XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Xjl electronic accessories shutting off

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2024, 09:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xjl electronic accessories shutting off

Ok so i have a 2012 jaguar xjl 5.0 with 100k miles, i made a 25 mile drive down the freeway n half way to my destination my AC turned off i thought nothing about it at first then on my dash it said blind spot sensor failure, then rear camera not working, then my bluetooth shut off and the whole stereo system went black but the engine was still running fine. I turned her off for an hr then turned her back on n she was like normal for 5 minutes then everything started happening again, i still made it home safe but the electronics on the car is acting up. The next day i start her up n went ti fill up gas everything still happening n when i shut her off the car wouldn’t read my key fob anymore n i was stuck for 3 hrs until the car decided it wanted to read the key fob n turn on. I got the car battery checked out n it was good and changed key fob battery aswell, i checked some fuses on the car too they all looked fine. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD BE LOOKING FOR

Old Yesterday, 11:02 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,905 Likes on 3,209 Posts

Jay, first off, welcome to The Forums. Lots of good information here and we pride ourselves in making it available to everyone. We do ask one thing of you. Please stop by the "New Member" section and tell us a little bit about yourself and your car. This will introduce yourself to the group and let you learn who some of the people are around here. We believe in making this a better car group than where you find elsewhere.

As for your electrical problem, I would say to start with asking how hot it was that day. The car does have features built into it that it will shut down the electronics if they get too hot. That is kinda what it sounds like happened here. If it was just another day and not the hottest day yet, then there may be another issue. The blind spot sensor failure is a common issue wiht this car, especially if you drive near a wall for a bit. So, I would not worry too much about that. NOw, the camera, A/C and bluetooth are all related to the radio and that has an overheat feature.

Lets see if it continues and we can take things from there.

Old Yesterday, 12:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey ill be sure to stop by the new members section and yes it was a hot day id say 101 n i was speeding a little not going to lie, so i was pushing the car a lil. So if it might be the overheat feature how do i reset it because i tried disconnecting the battery to reset the. Car n still same problem. When i open my car door the digital screen doesnt even turn on like how its supposed n show the jag logo, then i try turning it on n it says key fob not detected, could it be a bad fuse???

Old Yesterday, 03:21 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,905 Likes on 3,209 Posts

Jay, the over heat aspect should reset itself. I would check fuses F64 and F69 in the central junction box. Those 2 fuses power the main parts of the radio. If those are good, then I would be looking at getting the car analyzed by a copy of SDD (dealership level code reader). This will tell you exactly what is going on as it will give you a code as to why the radio shut down on the day you initially had the problem and it will tell you what is still keeping the radio from starting.