XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

2005 Vdp right front door lock question

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2019, 12:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Vdp right front door lock question

My pax side front door lock won’t work with the solenoid. I can lock it manually. Does the replacement door handle part
C2C5119 contain the solenoid? It came from an xj8l. Also are there any good instructions to replace it? Do I have to take the entire door panel off? T

Will this work on a 2005 vdp?
hanks

Old 11-17-2019, 02:24 PM
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

I am not 100% sure as to what exactly you are wanting to know, but the interior door handle seems to be a relatively simple mechanism with no attachment to it except for a cable that connects it to the rest of the door latch mechanisms. I have been researching a locking problem on my 2004 and have found several online posts with many good pictures when searching for "X350 door lock actuator" problems. Most of the information I have found is for the left side (driver's side here in the US). Perhaps lubricating the actuator will resolve your issue. I do believe you will be removing the door panel and there are photos that show where the door card is attached and information detailing what needs to be addressed when you take everything apart to get to the latch/lock actuator. I have reviewed the information provided by Harry Crum and is here on this forum as well and it is very well set forth. Good luck.

Old 11-17-2019, 03:16 PM
Received 93 Likes on 71 Posts

All the electrical bits are built into the door latch mechanism. If it is not locking or opening then you will need to replace the latch mechanism. You will need to remove the door card and the inner door card to replace the lock mech, it's not a difficult job to do and the lock does fit past the window regulator.

Old 11-17-2019, 04:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the quick reply. My question is if the solenoid that locks the inside door handle is in the handle mechanism or somewhere else.. From Ranchero guy it sounds like it is somewhere else,, but Joe Dreed says it is all self-contained in the handle mechanism. I can lock it by hand so the cable is good.

Old 11-17-2019, 05:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,462 Likes on 1,956 Posts

Originally Posted by tamsruby
Thanks for the quick reply. My question is if the solenoid that locks the inside door handle is in the handle mechanism or somewhere else.. From Ranchero guy it sounds like it is somewhere else,, but Joe Dreed says it is all self-contained in the handle mechanism. I can lock it by hand so the cable is good.
The door latch is not the handle, the latch is right by where the door secures to the car body. The handle is connected to it by a cable. from what you describe it sounds like you need to replace the latch. This is not difficult to do, (I had to do one on a rear door on my first X350). The latch assembly was not all that expensive then, but may be more now. Obviously you have to remove the door trim panel.

Old 11-17-2019, 05:47 PM
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

If you do a quick search on this forum for X350 Door Actuator you will get to a thread by Harry Crum that will show what is involved in taking the panel(s) off to repair a door lock.. It appears as though there are a couple of tricky parts but it is not real difficult to do. The post shows how to take the door latch off from the inside and work into the locking mechanism. It is a very well written walk through and will show you the various parts and how to get to them. The part shown in your first post only connects with a cable to the rest of the door latch/lock. If the inside handle only moves in and out with out doing anything you will need to take it all apart to see if something is broken or came unhooked. if you hear the motor/solenoid click perhaps lubricating it will resolve your problem. If you need to replace it the steps are still the same. The thread is very helpful.

Old 11-17-2019, 05:50 PM
Received 93 Likes on 71 Posts

What Fraser said, the broken bit is the latch that locks the door to the door frame. They are about £30 on ebay do a search for x350 door latch.