XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

2006 XJ8 Heated Seats Install Attempt

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 12:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2006 XJ8 Heated Seats Install Attempt

Well Hello from Calgary Canada

I just bought a lovey 2006 Xj8 X350 and discovered that even though the car had nav and bluetooth it did not have heated seats. Any way I searched though the forum and decided to purchase at a wreckers the heated seats front and back out of a 2005 which match my car perfectly except they have the heated elements. I also bought all the switch packs front and back.

It is my understanding that the wiring is already there and there are no other components I need before attempting the seat exchange. Is there any body out there who has knowledge to assist me on this. Pics anything at all to look out for?

Best wishes

Barry

Old 02-28-2016, 04:06 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Barry, I've seen a few posts to do with seats and if you have a look at my earlier post there are a few people willing to advise.

My new seats should be arriving this week so the weekend I'll be doing the same and I'll picture the whole process and all issue I face then post here if you want to wait a little longer.

My understanding is that everything is there ready (although I'm adding an entertainment system as well so I will need to rewire) so watch this space!!

The following users liked this post:
bgshaw (02-28-2016)
Old 02-28-2016, 08:24 PM
Default Cheers and thanks

Thanks Man I have NAV AND have thought about buying a modern bluetooth Nav and DVD. Good Luck in your mods and i will look forward to hearing how things go for you. I hope the seats are Plug and Play and the Airbag light does not come on.

Regards

Barry

Old 02-29-2016, 01:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 762 Likes on 638 Posts

Hard to believe that heated seats are not standard-especially in Canada!

Old 02-29-2016, 06:10 AM
Received 150 Likes on 120 Posts

The "all the things are there" theory is NOT true. I bought seats from a VDP because I wanted the tray tables & "heated seats", so I got front & back, changed the switches, which by the way "work great" with the heated switches looking all nice when engaged, but still NO heated seats; the back seats obviously had no wiring for heated seats, but the front, I couldn't tell, but nonetheless, NO Heat for my beautiful seats. Hopefully your experience will differ from mine. & I do have factory NAV & Bluetooth...

Old 03-12-2016, 09:34 AM
Default Checking in re heated seat install

Hello again just thought I would check if any one managed to install or exchange their standard seats for heated seats on their 2006 xj8. I was curious if any one can confirm if the nav screen is part of of the switching process as more modern cars interface with the screen when operating the heated seats. I have the nav unit from the wrecked jag I bought the seats from just in case I need it.

Uk were you successful?

Barry

Old 03-12-2016, 10:03 AM

Ongoing job for me Barry, voyage of exploration!

In all fairness seats out is very easy, stripping the wiring out is actually very easy as well. Problem I have is I'm missing the satnav boot drive which means the touchscreen won't work and my central telematics wiring loom replacement was from a very different wiring spec.

If you read my thread there's some great information from xdave so I'm just waiting for him to tell me from my VIN what I need.

All in all though it's very easy working on the Jag, quite a pleasant change from the MG! Everything goes where it should and everything is pretty accessible.

Interesting point about the seats and steering wheel being matched as well so you need reprogramming if you change one and not the other.

Hope this helps a bit, but check my thread for a bit more information.

Old 03-13-2016, 12:04 AM
Default 2006 is different

I notice UKdeluded you are working on a 2003 xj 6 and not 2006 x350 which I think is different as to what you need to do the switch over. Am I correct?

Barry

Old 03-14-2016, 04:21 AM

Barry,

As I've now learnt the Jaguar wiring was a forever moving target! My side wiring does have the heated option already there but the central telematics loom does not.

Mine is three years older than yours but I can give you an idea of lessons learnt so far.

Biggest one would be to remove the rear seat charger and vent bit and see if the cabling is there available for the heated switches on the upgraded vent box to be added.

I am not yet an expert, long road to walk there, but xdave was able to use my VIN number to find out exactly what my wiring was in the car and what would be required to enable the features I was after, not sure where the information was from and didn't really want to ask - good magician never reveals his tricks and all that... it does mean however that you can find the information you want.

Sorry I can't be of more use.

Tim

Old 11-05-2016, 08:58 AM
Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Me too, Me too!

My question as well, though I don't have NAV, and don't care about the back seats. My XJ8L is for my daily commute, so my *** is the one that will suffer in the early morning hours this winter.
From working on other cars I frequently see wire bundles with extra unused wires for absent accessories, but I wonder about fusing for the circuit.
Without Nav, do the seats interface with the computer in some way,or is that just a Nav touchscreen issue?

Old 11-05-2016, 10:11 AM
Box
Veteran Member
Received 643 Likes on 416 Posts

The Front Electronic Module is what controls the heaters, (and will have to be programmed for this option) and the switch-pack controls the input from the user. Fuse F47 controls power. The seat back heater is in series with the lower cushion. Front seats are independent from rears.

Last edited by Box; 11-05-2016 at 10:15 AM.
The following users liked this post:
PeteK812 (11-05-2016)