XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

XJ R 575 Production Numbers ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2024, 02:25 AM
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ralphwg
Regarding getting production info from the Jaguar Heritage Trust. Last year I asked for information on both my 2013XKR and 2018 XJR 575. They provided the info on the XKR; but they advised that they only have info Jaguars that are at least ten years old. So, if we are going to rely on them we have 4-5 years to wait unless they change their policy.
They might have I think, since they were willing to provide into on UK 575 numbers when asked this year (so MY18 cars effectively)).

Old 01-24-2024, 07:13 AM
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by lotusespritse
I don't think everyone on this thread realizes these pictures were not taken at the dealer's location. These pics are from one of those larger dealer-only auctions that many of the cars you find for sale at dealers go through before being dolled up and put on a showroom. The auction cars stay parked outside in huge parking lots so dealers can look at them inside and out before bidding. They can even drive them, if they start and have gasoline in the tank. The dealers expect some level of reconditioning will needed, but they aren't the slightest bit bothered that the exterior needs a wash and interior needs a clean, unlike the owners on this forum.

From the pics, the car is in the staging area waiting to go through the auction. The hoods are always popped up during these auctions, so this is perfectly normal.

Now why they decided to post these pics from the staging area of a dealer auction seems stupid to me, but they probably just wanted to get pics right away to start advertising it for sale. In my opinion, if you are interested in one of these rare cars in this color combo, it makes sense to go look at in person. It's probably cleaned up by now. And if it looks solid in person, negotiate on the miles and accident history to get a better price. I wouldn't avoid considering it just because the dealer did a bonehead move of posting crappy pics from a dealer auction since many nice used cars you see at dealers are in this state at some point in their sales lifecycle.
This!

This was the point I was trying to make. Someone who's serious about wanting a 575 will put in a little leg to see it in person/request a video recording of it in daylight, find a way to test drive it and getting a copy of the repair bill. In a sense, they kinda did us a favor by letting us know the car is available before it even reached a dealership especially in a market as large as NJ/NY.

It seems like some posters here are just holding out for a brand new one to hit the market with 20-30k miles on it. Good luck with that.

FYI - thanks for the clarification about the popped hood pictures.

Last edited by YepItsme; 01-24-2024 at 03:43 PM.
The following users liked this post:
parnelli (01-24-2024)
Old 01-27-2024, 03:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi All,
Just joined the forum as I was doing a search for how many XJR 575s were built and found the above very interesting. I bought my wife a XJR 575 back in Feb 2020 from Stratstone – Mayfair London and it had 15k on the clock. It was my intention to store it away but my wife insisted on driving it and why not, at least she gets the enjoyment out of it before we both die of old age lol. Its done 54k now but I’m thinking of selling it before we put too many miles on it. As there’s none for sale lately can anyone give me an idea of what the likely price we would get?

May thanks Ian

Old 01-27-2024, 03:32 PM
Received 185 Likes on 120 Posts

£35k-ish. See this one (which hasn't yet sold):

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/16058549

Old 01-27-2024, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Tinbasher
Hi All,
Just joined the forum as I was doing a search for how many XJR 575s were built and found the above very interesting. I bought my wife a XJR 575 back in Feb 2020 from Stratstone – Mayfair London and it had 15k on the clock. It was my intention to store it away but my wife insisted on driving it and why not, at least she gets the enjoyment out of it before we both die of old age lol. Its done 54k now but I’m thinking of selling it before we put too many miles on it. As there’s none for sale lately can anyone give me an idea of what the likely price we would get?
Depends a lot on condition too. What colour combination is it? Some colour combos seem to sell better than others. I paid £34k recently for an XJ575 with 63k at a Jaguar dealer and they said that they had a lot of interest in the car. In the right spec, they are very desirable imo. There are only around 100x 575s in the UK. Don't use 'webuyanycar' prices or similar, since I think the software that many of these systems use don't differentiate between the 575 and a standard XJR. The prices it gives are stupidly low.

Old 01-27-2024, 05:11 PM

See Picture cbarr. Is this a good combo?

The following users liked this post:
2015 XJR L (06-20-2024)
Old 01-28-2024, 03:36 AM

Car looks wonderful. It is a popular combo so should sell well.
The grey and blue (both the velocity (light blue) and darker Loire) are very sought after imo. Especially with light interiors. The grey was special order in the UK at the time.
The black is a classic colour for an XJ. I see a lot of high end cars with black and black (Bentley, Porsche etc) so I expect it can be priced appropriately.
If selling privately, lots of good photos in a nice location always help. Home location is good if suitable since pers sometimes suspicious of a private sale with photos in a car park etc. And a good description of course.
I'd recommend Autotrader. Most people look on there. But also post the sale on this forum and also the more UK-based forum (almost the same URL but singular,",,.forum.com"). I'd possibly start at £36.5k for your car (or even £37k - depends on history, how many previous owners etc). You can always lower it if it doesn't sell quickly.
Hope this helps. Just my "two-cents". Others may well chime in with equally valid suggestions,

Old 01-28-2024, 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by cbarr
Car looks wonderful. It is a popular combo so should sell well.
The grey and blue (both the velocity (light blue) and darker Loire) are very sought after imo. Especially with light interiors. The grey was special order in the UK at the time.
The black is a classic colour for an XJ. I see a lot of high end cars with black and black (Bentley, Porsche etc) so I expect it can be priced appropriately.
If selling privately, lots of good photos in a nice location always help. Home location is good if suitable since pers sometimes suspicious of a private sale with photos in a car park etc. And a good description of course.
I'd recommend Autotrader. Most people look on there. But also post the sale on this forum and also the more UK-based forum (almost the same URL but singular,",,.forum.com"). I'd possibly start at £36.5k for your car (or even £37k - depends on history, how many previous owners etc). You can always lower it if it doesn't sell quickly.
Hope this helps. Just my "two-cents". Others may well chime in with equally valid suggestions,
Thank you Cbarr. The picture is took at my home but I guess I should loose the hose pipe lol...

Old 01-28-2024, 07:57 AM

Thanks for your message Cbarr. I am in no rush to sell the car but if I was offered 38k I would probably take it...Although the wife will probably have my b*lls lol

Old 01-28-2024, 09:35 AM

38K is $48.25K USD Seems a bit low for that car w/ 54K miles.

Old 01-29-2024, 02:19 AM
def
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by parnelli
38K is $48.25K USD Seems a bit low for that car w/ 54K miles.
it's actually under $42k USD.. but yea they seem crazy cheap over there because we pay a premium for import. The original MSRP is like closer to equaling $100k where as in the US it is over $120k for the 575. In UK they only come in SWB and in US they only come in LWB but in prior years XJR where both wheelbases were offered I think the LWB was like $3k more than SWB.

Also I think they are more rare in the US. That car is beautiful though, best color combo. This guys wife should divorce him if he sells.

Old 01-29-2024, 08:15 AM

Sorry, I was using the British pound. Didn’t know you meant euros.

can you explain that extra import charge you were referring to?

We here in the US don’t fully understand that

Old 01-29-2024, 09:38 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have a Rosello Red 575 with only 5K miles on it I am going to list for sale very soon. Is a 9.9 car, zero issues. Purchased last year from CA in the first hour it was for sale. You might remember seeing it for about 2 seconds before I bought it. Let me know if interested. Will be in the $90K range still.

Old 01-29-2024, 11:41 AM

Yes, I remember when you purchased that.

Black interior?

any pictures available?

Old 01-29-2024, 11:49 AM

You are correct!
Here are my only 3 currently right after I got it. I did a full 40-hour paint correct, XPEL Ultimate and Ceramic coating.
Just wound up with more cars since and not driving it. !!

The following 2 users liked this post by QueenCityGenie:
2015 XJR L (03-10-2024), parnelli (01-29-2024)
Old 01-29-2024, 08:04 PM

Beautiful!!!

Old 01-30-2024, 07:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,426 Likes on 1,906 Posts

Wonderful car! So rare I have only seen them in pictures so far.
Does it have rear park sensors as I can't see the sensors in the rear bumper cover?

Old 01-30-2024, 08:48 AM

It does. Pretty sure all the boxes were checked on this car !!
Certified warranty on the car until 11/24

Old 01-30-2024, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by QueenCityGenie
You are correct!
Here are my only 3 currently right after I got it. I did a full 40-hour paint correct, XPEL Ultimate and Ceramic coating.
Just wound up with more cars since and not driving it. !!

Classy color!

Old 01-30-2024, 03:18 PM
Received 98 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by QueenCityGenie
I have a Rosello Red 575 with only 5K miles on it I am going to list for sale very soon. Is a 9.9 car, zero issues. Purchased last year from CA in the first hour it was for sale. You might remember seeing it for about 2 seconds before I bought it. Let me know if interested. Will be in the $90K range still.
Hummmm, NC tags and user name "QueenCity". I can't believe you have been hiding this beautiful car in my own backyard

Quick Reply: XJ R 575 Production Numbers ?