XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

2004 XJR Supercharged interior fan inop

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 12:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 XJR Supercharged interior fan inop

I am new to the forum. I just got a 2004 XJR Supercharged and The interior fan doesn't work. The touch screen works fine. The touch screen fan switch works fine but the fan does not go on and of course the AC isn't cold because of no fan and the heater doesn't appear to work because no fan. I do hear the blend doors move when I hit different touch screen buttons.

Can somebody give me some direction? I have been reading some of the threads and they mentioned the fan control module.
I look forward to hearing your stories and comments.

Thank you

Old 02-22-2018, 12:47 AM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by harlankatz01
I am new to the forum. I just got a 2004 XJR Supercharged and The interior fan doesn't work. The touch screen works fine. The touch screen fan switch works fine but the fan does not go on and of course the AC isn't cold because of no fan and the heater doesn't appear to work because no fan. I do hear the blend doors move when I hit different touch screen buttons.

Can somebody give me some direction? I have been reading some of the threads and they mentioned the fan control module.
I look forward to hearing your stories and comments.

Thank you
Hello

I think you have the same problem that many others had (including me) and is discussed on this forum several times. There is a very high chance that blower relay gave up that has a part number C2C39577.

you can look through these threads:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...2/#post1058751
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-working-8322/

There are some other threads too. I remember that one user found LandRover part fits to our Jaguars and costs much less than one with Jaguar part number.

Hope this helps.

===
Edit

I was unable to source this part in Tbilisi, so I mended it by changing that one heat resistor failed. I suppose that one small thing is the reason for 99% of such failures, so it can be fixed without much problems. Any heat resistor with relatively same size (there is plenty of room where resistor sits) that has similar heat rating will fit. I found some old soviet resistor with much bigger size and 120 degree rating and fitted it instead of original resistor. It works great ever since

Last edited by -Greg-; 02-22-2018 at 12:53 AM.
Old 02-22-2018, 08:40 AM

There are other issues with the car. Water in the carpeting in front right and left with the left A pillar soaking wet. I am going to assume that is plugged sunroof vents. I hope it's relatively easy to remove and clean the carpet. it was pretty wet and now a bit musty. The check engine light just came on also with a code saying the mass air flow performance is an issue.

Wish me luck.

Old 02-22-2018, 12:42 PM
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

As Greg has mentioned, the blower fan relay is almost certainly the issue with the blower fan not working, or only working at one speed. This relay had too small a heat sink, and thus burned out over time. A very common failure. The current version of this relay comes with a much larger relay. You have to remove the glove box to reach the relay on the top of the air plenum.

I too would suspect the wet carpeting in the front is from plugged sunroof drain lines. The front two drain holes are at each front corner of the sunroof trough. If you pull the plastic door sill covers, and the outer plastic foot well covers, it is then easy to lift the carpet with foam under pad to sop up the water that will have also accumulated under the carpets.

Old 03-07-2018, 12:45 PM

Yup. Put the BCM in and the air works great now.
Thank you for the help