XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

2006 Super V8 OBD codes

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 08:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2006 Super V8 OBD codes

I have a 2006 Jaguar Super V8. It has 123k on it. I recently got a check engine light and scanned with a Bosch OBD scan tool and got the following codes: P0232 and P062A. Both of these have something to do with Fuel Pump. From what I have gathered from internet research, it is most likely a fuel pump relay. My problem is, I can't find where they are. The owner's manual only lists location of fuses, not relays. I spent $30 on Just Answer.com for absolutely nothing, the guy tells me the codes don't even apply to my year of Jag. Wasted money, still no answer. I can't afford to take it to a dealer or other repair facility. I fell off of a roof eight months ago and had back surgery two months ago and am now looking at disability. But, I do what I can. I love working on the car, and will do so as long as it is within my limits. I sold my last Jaguar in 2012, and bought this one two months ago, so I'm a little rusty. I'm hoping someone out there wouldn't mind helping me out! This is my first request for help, so forgive me if I did something wrong! Are any of the relays in the trunk fuse box the ones I'm looking for?? Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Old 05-18-2016, 09:48 AM
GGG
Received 16,852 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Kelly,

I've moved your post from US Midwest Region to X350 forum. This is the place to post technical questions about your model.

Graham

The following users liked this post:
Kelly Ramsey (05-21-2016)
Old 05-18-2016, 10:54 AM
Received 4,454 Likes on 2,426 Posts

P0232 = Fuel Pump Secondary Circuit High
P062A = Fuel Pump "A" Control Circuit Range/Performance

With 123k miles on it, the pumps could just be worn out. I replaced both pumps on my XJR at 110k miles as they were unable to maintain full pressure at high demand.

But anyhow...

In the trunk, fuses F24 and F33 are for the fuel pumps, the relay is R6

There is also a Fuel Pump Module which controls the speed/pressure of the pumps, it's fed directly from the engine ECU.

My suggestion is to get a scanner which can read the actual fuel pressure via OBD. Look at the pressures, should be at least 55psi at idle, and a solid 70psi at full throttle.

If not, your pumps are knackered.

Old 05-21-2016, 04:24 PM

Ok, so I'm a little baffled. My 2004 Jaguar XJR has two fuel pumps, left and right. I see no left and right fuel pumps listed for my 2006 Super V8...Jaguar parts only lists one fuel pump. So, does my car have one or two fuel pumps? How do you gain access to it? Do you have to take the fuel tank down? R6 Relay is supposedly some kind of PCB relay and not serviceable?? Does it being a LWB car make a difference?

Last edited by Kelly Ramsey; 05-21-2016 at 05:16 PM.
Old 05-21-2016, 05:54 PM
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Before buying additional DTC code readers, try the Instrument Cluster Self Dianosgtic Test. It has some fuel tests that will aid in isolating the problem. Hold the left steering stock button in for 3 seconds while moving the ignition from 0 to 1. The LED at the speedo will indicate when in ETM mode. Search the forum more info on the Self Diagnostic.

Kelly Ramsey (05-23-2016)
Old 05-21-2016, 06:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 751 Likes on 631 Posts

High Kelly

I am not au fait with the XJR but I will tell you what I know.

From what Cambo has said there are two fuel pumps and I am guessing that they

are identical hence only one lot of parts listed.

You do not need to drop the tank to access the pumps.

Access is under the rear seat and you need to search this forum for details of how to

remove the seat otherwise it's a PITA.

The non servicable relays are difficult to access and if one has failed you are really looking

at a replacement fuse box but I would not be concered about that at the moment.

You need to check the pressures that the pumps are delivering.

FYI there is a schrader valve on the fuel rail where you can physically measure fuel pressure

maybe two on an XJR.

Fuel pumps only last so long in my experience.

Good luck

Kelly Ramsey (05-23-2016)
Old 05-21-2016, 08:30 PM
Received 4,454 Likes on 2,426 Posts

Originally Posted by Kelly Ramsey
Ok, so I'm a little baffled. My 2004 Jaguar XJR has two fuel pumps, left and right. I see no left and right fuel pumps listed for my 2006 Super V8...Jaguar parts only lists one fuel pump. So, does my car have one or two fuel pumps? How do you gain access to it? Do you have to take the fuel tank down? R6 Relay is supposedly some kind of PCB relay and not serviceable?? Does it being a LWB car make a difference?
Hmmm.... there is no mention in the technical guides about 2006MY supercharged cars changing to a single pump. I can't see the 2nd pump in the parts catalogue either!

Have a look here https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...-pumps-130587/ for access to the pump/s

Get a measurement of the fuel rail pressure, either by OBD or at the rail (although I believe the schrader valve was deleted on later engines).

Some basic electrical tests of the wiring to the pump/s checking for voltage, and current would be in order. But you need to do this with the pumps still connected, if you unplug them you will get a heap more codes.

Old 05-23-2016, 12:47 AM

All righty...I am going to proceed with all this great advice. Just for the record I may have confused members by mentioning my XJR. That car is long gone. I no longer have that one. It was a great one though!! My CURRENT car is a 2006 Jaguar SUPER V8 LWB. It's kinda like the luxury version of the XJR. I can't tell the difference except I now have TV's in the headrests and tables for the rear passengers, and it's back doors are wider. I will keep you posted on my progress and thanks to all!