XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Very disappointed at no software upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 09:02 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Unhappy Very disappointed at no software upgrades

Took my car in for its 12k service. Hope the roof popping is fixed but that's a wait and hear.

Asked the dealer to fix the tethered performance of the iPod feature of my iPhone. Started months ago that when its tethered to the iPod USB port there is no sound. Or rather momentary sound then it pauses and won't restart. Sounds like a bad plug to me and not software at all.

Now this service manager is fairly officious at his best but was told 'he'd give me a number to call at Jaguar' and walked away. The service tech was sitting there and offered up they should make a report to Jaguar and the service manger shot him down.

You cannot tell me with the slightest effort Jaguar couldn't get there technology compatible with an iPhone 4. This is definitely the way to lose younger customers forever!

Old 10-19-2012, 12:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 422 Posts

My suggestion is not to give up. Who knows, maybe the service manager just had a bad day... Like I pointed out in a previous conversation with you I always got superb service from this Jaguar dealership and particular rep but, the last service was extremely poor. So, I'll have an eye-to-eye talk with the service rep and discuss the issue with him, and ask if the fact that I purchased my XJL from a different dealership this time would make it impossible for us to continue?

Do talk to the manager and do point out that you were unhappy with his response to your issue. No manager likes to loose customers so, I'd be surprised if he would continue with his dismissive tactics.

As to the phone compatibility issue; my '08XK would not display the calling list for many newer (post 2008) Android phones, such as my HTC Thunderbolt. Yes, I would think that it should be an easy software update but, Jaguar never delivered it. It was one of those minor issues for me that I could easily work around, definitely not enough to make me consider leaving Jaguar.

Albert

Last edited by axr6; 10-19-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:21 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Actually have an open case now with Jaguar. They were quite helpful. Am trying to set an appointment in Tulsa. Did not get a call back Friday but figure with the corporation behind me this will be resolved. Their higher tier tech suggested the module or cable is probably bad. Very frustrating that I was treated like a school girl when I presented a real issue but perhaps a lesson will be learned.

And if what you suggest is correct and they are not servicing because it was not bought there - trust me Jaguar will know and something will be done. I already had a long talk with the corporate service agent and the last thing they want is one of their down line representatives to screw up the reputation they've worked so hard to rebuild.