XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

About to buy a Loaded 2007 XJR with 94K miles mistake or not?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 12:55 PM
Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Collector1
Well, I finally got the car and except for a few cosmetic things the car is actually 98% perfect. I looked for the plastic thermostat housing and it looks like Jaguar replaced it with an aluminum one when they did the other work (under warranty). This car has not issues. My only issue is with the dealer selling me a car with an empty electronic key. I had to go and buy one and have it programmed the day I got the car. 231.00 out the door but still. I think they should be responsible for paying for that. Can you believe they would sell a car knowing it only had one key and nothing inside the fob. They are trying to weasel out of paying but for me its the principle that they knew about it and tried to pass the car off with only one key and it wouldn't open or close the doors or window. Now wouldn't you guys know it was bad when the buttons just pushed all the way into the unit and had nothing behind it. How could they lock the car at night or unlock the car. ONLY by the key. It isn't the fact I had to spend the money because I am going to be spending a couple of grand of making it look like new but this was an expense I shouldn't have to eat, or am I wrong? For me its the principle of the matter not the money.
Worst case, return it (the key fob) / get your money back and tell them to pound sand. You can buy a nearly new fob on Ebay for $50 or less and program it yourself in 30 seconds, it's a peice o cake.

I LOVE dealers, can you tell (and this is coming from a guy with nine Jag's).. ;-)

Jeff

Old 02-21-2015, 12:58 PM
Received 150 Likes on 120 Posts

Collector, I'd have been the SAME way" that one! I probably wouldn't have left (or knowing me) woulda bought it on that fact. (That would have been my bluff to make them pay or @least reimbursed me for it..

When I bought mine, which I did as you probably did as well as others, & paid cash for it, I ended up being $600 back because they put bad gas in the car. I actually acted an ___ with them & made them think they messed up the fuel sensors, so they gave me a check on the spot.. Once I ran the gas out, all was & has been great!..

Oh yeah, I bought an extra Keyfob for $20 off eBay & took all of a minute maybe programming it...

Old 02-22-2015, 05:06 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I got the car and man is it perfection. I only have a few issues and have gotten most all the replacement parts I needed. The ONLY defect is the drivers seat bottom was dyed and they used the lacquer based dye for plastics not the Sure Coat for leather by SEM, which is an elastomer product that DOESNT crack. I am going to have SEM ( the head colorist is a good friend) make me an exact match and I will use lacquer thinner to remove the incorrect dye. Once I see whats under the cracking and see it can be re-dyed, then at that point Ill make a desicion. If I find the leather isn't good. I can get the seat cushion bottom for 1,500.00 retail 2,875.00. I think that is really the only way to satisfy me on this. Not an imperfection on any other interior part except for the wood on the door (which I bought off Ebay for 20.00). The car mechanically is perfect. Bought new correct mats from the dealer with the leather binding and the Jaguar leaper (Flint and Barley). I am good to go. All services have been done and it just came out of warranty Dec 2013. Only driven 800 miles since then. The wheels actually only needed a little touch up and the tires are new Continentals. So, I am guessing I have a few years of maintenance free driving. Even has a new 12/13 dated Jaguar battery. The car is beyond anything I could have ever hoped for. Never been anywhere but the dealer for service and I was able to get all the records from day one. Good buy for not much money. Plus all issues have been addressed

Last edited by Collector1; 02-22-2015 at 05:08 PM.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:24 PM
Received 150 Likes on 120 Posts

Very nice!!!