XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Windscreen sunshade (for X351)

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 08:49 AM
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile Windscreen sunshade (for X351)

Spring has finally sprung here in the UK and I really miss my Jaguar branded windscreen sunshade which I originally bought many years ago for my X300 for when the car is parked in direct sun. It did a sterling job on two later X308's I've owned and sort of stayed in place even in my X350. But now I have the 'new XJ' it doesn't fit at all!

Does anyone know where I can purchase a reflective sunshade, preferably a Jaguar branded one, for my car? One doesn't appear to be listed as an accessory in the UK but I'm sure I've seen a photo of one that looked like it was a Jaguar accessory - maybe it is available in other markets (California maybe?). Or perhaps there is an aftermarket company in a hotter climate that has one tailored to fit.

Any leads welcome - thanks ...

Old 05-03-2013, 11:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by PrivateFlyer
Spring has finally sprung here in the UK and I really miss my Jaguar branded windscreen sunshade which I originally bought many years ago for my X300 for when the car is parked in direct sun. It did a sterling job on two later X308's I've owned and sort of stayed in place even in my X350. But now I have the 'new XJ' it doesn't fit at all!

Does anyone know where I can purchase a reflective sunshade, preferably a Jaguar branded one, for my car? One doesn't appear to be listed as an accessory in the UK but I'm sure I've seen a photo of one that looked like it was a Jaguar accessory - maybe it is available in other markets (California maybe?). Or perhaps there is an aftermarket company in a hotter climate that has one tailored to fit.

Any leads welcome - thanks ...
Direct JPLV Porsche Parts.com

Jaguar part # for the XJ is listed as C2D22740

The following 2 users liked this post by rscultho:
PrivateFlyer (05-03-2013), roviw (05-07-2013)
Old 05-03-2013, 04:15 PM
Default Thanks

Brilliant - many thanks, just what I'm looking for.

Tim

Old 05-04-2013, 05:34 AM
Default UK update

Ive tried today to order this part in the UK. Apparently it is "marked for deletion" and therefore no longer available. It is available via Amazon from US parts suppliers (listed at $65) but I'll need to investigate shipping costs and possible import duty (or is that 're-import duty'!). My dealer said that Jaguar may be bringing out a replacement product but the sunshade has never been advertised as available for the UK market.

Old 05-04-2013, 06:04 PM
Received 172 Likes on 142 Posts

Jaguar C2D22740 SUNSHADE-WINDSCR

This place does them for $45 , I then checked the shipping fees to the UK and they wanted another $40 or so, I had thought about buying 3 and reselling two of them on ebay, the shipping was then over $50, makes them expensive as we would then have to pay VAT and taxes when they get here so cannot really warrant the cost .

Old 05-05-2013, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by roviw
Jaguar C2D22740 SUNSHADE-WINDSCR

This place does them for $45 , I then checked the shipping fees to the UK and they wanted another $40 or so, I had thought about buying 3 and reselling two of them on ebay, the shipping was then over $50, makes them expensive as we would then have to pay VAT and taxes when they get here so cannot really warrant the cost .
Thanks, that's helpful. Can I ask if you ever attempted to buy one in the UK and if so what price were you quoted? I have previously bought Jaguar parts deemed only for foreign markets before, it just appears in this case as if I've missed the boat since the part has been withdrawn.

I notice that this Part No does say "for 2011 and 2012MY" and I wondered if maybe it won't fit on MY2013 (perhaps the mirror is slightly deeper?) and it is shortly to be replaced with a more universal product.

Since I want one, not sure whether to pay shipment from US or wait and see if a new product becomes available in UK.

Old 05-05-2013, 12:06 PM

Hi, I have not tried to buy one in the UK as I only found this thread on Friday night and did not know that Jaguar did one at all. I have just been using a Halfords large one .

I will be asking my dealer on Tuesday what their thoughts are about these.

In the past when buying from the US I have had to pay the VAT and a £12-50 handling fee as well, sometimes you get away with it but I have had to pay it more often than not.

The following users liked this post:
PrivateFlyer (05-05-2013)
Old 05-05-2013, 05:22 PM

Hi,

My local dealer says it is discontinued and not available, I'd be interested to hear what yours has to say. I have only once got caught for import duty on a higher value item shipped from the US so I might be inclined to take the risk.

If you decide you want one and it has to be an import I'd be pleased to share the shipping costs with you to save us both a few ££.

Tim

Old 05-06-2013, 01:15 PM

Hi private flyer, I will see what the dealer says, probably the same as your response and will get back to you, thanks

Old 05-07-2013, 05:18 AM
Veteran Member

The shipping cost to order within the continental US from Gaudin Jaguar in Las Vegas is $14.95, which puts the shade total at ~$60. I think this is ~40 pounds?

How much would shipping be to where you guys are in the UK?

Why don't you guys send me an email...I may be able to help you.

Old 05-07-2013, 05:00 PM

Hi, I went to my local dealer today and was told that it was a deleted item over here in the UK. the same as "private flyer " was told.
I would be interested in getting one from the Us if you can help "rscultho", although the shipping for the item to here by the stockist I mentioned above was going to be about $40 or $50 for two. I dont know if they had inflated the cost or whether it may be possile to get it at a reduced amount.
I will post a thread on the UK Jaguar Forum and see whether there are any other guys that may be interested in having one and if there is enough interest then maybe we could do something about it.
What are your thoughts "private flyer" ?

Old 05-07-2013, 06:52 PM

I'd certainly like to order one - and obviously at the lowest overall cost. Happy to split US shipping costs with you roviw and then if necessary to pay onward postage to my home. Id offer to lead on the order but I'm off on vacation on Friday 10th until 31st May and wont be around to receive the goods - but I will be in email contact whilst away. If rscultho can help I'm very grateful - is it worth checking with Gaudin if they are prepared to ship direct? I don't want to put rscultho to unnecessary trouble. If the order can wait til early June I'll gladly pick up and lead on the arrangements when I get back.

Old 05-08-2013, 07:37 AM
Veteran Member

Well, I don't know how many Gaudin has ready to ship...I would be offering to purchase them and then once I receive them send them on to you guys across the pond.

The conditions of this, due to the way they are being purchased would be:

1.Once you buy it is yours...returning it would cost more in postage than would be practical

2. I'd have to get payment through paypal before charging to my personal credit card for purchase...it would be preferable to get everyone's payment and order them all at once, or as many together as possible...

3. It will take some time for you all to get them across the pond, given the time it would take to get to me and then the time it would take to get to you in the UK

Sending such a low cost item to you should not require any "duties" or taxes...besides it is coming from your American cousin...fruitcake maybe? Long, thin fruitcake...

Old 05-08-2013, 06:33 PM

Thanks rscultho, I'm a Paypal user so that deal works for me. Let's see what roviw wants to do but if you are happy as my new US cousin to ship it I'd be happy to fly solo on a purchase! If we are to order two or more clearly it's going to reduce the shipping cost per unit. At $60 by the time it reaches you I'm guessing another $25 is going to cover 'slow' shipment to UK?

As a new forum user I'm not sure how to send you a private message with my email address - ill look into that.

Tim

Old 05-09-2013, 04:51 AM

Hi, sorry for the delay in getting back on here, that would work for me as well thankyou, I am very happy with using paypal as well and really appreciate the help. Maybe if you could find out the costs and we can then sort it out.

"private flyer" if you are going on holiday then they could come to mine and I can send it on if that helps once you return, although they may take sa couple of weeks to get here anyway.

I am not fussed about have slow or fast they arrive, cheaper is best !

PrivateFlyer (05-09-2013)
Old 05-09-2013, 06:09 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by PrivateFlyer
Thanks rscultho, I'm a Paypal user so that deal works for me. Let's see what roviw wants to do but if you are happy as my new US cousin to ship it I'd be happy to fly solo on a purchase! If we are to order two or more clearly it's going to reduce the shipping cost per unit. At $60 by the time it reaches you I'm guessing another $25 is going to cover 'slow' shipment to UK?

As a new forum user I'm not sure how to send you a private message with my email address - ill look into that.

Tim
No problem...so far you and roviw are the only two that want one.

I will send you a private message with my paypal id.

I will verify that Gaudin Jaguar has them in stock and are ready to ship. Once I do I will let you know to send the funds via paypal.

PrivateFlyer (05-09-2013)
Old 05-09-2013, 06:44 PM

Hey, I might be a bit late with this post but this all sounds good to me. If roviw doesn't mind receiving the goods I can arrange to collect or post from Hampshire. I have sent an email to rscultho - feel free to share my email address with roviw. As soon as we know the total cost I can Paypal my half of it to you - smartphone limitations permitting! (should be fine)

Tim

Old 05-11-2013, 03:25 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi, I would be interested in purchasing a sunblind if you are still taking orders. I tried PM'ing you but can't for some reason.

Old 05-11-2013, 09:59 AM

Hi James
At the moment "rscultho" is checking the actual costs to supply them and get them shipped to the Uk, the intension is to pay him via paypal and ship them in one parcel to here, I could then forward the shade on to you. If there are any additional charges for import tax etc then we will split them between us, the postage charge to you would be whatever the post office say so you could settle with me for that. Keep an eye on the thread for details.Regards Ivor

Old 05-12-2013, 03:50 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thank you Ivor, I'll keep an eye on the thread.

Quick Reply: Windscreen sunshade (for X351)