the TOPix website and subscription service.

Maybe I don't understand it.
if I subscribe, does it allow me to download any and all manuals for the model(s) that I subscribe to during that time period?

If so, what would they offer time-constrained subscription for? Once I download the manual, I wouldn't need access for a week, or month, or year. I would have it stored as PDF on my computer, and I could access bullitens and recalls as needed.

Are you sure that a subscription would give me access to a downloadable PDF of the tecnical manuals?

If so, I'll buy a 1 week subscription and download, and should be good will be good, with occasional updates if needed.

Please let me know.
Thanks!

Old 02-15-2015, 12:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,985 Likes on 2,124 Posts

Originally Posted by 12jagmark
Yes, I have found the TOPix website and subscription service.

Maybe I don't understand it.
if I subscribe, does it allow me to download any and all manuals for the model(s) that I subscribe to during that time period?

If so, what would they offer time-constrained subscription for? Once I download the manual, I wouldn't need access for a week, or month, or year. I would have it stored as PDF on my computer, and I could access bullitens and recalls as needed.

Are you sure that a subscription would give me access to a downloadable PDF of the tecnical manuals?

If so, I'll buy a 1 week subscription and download, and should be good will be good, with occasional updates if needed.

Please let me know.
Thanks!
Yes, I have downloaded PDFs of information from the site myself.

The subscription service is oriented toward shops, which need to have the latest information. You can download whatever you subscribe to now, but it will obviously only be current to the present date.

12jagmark (02-15-2015)
Old 02-15-2015, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by retriever-007
I have the same year and engine in XJL. How many miles do you have on yours?
And, looking forward to seeing the posted PDF document. Also, are you exploring an extended warranty?
My wifes is an XJ, not an XJL, but does have the Portfolio accesory package.

It is high mileage, but was taken very good care of, at least body and interior, with decent service history on mechanical.

It had just under 100k miles on it, which as a single owner vehicle was used as a professional vehicle that must have averaged ~ 1000 miles each week.
That's why I plan a good bit of refresh with it, transmission fluid/filter, belts, plugs, induction cleaning, all other filters & fluids (brake/steering/coolant) to start it on a new maintenance schedule.

We hope to get many more miles and years with no major catastrophic failures if possible.

I won't be looking for any extended warranties, as I don't have much regard for aftermarket warranties.

Old 02-15-2015, 12:05 PM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts

with a subscription, you may download any content from the site. However, they don't make it easy for you. Rather than a single pdf with all the content, each topic/section is a separate PDF.

12jagmark (02-15-2015)
Old 02-15-2015, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteXKR
Yes, I have downloaded PDFs of information from the site myself.

The subscription service is oriented toward shops, which need to have the latest information. You can download whatever you subscribe to now, but it will obviously only be current to the present date.

Thank you so much, that is all I can expect with a download, but that should be fine.
I was under the impression that TOPix doesn't allow or at least discourages saveable downloads, since I haven't seen any pirated versions on the Internet such as are available for other older vehicles.

Not that I support copyright infringement, but that I would like support material for anyones marketed product to be available at a reasonable price, if not provided with the vehicle purchase or at least cheap or free.

I'll subscribe to TOPix for a week then, and download anything applicable to maintaining the Jag product I now have to maintain.

Old 02-15-2015, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by another_geek
with a subscription, you may download any content from the site. However, they don't make it easy for you. Rather than a single pdf with all the content, each topic/section is a separate PDF.
Of course, that has its pros and cons then.

I imagine it take a good bit of memory too.
Thanks.