XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

XJ in Skyfall

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 10:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 167 Likes on 120 Posts
Default XJ in Skyfall

If you haven't already seen the new 007 film, here are some tidbits to whet your appetite:

"Jaguar Land Rover provided a total of 77 cars for "Skyfall," including the Range Rover, Jaguar XJ, and Land Rover Defenders, to appear on screen and for production support...."

"In London, M, played by Judi Dench, gets driven around in a Jaguar XJ, several of which were needed for the shoot. "There were just so many vehicles, like the Jags, we had a few of those because we took interiors out," Powell says. "So when M is sitting in the back of the car and she's getting driven along, there was a camera in the passenger seat, so we take the passenger seat out, put a camera there. So that's one car, and we have another car that you do exteriors with and there's another car that's got all mounts in it..."

"The Jaguar XJ didn't require any modifications, but had its own challenges. "The Jaguar, which we had in London, I was giving that one a good thrashing. I think it was when Bond was driving away with M in the car. It was a quick slide out through the corner, flying through traffic. It wasn't too complicated, but at the same time it was an automatic car, so for me it was challenging because I had to power slide it without the aid of clutch or that much power," Collins says. "It was one of those things you wanted to get it right and the consequences of getting it wrong would be ugly. We spent an afternoon doing it, but we got it done quickly..."

Read the complete article: "Skyfall": The Cars, the Stunts, and the Drivers - Motor Trend

Cheers,
Wolfy

Old 11-19-2012, 03:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 331 Likes on 235 Posts

Thanks for the post.

Saw the movie last week, was very entertaining.
I thought they did a good job with the scoring. Specifically the downshifts in one scene - real life resemblance of exhaust etc.
That's as much as i will give away.

Highly recommend it to all the moviegoers.

Old 11-22-2012, 04:01 PM
Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

I though the XJ was a bit quiet in the film to be honest. I expected a bit more noise out of it, especially in the part where Bond was driving it. I wondered if JLR had asked the filmmakers to keep the noise down so people don't think it's a sports car!

Old 11-23-2012, 03:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 206 Likes on 189 Posts

the lack of a real car chase kind of annoyed me about the movie.

but its sad that the XJ got more action than the actual start of the show, the DB5.

Old 02-24-2013, 09:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I watched this movie three times just to see my XJ with the police lights in it.