XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Will a 2014 XJR hood fit a 2011 XJL

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 06:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Will a 2014 XJR hood fit a 2011 XJL

So I bought a 2011 XJL wrecked with very light damage. I have managed to to get all the parts I need except a good used hood so I am just going to buy it new. I can get a 2014 XJR hood brand new for a decent price but I want to make sure itll fit my 2011 XJL. I have already called the dealership but they are no help, any advice will be greatly appreciated ..

Old 04-15-2015, 07:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 516 Likes on 414 Posts

I can't see why an XJR hood would have any different dimensions than a non XJR hood as Jaguar produces so few XJs it would be a prohibitive cost to make different fenders and front bumper cover. If you do decide to go that route you will also need to make sure it comes with the vents or you will need to buy them and on that note I wonder if the Carbon Fiber vents from the F-Type would fit.

Old 04-15-2015, 07:32 AM
GGG
Received 16,867 Likes on 12,186 Posts

My JEPC is from 2013 so it's not up-to-date. However, only two Bonnet options are listed for the X351:

Will a 2014 XJR hood fit a 2011 XJL-x351-bonnet.jpg
(click on the image to enlarge it)

Your Jaguar Dealer must be able to confirm from your VIN whether P/N C2D033147 or C2D6121 fits your vehicle.

Graham

The following users liked this post:
osiris20025 (04-15-2015)
Old 04-15-2015, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by XJsss
I can't see why an XJR hood would have any different dimensions than a non XJR hood as Jaguar produces so few XJs it would be a prohibitive cost to make different fenders and front bumper cover. If you do decide to go that route you will also need to make sure it comes with the vents or you will need to buy them and on that note I wonder if the Carbon Fiber vents from the F-Type would fit.
I agree with you! I know the XJL and XJ have pretty much the same front end parts including the hood I just want to make sure the XJR will fit because its a good chunk of money. As far as the vents I'm also looking around I doubt they will come with the hood, the carbon fiber ones would look pretty cool ill have to check them out.

Old 04-18-2015, 05:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 211 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by osiris20025
So I bought a 2011 XJL wrecked with very light damage. I have managed to to get all the parts I need except a good used hood so I am just going to buy it new. I can get a 2014 XJR hood brand new for a decent price but I want to make sure itll fit my 2011 XJL. I have already called the dealership but they are no help, any advice will be greatly appreciated ..

Did you ever get the XJR hood?

You said you have action at a great deal on a used hood, if you didn't get it is it still available?

I will have a XJ hood, mint in white for sale as soon as I locate a XJR hood. Been looking for 6months to no avail.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by polarisnavyxj
Did you ever get the XJR hood?

You said you have action at a great deal on a used hood, if you didn't get it is it still available?

I will have a XJ hood, mint in white for sale as soon as I locate a XJR hood. Been looking for 6months to no avail.
The guy i was buying the hood from backed out so Im thinking about just getting it new from the dealership. The XJR hood is actually cheaper than the regular XJL hood. They want 1400 I just cant wait any longer I need to fix this car too much money invested to just have it sitting in my garage.

retriever-007 (04-20-2015)
Old 04-20-2015, 05:51 PM
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

The guy i was buying the hood from backed out so Im thinking about just getting it new from the dealership. The XJR hood is actually cheaper than the regular XJL hood. They want 1400 I just cant wait any longer I need to fix this car too much money invested to just have it sitting in my garage.
You're right about not letting it sit in the garage and too much money already invested in your automobile. Good luck and when the repair is completed, enjoy riding/driving that classy Jaguar.

osiris20025 (04-20-2015)
Old 04-20-2015, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by retriever-007
You're right about not letting it sit in the garage and too much money already invested in your automobile. Good luck and when the repair is completed, enjoy riding/driving that classy Jaguar.

Thank you! Went to the dealership today and ordered the last parts I needed including the XJR hood now just gotta wait for them and start fixing! Itll be a great summer ride!

Old 04-20-2015, 10:09 PM
Veteran Member

Thank you! Went to the dealership today and ordered the last parts I needed including the XJR hood now just gotta wait for them and start fixing! Itll be a great summer ride!
how long does it take the hood the get in after ordering?

Old 04-21-2015, 06:10 PM

how long does it take the hood the get in after ordering?
I ordered the hood yesterday and dealership said they should have it ready for me to pick up Thursday or Friday this week along with 5 other small parts I ordered as well.

Old 04-22-2015, 10:06 AM
Veteran Member

I ordered the hood yesterday and dealership said they should have it ready for me to pick up Thursday or Friday this week along with 5 other small parts I ordered as well.
Did you have to provide them a XJR vin?
What was the total for the hood?

Old 04-22-2015, 10:23 AM
Received 90 Likes on 66 Posts

Do the hoods come painted or in primer? Maybe this is why Jaguar ask for a vin number. I would be surprised if the hoods came painted.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:08 AM

Did you have to provide them a XJR vin?
What was the total for the hood?
No I didnt have to provide them with the VIN all I gave them was the part # C2D33147 and total was 1423.54

Old 04-22-2015, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Polyesterpig
Do the hoods come painted or in primer? Maybe this is why Jaguar ask for a vin number. I would be surprised if the hoods came painted.
They dont come painted, its primer.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:17 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Polyesterpig
No, many manufacturers parts depts need a vin to even be able to get to the "parts ordering" system of the computer. This prevents the accidental ordering of parts that don't fit the car. Also, say in the case of a BMW 3 series, it helps prevents one from badging a car to look like a M3 when in actuality it is merely a base model. It's fairy easy to find a VIN for a particular car to circumvent this hurdle but in the case of Jaguar, because they are in very limited production, relatively speaking, they are a bit trickier to deal with. My local dealership is by far the snootiest SOB's ever. They actually asked me to bring my XJR in to order the hood as they had a record of servicing my non-XJR and the got suspicious. I then got the bright idea of ordering the part through my bodyshop, which, in effect, saved me another 30% off the dealer price. The dealer basically cost themselves hundreds by being such ******. One can even order parts at a discount mail order from that Florida Jaguar parts outlet at 20% off dealer pricing if shipping isn't a deal breaker as opposed to the tax savings.

Last edited by polarisnavyxj; 04-22-2015 at 11:20 AM.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:23 PM

No, many manufacturers parts depts need a vin to even be able to get to the "parts ordering" system of the computer. This prevents the accidental ordering of parts that don't fit the car. Also, say in the case of a BMW 3 series, it helps prevents one from badging a car to look like a M3 when in actuality it is merely a base model. It's fairy easy to find a VIN for a particular car to circumvent this hurdle but in the case of Jaguar, because they are in very limited production, relatively speaking, they are a bit trickier to deal with. My local dealership is by far the snootiest SOB's ever. They actually asked me to bring my XJR in to order the hood as they had a record of servicing my non-XJR and the got suspicious. I then got the bright idea of ordering the part through my bodyshop, which, in effect, saved me another 30% off the dealer price. The dealer basically cost themselves hundreds by being such ******. One can even order parts at a discount mail order from that Florida Jaguar parts outlet at 20% off dealer pricing if shipping isn't a deal breaker as opposed to the tax savings.
Thats exactly what I did, I ordered my hood through my cousins bodyshop and saved some money. It was originally around 1800 dollars but with the shop discount we got it for 1400. What are you going to do with your original hood?

Old 04-22-2015, 06:48 PM
Veteran Member

Thats exactly what I did, I ordered my hood through my cousins bodyshop and saved some money. It was originally around 1800 dollars but with the shop discount we got it for 1400. What are you going to do with your original hood?
Sell it

Old 09-30-2022, 12:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did the XJR hood fit on your XJL? I'm trying to figure out the same thing as I hit a deer and insurance is spending $14,000 to replace repair my front bumper, hood, drivers fender, drivers side headlight. I'd like to swap components for the XJR which are about the same price (MUCH more than you quoted back in 2015). Can you confirm it fit like stock? Or was any modification needed?

Old 09-30-2022, 02:34 AM
GGG
Received 16,867 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by Jkramer
Did the XJR hood fit on your XJL? I'm trying to figure out the same thing as I hit a deer and insurance is spending $14,000 to replace repair my front bumper, hood, drivers fender, drivers side headlight. I'd like to swap components for the XJR which are about the same price (MUCH more than you quoted back in 2015). Can you confirm it fit like stock? Or was any modification needed?
The OP osiris20025 was last on the forum more than seven years ago on 06-10-2015 and is likely to have lost interest in Jaguar.

Graham

theoriginalbabu (10-02-2022)
Old 09-30-2022, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jkramer

Yes it fit perfectly. The hood came in primer and without the hood vents. You will have to get those separate. Other than that, I had no issues installing it. Everything is pretty much the exact same thing. I have a picture somewhere I can send you if you’d like.

Quick Reply: Will a 2014 XJR hood fit a 2011 XJL