XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Update to 10.25" Front Screen-All XJ's?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2020, 11:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gloriashield
And...

I am trying to fix it little by little.

1. Fixed the navigation guide sound to be output through the car speaker. I analyzed their source code. Avoid the APP ID below.

2. I changed the apps for Navigation, CarPlay, and Google Music. When I touch CarPlay, Autokit starts. Touching Youtube Music starts PowerAMP. It's a very simple trick. For example, touching Easyconn runs com.easyconn. I made a com.easyconn app. It's a fake to run the app I want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYInF4dHFGw

3. This is what I'm making now... I'm making it work when the panel button is pressed. The image below is an example. When I press that button, the Bluetooth button works "together". Mapping Key Mapping.

I told them I would help develop the program, but... they were rejected. There seems to be a lot of useful data in CAN data, but it is unfortunate.

Regards,
KIM

Hi Gloria,

Can you give me a bit more info on how you reprogrammed the buttons? What file you edited. I'm mostly looking to swap out the "carplay" button to launch another carplay app.

Thank you,
Jay

Old 04-25-2021, 10:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Extra unit if anyone wants it (For what i paid for it of course)

Hello!
I recently completed the Android 10.25 unit install in my XJL. Everything is working great. I ended up with 2 units as one was taking forever to get to me, so I purchased another one. Finally, the first one ordered came, AFTER I had already installed the second unit. If interested, please reach out to me. I only would charge what I paid (700) plus shipping. If you're in the DC area you can swing by and pick it up. I can also guide you on the install. Pretty simple.

Jay

Old 04-25-2021, 10:59 PM
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

@NJJay

Sorry, my reply very late. I don't know why forum-system did not send any e-mail to me.

First, I tried to test many apps in play store. I would not recommend using swapping-apps like Android Macro. Because, they are not working sometimes. This is the source code that executes another APP that I want when executing a specific APP.

package com.autonavi.amapauto;import android.content.Intent;
import android.os.Bundle;
import androidx.appcompat.app.AppCompatActivity;

public class MainActivity extends AppCompatActivity {

@Override
protected void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {
super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
Intent launchIntent = getPackageManager().getLaunchIntentForPackage("com .mnsoft.mappyobn");
if (launchIntent != null) {
startActivity(launchIntent);
} else {
// no apps. stop.
}
android.os.Process.killProcess(android.os.Process. myPid());
System.exit(1);
}
}

Second, hardware button function replace is very simple, too. The climate cover was disassembled. Just install a new button on top of the hardware button. I connected the wiring of the buttons to the Arduino. Arduino support a fast booting speed with BT 5.0. This Arduino connects to Android HU as a "hardware keyboard". When a specific keyboard input came in, I ran the app I wanted. For example, when "" is entered, run CarPlay, and "~" performs navigation apps.

Regards,
KIM

Last edited by gloriashield; 04-25-2021 at 11:25 PM.
Old 05-29-2021, 08:30 AM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Does this keep DAB (hd radio) or is the radio chip in the unit only used while inside the android interface?

Old 05-29-2021, 03:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had some experience with android head units before and they all use aux connection with horrible quality. How's the audio quality with this head unit?

Old 05-30-2021, 08:14 AM
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

@Mycroft

Audio quality is not good because DSP is not built-in. Not very bad.

@Tstealth32

The original interface can be used as it is. It's overlay.

The following users liked this post:
Jay Govan (05-30-2021)
Old 06-03-2021, 01:35 PM

Looks like they have upped the specs since 2018. Think I'll be pulling the trigger on this.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/100500...0Q90.jpg_.webp

System:Android 10.0
* CPU:8core Helio P60,4xCortex-A73up to 2.0GHz + 4xCortex-A53up to 2.0GHz 2.6GB DDR
* Production Process:12nm
* 8G RAM 64G ROM
* Screen:IPS anti-blue ray without glare
* Resolution:HD1920*720
* Video Format:MP4,WMV,RMVB,FLV,MKV,MOV,TS,1080P etc...
* Audio:Sound effect DSP surrond Sound

Old 06-03-2021, 02:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Head unit

I have an extra unit. I purchased 2. Anyone locally that wants it, can get it for way cheaper than 775. Lol. I will give it to the first person for 500.00. I paid 750 for it. I had it on eBay but not a lot of people understand what's required to install this radio.

Old 06-03-2021, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jay Govan
I have an extra unit. I purchased 2. Anyone locally that wants it, can get it for way cheaper than 775. Lol. I will give it to the first person for 500.00. I paid 750 for it. I had it on eBay but not a lot of people understand what's required to install this radio.

Pm sent!

Old 06-04-2021, 04:35 AM
Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Tstealth32
Looks like they have upped the specs since 2018. Think I'll be pulling the trigger on this.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/100500...0Q90.jpg_.webp

System:Android 10.0
* CPU:8core Helio P60,4xCortex-A73up to 2.0GHz + 4xCortex-A53up to 2.0GHz 2.6GB DDR
* Production Process:12nm
* 8G RAM 64G ROM
* Screen:IPS anti-blue ray without glare
* Resolution:HD1920*720
* Video Format:MP4,WMV,RMVB,FLV,MKV,MOV,TS,1080P etc...
* Audio:Sound effect DSP surrond Sound
Yes, that is an improvement over my 4GB model. However, when looking on Aliexpress, I found this Tesla style unit: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...archweb201603_

It takes care of a few of the issues with the style I have, and the one you are looking at buying. The issues are that, with that model, you have a choice of the Android Screen, or the OEM screen. You need to be in the OEM screen to see any changes you make to climate control, or to the volume. If you are in the Android screen, you can make changes, but you can't see them. This Tesla style model lets you do everything from the Android Screen. The only question I would have, is if the Tesla style maintains the option of going to the OEM screen, so that I can access the valet function, the Ipod, and the OEM USB port?

Old 06-04-2021, 04:49 AM

I saw that One too, I also don't think it has front heated windshield.

Old 06-04-2021, 07:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,427 Likes on 1,907 Posts

Nice upgrade but my old unit is fast enough and has enough features. What's lacking is a fast boot mode or maybe a suspend mode and a screen with better visibility in sunlight.
Also the key mapping is slightly off and you need to touch a bit below the button on the screen for it to work.

I wonder if the new model fixes any of this?
I see a boot time of 15S or less which is not far off of what I have now.

Old 06-05-2021, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by Tstealth32
I saw that One too, I also don't think it has front heated windshield.
The vendor replied to me, and they said it is the same procedure in regards to removing two circuit cards from the OEM unit and inserting them into their head unit. She "claims" that it will retain all my OEM functions. I would feel a little bit better, if they had displayed a screen shot of the OEM screen. Often the vendors don't really know **** about the head units they are selling, because they are just vendors and didn't actually make the units. I don't even know if I have heated windshield function. That is a function I don't really care about though, and would be willing to lose that function. Because of where I live, I have never, and probably never will need to use it. I already spent the $1000 on it, so if it shows up and I lose functions I don't want to lose, then you will probably see me offering it for sale at a discount on this forum. LOL.

Last edited by sgtm7; 06-05-2021 at 05:20 AM.
Old 06-11-2021, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by gloriashield
Unit receives two power inputs that one is to be input from IMC and one is to be connected to ACC. I connected ACC to the entertainment. Now booting starts when I open the car door. So I like it because the waiting time is shorter.
Trying to figure this out now. I see the blue wires allow 12v, but it never turns off the head unit. Which wires did you connect together so it eventually shuts down?

Old 06-17-2021, 09:08 AM

Update. I have received the Tesla style head unit. The vendor didn't know what the hell she was talking about. It doesn't require installing the two circuit boards from the OEM head unit. Instead it has a MOST box. I haven't had a chance to install it yet, but I don't see how I am going to maintain my valet function without having the circuit boards that allow me to access the OEM screen(like the previous units I have installed did). Probably won't get around to installing it until Monday. Will update when I finish the install.

Last edited by sgtm7; 06-17-2021 at 09:16 AM.
The following users liked this post:
demiroquai (06-17-2021)
Old 06-17-2021, 10:13 AM
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sgtm7
Update. I have received the Tesla style head unit. The vendor didn't know what the hell she was talking about. It doesn't require installing the two circuit boards from the OEM head unit. Instead it has a MOST box. I haven't had a chance to install it yet, but I don't see how I am going to maintain my valet function without having the circuit boards that allow me to access the OEM screen(like the previous units I have installed did). Probably won't get around to installing it until Monday. Will update when I finish the install.
I’m curious to see how it comes out for you. I sent a message on WhatsApp to Andy to see if they sell the same unit. He was really knowledgeable on jaguars and when I had issues he was able to remediate them pretty quickly.

I just can’t tell if this is actually in the car or if it’s photo shopped in. Because it sticks out.

Link here

Old 06-18-2021, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by demiroquai
I’m curious to see how it comes out for you. I sent a message on WhatsApp to Andy to see if they sell the same unit. He was really knowledgeable on jaguars and when I had issues he was able to remediate them pretty quickly.

I just can’t tell if this is actually in the car or if it’s photo shopped in. Because it sticks out.

Link here
Your link shows no picture of the OEM screen either. Not only is that screen needed to access the valet function, I am thinking it will also be needed to access the IPOD interface in the center console. Unfortunately, it will be a few days before I am able to find out. I had to replace a rear shock to pass my vehicle inspection. I am also having them find a slow leak, that has no symptoms other than decreased coolant level. I also just received a KVM module, that I will need to add more keys to my car(it only came with one). So I have to finish my higher priority things first.

Old 06-21-2021, 02:18 AM
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sgtm7
Your link shows no picture of the OEM screen either. Not only is that screen needed to access the valet function, I am thinking it will also be needed to access the IPOD interface in the center console. Unfortunately, it will be a few days before I am able to find out. I had to replace a rear shock to pass my vehicle inspection. I am also having them find a slow leak, that has no symptoms other than decreased coolant level. I also just received a KVM module, that I will need to add more keys to my car(it only came with one). So I have to finish my higher priority things first.
So, I bit the bullet. AliExpress is having a crazy sale and with tax the total came out to just under $850 for the 128gb model. It should be here 1st week of July.

Why did I do this one may ask? Well, I spoke to Andy on WhatsApp (some of you know him) and he said the best he could do was $998. I did go over all of the features and he said it's all there including Valet mode. My major issue was the amp not working if I used aux mode and losing that rich bass. He said this won't be an issue. We'll see.

I'm excited to get this in my car and hope to be done with the OEM screen once and for all.
*Fingers crossed*

Old 06-21-2021, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by demiroquai
So, I bit the bullet. AliExpress is having a crazy sale and with tax the total came out to just under $850 for the 128gb model. It should be here 1st week of July.

Why did I do this one may ask? Well, I spoke to Andy on WhatsApp (some of you know him) and he said the best he could do was $998. I did go over all of the features and he said it's all there including Valet mode. My major issue was the amp not working if I used aux mode and losing that rich bass. He said this won't be an issue. We'll see.

I'm excited to get this in my car and hope to be done with the OEM screen once and for all.
*Fingers crossed*
I am jealous! Before shipping cost, mine was $970. Andy said that all the features including Valet mode will be there? That is great! I am excited to install mine so I can verify this. Did Andy mention if the Ipod port will work? Years ago, the android head units included Ipod interface, but pretty much all of them have stopped doing that.

Old 06-21-2021, 12:12 PM
Received 141 Likes on 82 Posts

I'm excited for y'all to install your stuff too. My factory touch screen seems to ignore some of my presses half the time anyway. And it's SO DAMN slow! Fingers crossed for how well this works.

Quick Reply: Update to 10.25" Front Screen-All XJ's?