XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

XJ iPod/iPhone Integration Problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 08:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No sound from any music source

I unfortunately have a new malfunction to report in the XJ sound system. I experienced the 5th incident now of the sound system getting into a condition where there is no sound from any of the music sources. There IS sound from the voice command system, but despite selecting any music sources ( radio, satellite, attached iPod) there is no sound. Adjusting the volume control has no affect. This particular incident happened AFTER I had used the Valet feature and then turned it off. And YES, the Valet feature does disable the sound system, but when enabled, you can't even access the music system controls. In this case, the Valet feature was turned on and then off, and the condition occurred. At the suggestion of Jaguar service such for previous events, I turned the car off and then on again, multiple times, but each time, the car turned on with the music system in this condition. Previous times, the condition fixed itself within a day, so I am hoping it does the same this time. You certainly don't expect this type of malfunction with an $80,000 car !

Old 07-16-2011, 05:55 PM
Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

I don't know if this will help but...... When I bought the car in April the last thing the salesperson said to me was when I lock the car make sure I hit the lock button twice either on the door or key fob to completely shut down the computer. Otherwise it goes into sleep mode. Don't ask me but I had a problem with my IPhone connecting through bluetooth & the voice activation wasn't working. So I pulled over (pain in the ***) and did the double lock and it worked. That is the only problem I've had with the software and it was a one time thing. Keeping my fingers crossed.

The following users liked this post:
footman9235 (07-17-2011)
Old 07-17-2011, 09:00 AM
Default I will try it

Thanks Jffcurt - I'm definitely going to try it, because the only other thing that has always worked is leaving it overnight. Yes, it always has "timed out" and works fine the next day ! But overnight is a long time to wait if you're going on a long drive !

Last edited by footman9235; 07-17-2011 at 09:02 AM. Reason: font was too small to read easily
Old 02-04-2012, 06:03 PM

this explains the issue i was having with the "browse" failure with my ipod touch 1g. time to upgrade

Old 02-20-2012, 11:34 PM

Here is what I do. Plug in Iphone/ipod via the wire.
Then select "My Music". You should have 2 iphone choices.
The one in upper right is bluetooth iphone. That is what is playing when you cant access your tracks on the screen.
Click on the iphone in upper right. You should have an option to "deselect". Do that.
Then go back to select the iphone in upper middle.
That should allow you to access all your tunes via the browse function on the screen.

Kind of a pain. But it is what it is.

My jag dealer told me that a software update will allow you select a default (BT or wired) iphone music selection.

Good luck.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:26 PM

I replaced the 1G touch with a 6th Gen Classic - works flawlessly now. I also discovered that if the format of the music files on a USB drive are not appropriate (i.e. flac etc.) the audio system effectively becomes unusable until you remove the drive. (skipping; pauses; freezing; etc.)

Old 03-20-2012, 06:05 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default iPod touch series 1

My integration was slow as molasses (30 seconds plus per screen) till I updated the apple software. It now works as I believe it was intended to do so. Incidentally I had the same issue on a 2011 merc e63 but wasn't smart enough to think it was an apple rather than a Mercedes problem.

Old 03-25-2013, 06:49 PM

I have a 2010 Xk coupe...Ipod will not work nor will the iPhone 4S. The dealer is telling me that it requires a certain version of software, it this possible when in fact Apple updates SW monthly. Dealership is of little help. Should I call Jaguar headquarters, still under Factory warranty. please help 55K for a car ...everything should work.

Old 05-16-2016, 09:34 PM
Default Bluetooth Issues w/iPhone 6

Recently, problems with accessing various playlists, etc.
My thinking, Apple Music attempting to control my music choices so quit trial period...problems continued. Then, deleted all B/T devices on phone but unable to delete iPhone connected on XJL even after disconnecting B/T on iPhone. Left iPhone in condo, back to car & iPhone still shown as connected.
At wits end...research showed possible 9.3 update issue. Long-time Apple lover but their quality is going downhill like their stock!
Any ideas???