XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Valet turning on/off. Keys getting locked in car. Etc...

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 11:28 AM
Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Valet turning on/off. Keys getting locked in car. Etc...

Has anyone had problems with their valet function? I ALWAYS lock my car when I park it/valet it and on three separate occasions, the valet was either turned off, or half way on; Meaning that the valet screen lock on the infotainment was on, but the radio worked fine and on one of those occasions, the glove compartment unlocked itself.

And yesterday. I had my key in my bag as I always do coming from the pool, I put it in the trunk, then tried to get in the car... it locked me out. Every set of my keys/garage door openers and my wifes keys, were in the car. I had to get a cab, drive home and have a locksmith drill the door.

The trunk is NOT supposed to let the car lock itself... at the very least, you should be able to open the trunk (like I always do), or typically, start the vehicle. As usual, I got it all on video. I even did a test yesterday afternoon to see if I could reproduce it... I put one key in a toaster oven (sealed and new) and the other key was 40+ feet away... everything worked just fine.

Curious if anyone else has bad luck, or if it's still just me being stuck with this vehicle.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I haven't had any issues with the valet mode at all, works perfect, also the key transmitters work just fine.

New2Jag I hope they get your car fixed or traded soon. At this point you don't need a mechanic to fix your car you need a priest.

Old 06-02-2011, 02:25 PM

What sucks is that anything I do 'officially' by way of an attorney, costs me out of pocket up front. So I have to pay to get a company to replace a defective product. Ignore the fact it's an automobile, any other 'retail outlet' would have replaced my item a long time ago. I keep a camera on me at all times now and it's helped as I've gotten 3 videos documenting things since Saturday. My newest gremlin is the right handed 4-way pad not functioning at all as well as the vehicle not recognizing that there is a second person in the car (by way of the airbag being off AND the graphic on the right hand display showing a green or red person when it shows who has their belt on).

I'm giving them until tomorrow. Then come middle of next week, they'll get a demand letter from my attorney. After that, I'm filing a complaint with the BBB, after that, they are officially being served. I'm really happy about having to do all this - really. :-/

Old 06-03-2011, 10:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,382 Likes on 1,492 Posts

Originally Posted by New2Jag
What sucks is that anything I do 'officially' by way of an attorney, costs me out of pocket up front.
I know an attorney here in Florida who won't charge you anything. He handled a similar case for me with Jaguar with great success.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:18 AM

Looks like I'm making headway. Spoke to someone higher up than who I was talking to initially that seems to be honestly trying to take care of this. Jaguar NA keep trying to offer me color combinations I am NOT interested in. It's black/black or white/black... period. I keep getting blue/tan or burgandy/gray.