XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

What did you do to your X351 today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2021, 10:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,350 Likes on 1,850 Posts

If your interested here is a set. I have no connection to the seller and they all appear to be the same item made in china. There are dozens of similar listings this one was one of the cheaper ones. Usually $60-$45.
Strobe Turn Signals

Old 04-04-2021, 08:28 PM
Received 84 Likes on 72 Posts

SNG Barratt also offers these in a smoked version. I decided to go for it. Same OEM most likely but they stock them so you have them much faster.

Last edited by dmchao; 04-05-2021 at 10:48 AM.
Old 04-05-2021, 10:21 AM
Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Many thanks guys I bought them from eBay

Old 04-07-2021, 09:16 PM

Just received mine today. Install was a breeze. They look mint!
I ended up driving across town in circles to signal xD

Old 04-07-2021, 10:21 PM
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Just a warning...

Originally Posted by Tomwhite
Hi demiroquai, please let me know how did you do the indicators and where can you buy this kit, it looks pretty nice.
Thank You
Originally Posted by clubairth1
They are all over EBay. All Jags use the same mirror indicator too.
If your interested here is a set. I have no connection to the seller and they all appear to be the same item made in china. There are dozens of similar listings this one was one of the cheaper ones. Usually $60-$45.
Strobe Turn Signals
Originally Posted by dmchao
SNG Barratt also offers these in a smoked version. I decided to go for it. Same OEM most likely but they stock them so you have them much faster.
Originally Posted by Tomwhite
Many thanks guys I bought them from eBay
Originally Posted by dmchao
Just received mine today. Install was a breeze. They look mint!
I ended up driving across town in circles to signal xD
The looked great at first. I’ve only had mine a week and I’m already a little bummed. On the driver side one of the LED sets went out. See attachment. Because I bought them on Amazon from SNG Barrett, this will be a very quick exchange. They are sending the new ones out tomorrow and I hope I have better luck.

Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_0762.MOV (3.44 MB, 38 views)
Old 04-08-2021, 07:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 498 Likes on 297 Posts

Originally Posted by demiroquai
The looked great at first. I’ve only had mine a week and I’m already a little bummed. On the driver side one of the LED sets went out. See attachment. Because I bought them on Amazon from SNG Barrett, this will be a very quick exchange. They are sending the new ones out tomorrow and I hope I have better luck.
That's not good news! I ordered a pair from one of the E-Bay vendors, as I like to support forum vendors as much as possible, but I couldn't seem to find them on the SNG Barrett site. I also doubt that there multiple suppliers making these parts, as they're probably not a "high demand" item. Are these units difficult to install? Do you have to remove the mirror assembly from the car, or are you able to disassemble the mirror with most of it still attached to the car's door?

Old 04-08-2021, 08:24 AM
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
That's not good news! I ordered a pair from one of the E-Bay vendors, as I like to support forum vendors as much as possible, but I couldn't seem to find them on the SNG Barrett site. I also doubt that there multiple suppliers making these parts, as they're probably not a "high demand" item. Are these units difficult to install? Do you have to remove the mirror assembly from the car, or are you able to disassemble the mirror with most of it still attached to the car's door?
Yeah, I’m thinking the same thing in regards to know a high demand for this and it’s probably all coming out of the same place.

Installation was super easy. Mine came with a pry tool to take the mirror cover off. Then I use the included hex tool to unscrew the two screws holding the light in. I did have to wiggle the light loose because it’s also clipped in. Then it’s just a simple swap.

I’m really hoping that I just had a defective one and that this is not the norm.

Old 04-08-2021, 08:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 516 Likes on 414 Posts

I ordered mine from SNG Barr here: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/v...-stock-243747/ . Installation was easy and I really like the smoked finish as it blends so well with my gray color.

Old 04-08-2021, 05:09 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by XJsss
I ordered mine from SNG Barr here: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/v...-stock-243747/ . Installation was easy and I really like the smoked finish as it blends so well with my gray color.
Thanks for posting the link....the installation instructions will be helpful, as soon as I receive my lights. Shipping is approximated at 4-5 weeks.

Old 04-08-2021, 07:38 PM

If you have Prime, you can buy from SNG's webstore to save on distribution time:
Amazon Amazon
I'm not sure why they do this, maybe they hold inventory offsite to appeal to a broader range and also keep inventory in their local site. Weird discrepancy in delivery timeframe.

Old 04-09-2021, 06:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 527 Likes on 371 Posts

I just installed the remote bootlid module from Jez. Took 5 minutes.

Old 04-09-2021, 08:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,269 Likes on 695 Posts

Originally Posted by XJ8JR
I just installed the remote bootlid module from Jez. Took 5 minutes.
Searching for "remote bootlid" turns up nothing. ??

Ya know, us "new guys" would appreciate it if y'all could include links to make it easier for others to learn about things like this.

I know that I always try to do that to be as helpful as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-10-2021, 09:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 516 Likes on 414 Posts
The following users liked this post:
rothwell (04-11-2021)
Old 04-11-2021, 10:06 AM
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Just put my order in with VAP for dual pulley and tune for my XJR. I am very excited to see the results, as VAP has an excellent reputation on this forum and that, honestly, gave me the confidence to pull the trigger.

The following users liked this post:
dmchao (04-12-2021)
Old 04-11-2021, 10:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,350 Likes on 1,850 Posts

Hopefully it was just a one off LED failure as all the cheap chinese stuff like that that I have purchased have worked well.
Don't remember if it's been posted but one of the most useful and cheap updates was changing the rear license plate lights to LED. It's cheap because since Ford owned Jaguar when the XJ was built those lights are used on many Fords. Like the transit vans, Focus, Explorers, Expeditions. Millions of Fords. About $15 on EBay.

It really made a difference when backing up because the added illumination of the ground from the LED's lets the camera give a better and more detailed view. Kind of surprised it was such an obvious improvement. But the lights are pointed straight down to the ground and not out the back of the car like the back up lights are. Note it is not a bulb swap. They are sealed units and you replace the entire plastic assembly.

Old 04-11-2021, 03:19 PM
Veteran Member

Hopefully it was just a one off LED failure as all the cheap chinese stuff like that that I have purchased have worked well.
Don't remember if it's been posted but one of the most useful and cheap updates was changing the rear license plate lights to LED. It's cheap because since Ford owned Jaguar when the XJ was built those lights are used on many Fords. Like the transit vans, Focus, Explorers, Expeditions. Millions of Fords. About $15 on EBay.

It really made a difference when backing up because the added illumination of the ground from the LED's lets the camera give a better and more detailed view. Kind of surprised it was such an obvious improvement. But the lights are pointed straight down to the ground and not out the back of the car like the back up lights are. Note it is not a bulb swap. They are sealed units and you replace the entire plastic assembly.
I'll have to look into that....I installed the remote trunk close module last fall, and it's a cool addition. Makes you wonder why it wasn't "standard equipment" on an $80,000 (US) car.

Old 04-12-2021, 11:12 AM
Veteran Member

LED license plate lights are on the way....

Old 04-15-2021, 11:16 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks for the tip. I just installed them yesterday, and man, they are crazy bright. I had LED bulbs in the old housings before, and these new units just blow them away. Do you have any other secret tips?

Old 04-15-2021, 11:20 AM
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Do you perhaps have a link or description of the ones you used? Just by coincidence my rear plate bulbs are out and need replacement...

Old 04-15-2021, 01:03 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by ChaosphereIX
Do you perhaps have a link or description of the ones you used? Just by coincidence my rear plate bulbs are out and need replacement...
These are the ones I got:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Ford-Ex....c100290.m3507

Quick Reply: What did you do to your X351 today?