XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

XJL - A/C, volume and door locks not working

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 07:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,426 Likes on 1,906 Posts

First if there is ANY doubt get a new battery and see what happens.
If my car went thru what yours did I would put a new battery in today!

Not sure what the problem is but I have found some if those panels pretty cheap?
Your part number is;
DW93-18C858-AD

The problem is, and you will need to figure this out, is can you use a panel with the last 2 letters different than yours?
Here is one for about $150. But it ends with GC?

AC Unit

What I do is search for the base part number which is DW93-18C858.
Then you need to find out if you can use one with a different ending.

Please post the error codes as we can't provide any help without them?
We need the year of the car too.

Lastly I don't know if this will require any programming to your car or not?

I did find a list of Jaguar part numbers. Note the number I posted above is a Ford part number.
So maybe you can start there with your car info?

C2D24422
C2D47478
C2D49759
C2D49767

Old 11-13-2019, 09:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions and part numbers friends. I have ordered one of these panels on Ebay and should get it any day now. I was not able to find one exactly like mine, but the connectors are the same, so I hope it will hoop up. Even if some functions do not work, it will be a good diagnostic tool to know if it’s my panel or the battery or something else. My car is 4 years old, but I see it already has an aftermarket main battery. As one of the posters here said, he had the battery tested and it made no difference. I charged mine, too with no impact. Besides, aren’t all accessories run by the alternator while the engine is running anyway, so it should provide a steady 14V current?

Old 11-13-2019, 10:00 AM
Veteran Member

Good job and please let us know if you can just plug the replacement in.
As I said I don't think this one needs programming but not sure?

Sometimes a wide array of ending letters will interchange and sometimes it has to be an exact match.
If possible I will always get the exact match unless I know otherwise.

But for $150 compared to a dealer visit I think it's good bet!

Also many people have posted to use an AGM style battery.
Is your new battery a AGM battery?

Good point about the alternator but do you know what voltage you car is running while driving?

I just added this little guy to my cigarette lighter.
2 USB ports with a volt meter in-between them. About $6 from China.

Greg can you add your car details? I get lost with all the different people posting without car details.

Last edited by clubairth1; 11-13-2019 at 10:07 AM.
Old 11-13-2019, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by clubairth1
Good job and please let us know if you can just plug the replacement in.
As I said I don't think this one needs programming but not sure?

Sometimes a wide array of ending letters will interchange and sometimes it has to be an exact match.
If possible I will always get the exact match unless I know otherwise.

But for $150 compared to a dealer visit I think it's good bet!

Also many people have posted to use an AGM style battery.
Is your new battery a AGM battery?

Good point about the alternator but do you know what voltage you car is running while driving?

I just added this little guy to my cigarette lighter.
2 USB ports with a volt meter in-between them. About $6 from China.

Greg can you add your car details? I get lost with all the different people posting without car details.
Clubairth, thanks, I will report as soon as I hook up the new panel. I have to run the voltmeter to see what votage the car is producing. Nice gadget for $6. I will also read the codes in the OBDII. My car is 2015 XJL Portfolio with V6 AWD.

Old 11-16-2019, 11:46 PM

Update: I got the new panel, hooked it up, but still nothing worked. Actually, I started getting all sorts of warnings on the dash, including key fob not found. This is probably because the new panel is from a 2017 model with different button configuration. But, I then hooked up the old panel again and worked all the buttons and after playing with the fan control, the panel started working.😀. So, for now everything is back to normal and everything works as it should. Let’s see for how long.

Old 11-17-2019, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Greg Wojdalski
Update: I got the new panel, hooked it up, but still nothing worked. Actually, I started getting all sorts of warnings on the dash, including key fob not found. This is probably because the new panel is from a 2017 model with different button configuration. But, I then hooked up the old panel again and worked all the buttons and after playing with the fan control, the panel started working.😀. So, for now everything is back to normal and everything works as it should. Let’s see for how long.
Greg, thanks a lot for update! I will try to disconnect my panel and to reconnect it once I'm back home end next week. Just in case, which panel did you purchased, can you pls post it here, my car is pre-restyle model, but just to take a look at it. Thanks in advance

Old 11-17-2019, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by ArtiomZerebcov
Greg, thanks a lot for update! I will try to disconnect my panel and to reconnect it once I'm back home end next week. Just in case, which panel did you purchased, can you pls post it here, my car is pre-restyle model, but just to take a look at it. Thanks in advance
Sure, see attached. I am pretty sure the issues are not related to the battery, but to the panel itself. At least it doesn’t get fried when it detects a short. Let us know if your issues resolve.

Old 11-24-2019, 12:46 PM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hello

Hi, I experienced this very same issue with my ac panel, I found that there was a 5amp fuse in the trunk fuse box located behind the backseat armrest had blown

The following users liked this post:
selojoe (12-07-2022)
Old 11-24-2019, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Dercur
Hi, I experienced this very same issue with my ac panel, I found that there was a 5amp fuse in the trunk fuse box located behind the backseat armrest had blown
You were lucky, as that's an easy fix. The fuse box was the first thing I checked, but all fused were in order in my Jag. I am convinced it was a spilled drink that caused a short of some sort. My panel is working just fine for now, but I wouldn't be surprised if it malfunctioned again at some point in time.

Old 11-25-2019, 07:10 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks Dercur but can you give us what fuse number it was?

The following users liked this post:
selojoe (12-07-2022)
Old 12-09-2019, 11:35 AM

Hi guys! I solved my problem by replacing the panel to second hand one I bought on ebay for 130 eur. The trouble was caused by previous owner who apparently spilled Coca-Cola on the panel, as it was all sticky and with signs of cola spots on back side. So my one was cooked.. Somebody on forum was suggesting that this could be the case, so thanks all for help and good luck solving your problem!

All in all as it appears cause might be:

Bad battery
Burned panel
Burned fuse

Best regards,
Artiom

Old 04-04-2020, 03:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All Good info ...I've the same... intermittent when I had battery problems (now - AGM & ok) but not intermittent..but dead as above.
Question is, how to remove this panel to inspect etc etc. any procedures out there?

looking & looking...

Thanks,
Steve,
now 2012 xjl, baby jag gone

Old 04-04-2020, 04:05 PM

yes fuse # !! would be a big help

Old 04-04-2020, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by steve07xk
All Good info ...I've the same... intermittent when I had battery problems (now - AGM & ok) but not intermittent..but dead as above.
Question is, how to remove this panel to inspect etc etc. any procedures out there?

looking & looking...

Thanks,
Steve,
now 2012 xjl, baby jag gone
The biggest challenge is to remove the black plastic frame, which has tabs all around. You need to carefully pry it out. Then you will see four phillips screws to remove and your panel will be free. Not much to inspect. If it doesn’t work or is intermittent, you will have to replace it.

Old 04-04-2020, 08:55 PM

wasn't a fuse, or removal and reinstall, no signs of soda or such. Maybe the weak battery up and down wacked it.
salvage board on order, under $200...let hope///

Old 04-14-2020, 02:03 PM

Hummm.. got salvage panel, looks show room new. Progress! Stuff working now, but not all.
WORKING: all ac and heater, power on /off , 4way,

NOT working:
-radio, any feature except "audio off" reaction to on/off knob, didn't do taht with oeth dead panel.
-cd player (doesn't make noise or recycling, don't remember is cd in it or not.
-NAV in constant initialization
-phone from panel nor buttons
= speech button on steering wheel
=auto window up on driver's window

My 2007xk had battery tricks to reload firmware, does the 2012 have such?
--> ensure battery is fully charger, remove pos cable, touch to neg foe 10 seconds to drain all diods, then leave disconnected for at least an hr(?).
If not I guess I'm going to a shop to have it reset (and checked for upgrade & patches.

Thanks in advance!

-Steve
2012 xjl 5.0L, NA, sliver/navy blue leather (fixed water pump & timing chain!)

Old 05-30-2021, 05:14 PM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Same issue. No LED lights work, except hazards. The knobs and buttons are work. Some were sticky to push. I took the board apart, sure enough, coke was spilt by the previous owner. I'm order a used one, and I'll be applying a PCB waterproof spray on the board to prevent this from happening again.

Old 06-13-2022, 05:49 PM
Default Control Panel not working

In order to remove control panel you have to remove the plastic bezel, right. Do not wont to break bezel, any info on removing?

Old 06-14-2022, 08:52 AM
Veteran Member

A couple of tips as I have done a lot of dash work on these XJ's. Please put tape around the edge between the leather dash and the plastic bezel.
The leather will likely be damaged from the pry tool and it will be visible EVERY TIME your in the car!

I started out without the tape and almost made a nice big dent in the leather. Also use a plastic pry tool as less chance of leather damage. Finally keep a close eye on the retaining clips! For some strange reason Jaguar used 2 different clips. One you can buy separate the other you can't. I don't have the clip part number handy but if you need it I can do some searching. Lucky I found one of my clips and ordered the other one. They usually launch into the dash somewhere.

Here is the bezel and try to pry close to where I have circled the retaining clips. It does pop off good but as always the first time is an adventure and a bit of a pucker factor until it lets go!

Now don't panic because if you break it that part is used on just about ALL XJ's so easy to get used. They do tend to get dinged up and that's the worst problem with buying used.

Let us know how it went?

Old 06-15-2022, 07:26 AM

A BIG THANKS FOR THE INFO, Will give it a try

Quick Reply: XJL - A/C, volume and door locks not working