XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Would you like to update ICTP yourself? (If you can)

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2020, 05:32 AM
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Question Would you like to update ICTP yourself? (If you can)

Hi guys,

I can find two "highly-recommended" related to InControl Touch Pro update. My XJL 17MY(8 inch Intel) has very early version. I asked the Jaguar Service Center for an ICTP update. They said it would be possible in June at the earliest. I know I need to do the 2.5 Update first. How dangerous is it, and what should I prepare in advance? And SDD requires 32GB of USB if I select "Run". I expect to download the ICTP program. Anybody know what is the file size of the latest 2.5 update for?

Best regards,
KIM

Old 03-23-2020, 10:34 AM

Hi guys,

I tried to update InControl Touch Pro today. My first goal was an update to the latest 2.5 version. But failed. According to SDD, "Failed to find storage device" I used two USB sticks.
  • SanDisk Blade Z50 32GB (USB 2.0)
  • SanDisk Ultra Flair Z73 32GB (USB 3.0)

I had formatted to use FAT32 with default block size. Is this a compatibility issue?

Take care and don't catch a corona 19.
Best regards,
KIM

Failed to find storage device .. from SDD

Old 03-24-2020, 03:30 AM
Received 185 Likes on 120 Posts

I'm not brave enough to mess with SDD, but to update my maps I needed a 64 GB stick, as 32 GB was too small (even though 32 GB was recommended by the instructions). That is a relatively cheap thing to try!

Old 03-24-2020, 03:37 AM
Received 4,464 Likes on 2,427 Posts

Before you brick your IMC by trying to update it...

What version software are you running at the moment?

Jaguar dealers are updating to the latest version for FREE because they want to get the SOTA into every car, so they don't have to make the updates themselves in the future, it'll come over the air.

The following users liked this post:
KingFala (06-01-2020)
Old 03-25-2020, 03:14 AM

@christ @Cambo Thank you for your kind reply.

Here is my InControl Touch Pro version before update:

InControl Touch Pro

I replaced the USB memory to Kingston DataTraveler (capacity: 32GB), no longer any warning! (WOW!)
  • formatted with default block size and FAT32

SDD show me that the update took 90 minutes, but I needed about 120 minutes to finish. I could see 2 software changed and fan-speed level of climate control could be display.

Before After

blower fan speed level displayed

I will update IS(slave)C tonight. SDD said I needed 140 minutes. I think it will take about 3 hours.

Thank you everyone!
KIM

Old 03-25-2020, 04:37 AM
Received 4,464 Likes on 2,427 Posts

Your first picture shows the map version, nothing to do with the software running in the IMC.

What you need is the SOTA activated, and only a dealer can do this for you (the vehicle must be manually registered for SOTA by the dealer)

SOTA = Software Over The Air

For example, here a 2016 XJR, updated to 19C, and can now receive updates SOTA when connected to a WiFi network.

If you have some luck updating the IMC yourself with SDD, then well done, but I would leave that to the dealers, if the update fails it's their problem, if you do it yourself and it fails.... do you know how much a new IMC costs?

Old 03-25-2020, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Cambo
Your first picture shows the map version, nothing to do with the software running in the IMC.

What you need is the SOTA activated, and only a dealer can do this for you (the vehicle must be manually registered for SOTA by the dealer)

SOTA = Software Over The Air

For example, here a 2016 XJR, updated to 19C, and can now receive updates SOTA when connected to a WiFi network.

If you have some luck updating the IMC yourself with SDD, then well done, but I would leave that to the dealers, if the update fails it's their problem, if you do it yourself and it fails.... do you know how much a new IMC costs?
Dear @Cambo

You are all right. My XJL's warranty is up to 2023. When I visit the Jaguar Service Center, they will take care of my car at no need pay.

However ...
  1. WIFI blocked due to unknown local policy. (WIFI can be activated when visiting service center, now) So, I can not use OTA update service.
  2. My country's Jag service center is too irresponsible.

I contacted them last December for update InControl Touch Pro. They said it was possible in June 2020, and I then reserved a visit. I called to solve another problem last week. They said that I had to change my reservation schedule to December 2020. I didn't understand.

I already had Mongoose Pro, I decided to try updating ICTP myself. I updated to the latest Phase 2.5, but........ it was impossible to modify some features because TOPIx was not available. Ooops...

Best regards,
KIM

Old 06-01-2020, 04:16 PM
Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts

I'm a bit behind on your thread, regarding the upgrade. I just traded for a 2017 XJL, and the version on the vehicle is 19C_19.46.4-458817. Did I understand correctly that it should now be capable of receiving updates after connecting to Wi-Fi? Sorry, I'm not all that knowledgeable about the technical side of much of these things. Is that now the latest version? (Now being 5:14pm, June 01, in 92 degree Florida.

Thank you very much. I'll stay tuned

Old 06-10-2020, 01:10 PM

Hi KingFala,

The latest version is S20A_20.07.5-507626. But our country cannot download yet. Your ICTP support SOTA and you can update it. As far as I know, you can updated it in your country, the United States.

Full release notes for 20A (S20A_20.07.5-507626)

IMC (INFOTAINMENT MASTER CONTROLLER) – SOFTWARE VERSION:
S20A_20.07.5-507626, ASSEMBLY PART NUMBER: MX53-19C204-BA (G2469185)
Software Release Date: 2020-03-09

NEW FEATURES INCLUDED IN THIS RELEASE
PARKING AID
The Parking aid pop up now has the option to temporarily disable the system.
SYSTEM
All user data can now be deleted by running the vehicle data factory reset.

ISSUES FIXED IN THIS RELEASE
BLUETOOTH®
Paired device list when displaying Japanese has improved layout.
Improved Bluetooth® stability when switching from phone library to Spotify.

CLIMATE
After switching from light to dark theme the option to switch from front to rear climate controls will not sometimes be
lost.
Third row blower fan will no longer switch to zero when the display theme is changed.
The timed climate will no longer be shown when it is not available on the vehicle.

OPTICAL DISC DRIVE
Improved ability to play Digital Versatile Discs (DVD)s.
When Compact Disc (CD) is the selected source and CD is in ripping state CD queue list will no longer be empty.

ECO DATA
Improved stability of ECO Data screen.

4X4I – (RUSSIAN ONLY)
Torque values now display in Russian Language

INCONTROL APPS
Reconnecting a phone when InControl Apps are default all soft keys will now be displayed correctly.

NAV
Improved voice guidance stability.
Improved China navigation stability.

PHONE
General improvements when in an active call – fewer cases of lost/gaps in audio.

RADIO – (NORTH AMERICA ONLY)
Improved Satellite Digital Audio Radio Service (SDARS) system stability.

RSE (RSE)
The remote can now be used to select a track from the list on the rear screen.
General improved stability of RSE.

SPEECH
Issue fixed that keeps DAB (DAB) options on the screen after the user cancels the DAB voice command.

STEERING WHEEL SWITCHES
Fixed ‘Mode’ button on steering wheel to change media source is not working.

SYSTEM
General improved system stability.

TERRAIN RESPONSE SCREEN
"Push TR rotary control to activate TR modes" message will do longer display when the rotary control is in the raised
position

TRANSLATIONS
General translation improvements

TELEVISION
General improved stability of the television system.

USB CONNECTIVITY
iPod source will no longer disappear from source list if an iPhone™ is connected to the UIP while the iPod is playing.
USB Media will now resume from the track that was playing when the vehicle was shutdown.

BEV (BEV) DATA – (I-PACE ONLY)
Improved range data accuracy

THERE ARE NO KNOWN ISSUES IN THIS SOFTWARE RELEASE.
Best regards,
KIM