XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Water Pump

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2020, 04:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,488 Likes on 1,950 Posts

Yea I am still looking for that mythical LH AUX radiator!
Saw it in the manual a while ago and have been looking on EBay but it must have been pretty rare because nothing has ever showed up.
Read a rumor it was only available on middle east cars.

With all the cooling issues these cars have an additional radiator might be worthwhile?

Old 08-29-2020, 09:44 AM
Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts

Hey Mike,
If you've gone to the trouble of removing the under tray, why not replace the crankcase plug with one of these
You could then use a hole saw to cut an access point in the tray, maybe even a hole plug to cover the opening.
You would then be able to perform a proper oil change on the vehicle and be the envy of the rest of us

Old 08-30-2020, 10:58 AM
Received 170 Likes on 134 Posts

Baltobernie;

Great minds must think alike. I was toying with the idea of adding an access door to the under tray once I saw that the engine has an actual drain plug on the oil pan. I also like the Fumoto Drain Valve. I will do a post once I do the installation. May be a month or so before I post it.

Old 10-07-2020, 09:39 PM
Received 83 Likes on 65 Posts
Question Oil Pan Drain Plug / valve?

Originally Posted by Baltobernie
Hey Mike,
If you've gone to the trouble of removing the under tray, why not replace the crankcase plug with one of these
You could then use a hole saw to cut an access point in the tray, maybe even a hole plug to cover the opening.
You would then be able to perform a proper oil change on the vehicle and be the envy of the rest of us
So what do you do to remove the oil filter? The air deflector tray still needs to be dropped unless it is cut to access the oil filter too, is that the idea?

Cut a hole for a oil sump valve and also a hole for the oil filter?

I think that negates checking other things performed with the air deflector tray dropped like Accessory belt wear marks on the tensioner pulley, and detecting other leaks or inspections.

Old 10-08-2020, 07:52 AM
Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts

There are many good reasons to take an occasional look at the underside of an engine, but the X351 oil filter is an element housed in a vessel on the top front of the motor, under the snap-off engine cover.

Old 10-08-2020, 10:48 AM
Received 83 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Oil Sump Plug / valve

Originally Posted by Baltobernie
There are many good reasons to take an occasional look at the underside of an engine, but the X351 oil filter is an element housed in a vessel on the top front of the motor, under the snap-off engine cover.
Ahh, Jaguar of a different color (colour)

But definitely a good thought for the valve which I have seen before but never gave it serious consideration until I went to do an oil change with the full air deflector in place.
On my XJ the air deflector needs some fixup at a few attachment points anyway from bumps/scrapes and DPO/DPM, so it will be a good time to have a look at those time saving options.