XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

air suspension compressor relay part number?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 03:09 PM
Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts
Default air suspension compressor relay part number?

I just recieved my i930 and read the air suspension codes and have a C2303 (reservoir plausibility error) and C1830 (compressor relay circuit error)

Anyone know a generic part number for the compressor relay from O'Reillys or other local parts houses?

I'll try replacing the relay first and if that doesn't eliminate the air suspension fault message I have Andy's compressor piston ring kit in the glove box.

Old 02-05-2016, 06:03 PM
Received 1,423 Likes on 1,066 Posts

Originally Posted by philwarner
I just recieved my i930 and read the air suspension codes and have a C2303 (reservoir plausibility error) and C1830 (compressor relay circuit error)

Anyone know a generic part number for the compressor relay from O'Reillys or other local parts houses?

I'll try replacing the relay first and if that doesn't eliminate the air suspension fault message I have Andy's compressor piston ring kit in the glove box.
There was a OEM Jaguar 40A relay on eBay and I missed it. I deleted the auction as the part number was on the bag. Dang it...

I would suggest swapping the relay with another in the front distribution box and test the actual relay to rule it out... Testing it is rather easy...

The following users liked this post:
Don B (02-05-2016)
Old 02-05-2016, 10:08 PM
Received 12,932 Likes on 6,463 Posts

Hi Phil,

The original Jaguar air suspension relay part number was LJA6703AA and the new superceded part number is C2P11192. The Jaguar list price shown at jaguarmerriamparts.com is $12.25, and their price is $10.67, which is a downright bargain in Jaguar economics.

On the schematics, it looks like a fairly conventional 40 amp 5-terminal Bosch-/Hella-style cube relay with a quenching resistor across the coil to suppress voltage spikes, so if you take the relay to your local auto parts stores they can probably match it up for you.

BTW, there are 5 of those same relays in the front power distribution fuse box, so before you buy a new relay, follow abonano's suggestion and swap another one of them into the R1 position to rule out the air suspension relay as the cause of your problems.

Cheers,

Don

Last edited by Don B; 02-05-2016 at 10:12 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Don B:
AD2014 (09-08-2020), philwarner (02-06-2016)
Old 02-06-2016, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Don B
Hi Phil,

The original Jaguar air suspension relay part number was LJA6703AA and the new superceded part number is C2P11192. The Jaguar list price shown at jaguarmerriamparts.com is $12.25, and their price is $10.67, which is a downright bargain in Jaguar economics.

On the schematics, it looks like a fairly conventional 40 amp 5-terminal Bosch-/Hella-style cube relay with a quenching resistor across the coil to suppress voltage spikes, so if you take the relay to your local auto parts stores they can probably match it up for you.

BTW, there are 5 of those same relays in the front power distribution fuse box, so before you buy a new relay, follow abonano's suggestion and swap another one of them into the R1 position to rule out the air suspension relay as the cause of your problems.

Cheers, Don
Thanks, Don,

I did swap relays when I first got the car because the one in R1 position did not have a cover on it and I was looking for a horn relay as a cause of no horn. I may have turned the ignition on without a relay in R1 before I was able to determine which relay was which. (the electrical manual was not very user friendly in this regard - Don't see why jaguar couldn't mold a guide in the cover like other manufacturers do, but then we love the quirks don't we).

The C1830 code might be left from that time so I'll check again after a trip this Monday to see if it comes back. I need to replace the coverless one now in R5 anyway.

Old 02-06-2016, 11:15 AM
Received 224 Likes on 125 Posts

I would just go ahead and fit bagpipeandys compressor kit anyway.

Old 02-06-2016, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by trosty
I would just go ahead and fit bagpipeandys compressor kit anyway.

I usually subscribe to the "if it aint broke don't fix it" theory, but I agree. I Just need a warm day and the club's lift available. I've been spoiled - even though I get a crick in my neck it is much better than working on your knees and/or back and the $10 donation for rack time is well worth it. The only draw backs are making sure you take all the needed tools as the club's tools are a pretty mixed bag of old stuff, and there is no working bathroom at the shop. Last time I had to pee in a cup and there is no drug testing.

Last edited by philwarner; 02-06-2016 at 04:54 PM.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Don B
Hi Phil,

BTW, there are 5 of those same relays in the front power distribution fuse box, so before you buy a new relay, follow abonano's suggestion and swap another one of them into the R1 position to rule out the air suspension relay as the cause of your problems. Cheers, Don
O'Reillys looked at my relay from R1 and said they had to order what their computer said was the correct relay for the application from another store, but when I went back to pick it up it had two wide spades that would not fit into the R1 position in the front relay/fuse box. The fellow ran the computer again and said it was what was called for, but after looking at my compressor relay again he found one in the back that matched the normal spades and 40 amp rating of the ++05155 2 B 12V 40A BUTZA brand relay that was in there. It was a MasterPro 2-DR1071. I put it in, but the darn thing was made in China - only the box was printed in the USA. It was $14.22 with tax.

My R1 socket only has contacts in four of the five slots while some of the other positions have five contacts in the socket. I have to assume that a four spade relay is correct for R1 since its fifth slot does not have any contacts in it.

I am still getting a C1830 - "Air suspension compressor relay circuit failure" along with the C2303, so I guess I need to check the connections at the compressor as well as replace the piston ring with Andy's kit. You'd think there could be a more specific description than "Air Suspension Reservoir Plausibility Error." Maybe something like, "Dude, the bloody pressure in the reservoir did not come up fast enough, so check the bloody compressor."

Old 02-09-2016, 10:36 PM
Received 1,423 Likes on 1,066 Posts

Originally Posted by philwarner

O'Reillys looked at my relay from R1 and said they had to order what their computer said was the correct relay for the application from another store, but when I went back to pick it up it had two wide spades that would not fit into the R1 position in the front relay/fuse box. The fellow ran the computer again and said it was what was called for, but after looking at my compressor relay again he found one in the back that matched the normal spades and 40 amp rating of the ++05155 2 B 12V 40A BUTZA brand relay that was in there. It was a MasterPro 2-DR1071. I put it in, but the darn thing was made in China - only the box was printed in the USA. It was $14.22 with tax.

My R1 socket only has contacts in four of the five slots while some of the other positions have five contacts in the socket. I have to assume that a four spade relay is correct for R1 since its fifth slot does not have any contacts in it.

I am still getting a C1830 - "Air suspension compressor relay circuit failure" along with the C2303, so I guess I need to check the connections at the compressor as well as replace the piston ring with Andy's kit. You'd think there could be a more specific description than "Air Suspension Reservoir Plausibility Error." Maybe something like, "Dude, the bloody pressure in the reservoir did not come up fast enough, so check the bloody compressor."
Did you clear the codes then start the car? The codes will remain even if the issue is rectified. They must be cleared...

Don B (02-10-2016)
Old 02-10-2016, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by abonano
Did you clear the codes then start the car? The codes will remain even if the issue is rectified. They must be cleared...
Yes, I've cleared the codes a couple of times and they've come back. I haven't cleared the relay code since I replaced R1 with the new relay so I need to try that again, but I suspect the problem could be wiring at the compressor rather than the relay itself. There is also a fault in the "anti-theft horn circuit" (short to ground) and the horns have never worked and they are right beside the compressor so wiring could be a problem for both.

The air suspension fault message seems to reset when the car is parked for a day and sometimes I can drive 20 miles before the fault pops up and sometimes it comes up within 200 feet. Guess I need to check for codes the next time I start it without the fault message coming up and see if both codes are still present.

Old 05-04-2020, 06:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Relay location

Hello, I just picked up this thread. I have a XF sportbrake 2.2 diesel 2013. I need to locate the suspension compressor relay, can anyone help please.

Thankyou.

Old 05-04-2020, 10:01 AM
Received 12,932 Likes on 6,463 Posts

Originally Posted by RG XF Sportbrake
Hello, I just picked up this thread. I have a XF sportbrake 2.2 diesel 2013. I need to locate the suspension compressor relay, can anyone help please.

Thankyou.

Hi RG,

You may find the compressor relay location in the manual at the link below:

Jaguar XF X250 Electrical Guide 2012

Cheers,

Don

AD2014 (09-08-2020)