XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

ACM no longer available

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 09:54 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ACM no longer available

I've searched the entire internet for an ACM for my 2004 XJR, I even ordered one from Jaguar Parts Center, only to have the order canceled due to unavailability. As Jim Rothe points out <a href="http://www.jimrothe.com/jaguar/acm-bluetooth.html">here</a> Dension's Gateway 500 is very similar and uses the same firmware, so I'm wondering if it would work. One obvious problem with this would be the vehicle specific cables. I'm guessing they're similar, and could probably be made to work with a little effort. I've searched this forum, and the entire internet, and I haven't seen this done yet. Do any of you have thoughts on this?

Old 09-21-2010, 09:48 PM
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Default ACM alternative

I was told PAC offers an antenna hook-up, so at least it's not modulated FM...or is there a difference? thats pac-audio
Bob

Old 09-21-2010, 10:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by locorebob
I was told PAC offers an antenna hook-up, so at least it's not modulated FM...or is there a difference? thats pac-audio
Bob
pac-audio (at least according to their website) only seems to support S-type (2005 and older) or X-type - no XJ series :-(

/Mike

Old 09-22-2010, 05:52 AM
Received 60 Likes on 48 Posts

Just ask for one to fit an S or X Type that is the kit I use for those cars. If you need the part number let me know.

Old 09-22-2010, 07:26 AM

Pac does sell an Ipod/Iphone kit, it's an FM Modulator that connects through the antenna. It appears to be a nice kit, charges the Ipod too. I've used wired modulators before, they work pretty well. It seems that the ACM that they sell for S and X types will in fact work on an XJ, and is still listed in the accessories catalog as a fit for the XJ. I ordered one, and will have it by the end of the week. I'll post my results. I don't know why Jaguar now says that the ACM won't work in an XJ.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:15 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaxkr
Just ask for one to fit an S or X Type that is the kit I use for those cars. If you need the part number let me know.
I guess it's just a standard antenna in/out connection so it should work with any radio that have the same connector...

I have a problem with my dealer installed (came with the car) sirius radio that is probably hooked up the same way - with it turned on, the radio reception is real bad but if I turn it off, it goes back to normal. I hope this product doesn't have the same problem.

/Mike

Old 09-24-2010, 01:01 PM

Yesterday I received and installed the ACM in my XJR. For the most part a fairly smooth install, however the module itself will not fit behind the radio probably because the XJR's touchscreen takes up more space. This forced me to relocate the module to the bottom of the console.

I had to cut a hole for the module, and shorten the cable from the switchbox. At this point I upgraded the firmware as suggested by Jim Rothe here: http://www.jimrothe.com/jaguar/acm-bluetooth.html. The ACM works perfectly, interfaces with my Iphone perfectly, and gives me an aux. input for my satelite radio, plus a USB input for a flash drive. I'll probably get a shorter USB Cable somewhere, since the module is inside the console it can be plugged right in. Obviously the reason Jaguar says the ACM is incompatible with the XJ series must be the added difficulty of installing the module itself.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:03 PM

There's a picture of the module in the console here: http://s934.photobucket.com/albums/ad185/1sick57/Miscellaneous/?action=view&current=Img_3669r.jpg.

I tried to insert the image in my previous post, but it didn't show up.

Old 09-24-2010, 09:31 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default ACM no longer available

Is that the ACM you ordered from Pac-audio? Did you need to get adaptors for the antenna cable? Thanks George

Old 09-25-2010, 08:17 AM

No, this is the one sold by Jaguar. After I ordered the Pac adapter, I discovered that the ACM was in fact available, but that Jaguar says it won't work in the XJ series. After discussing it with Jim Rothe, I decided to order it anyway. I guess I'll just put the Pac adapter on Ebay.