XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

XJL Supersport Details

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 01:08 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default XJL Supersport Details

Couple of quick notes I wanted to pass along. I ordered my XJL Supersport several months back, and the delivery has been pushed back a few weeks so that the factory can fix the roof and software glitches. So, she's on the shore of England waiting to come to papa. I learned that the illuminated tread and trunk plates, as well as the metallic pedals are standard on the Supersport. They aren't listed as standard on the Jaguar website, and my dealer had no idea either until we got the vehicle details sheet yesterday. The rear entertainment package is also standard on the Supersport.

I bought my car through Brown's Jaguar in Richmond, VA, and they're terrific. Because of the delay with my car's arrival, and the fact that I just sold my current car, they gave me a 2011 XK to drive in the interim. Never had an $85k loaner car before!! And to have it for a month...that kind of service is unheard of. Just wanted to let you guys know about it because it's so far above and beyond what I'm used to. Oh, they actually drove up to Northern Virgnia to pick me up (1 1/2 hour drive) to get the loaner car as well. Best experience I've ever had buying a car. They had the best price by a good margin as well.

If you're considering a Jag, I highly recommend giving them a call. I worked with Mike Bobinski and Bill Colgate. Bill owns the dealership, and Mike is one of the managers. Both excellent guys.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:32 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

Plugging a good dealer purchase is great free advertising...though not many in your region will see it unless u post a similar one in the regional area of the forum. As an aside, cant wait to see the car pics when u receive it...don't forget about us!

Old 11-17-2010, 10:56 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Honestly, I'm not really plugging...just sharing. I know paying sponsors get antsy with plugs. I will most certainly post pics/vid link when I get her. Hope it's worth the wait, and I hope they don't announce a XJ-R before it arrives. There doesn't seem to be much interest out there on the supersport. Jaguar could have learned a thing or two from the AMG and BMW M divisions. Guess it just means I'm in more exclusive company.

Old 11-18-2010, 05:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Looking forward to the pics Kid, but I bet, not as much as you are looking forward to taking delivery!

Heck, please don't ever hesitate to share a good experience, by it's very nature a Tech' orientated forum such as this is mostly problem related.

Now then, if only the ship will turn left out of Southampton instead of right