XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Air Suspension Compressor Repair

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 04:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Smile Air Suspension Compressor Repair

For the last couple of years I have been trying to get my compressor fault code C2303 & C1830 resolved. I had tried the compressor ring kit found on Ebay, but quickly found that the piston cylinder was too worn for that option to provide a long term repair. I tried to shim the ring, but no luck. Then, just when I thought I was stuck buying a new compressor I finally found the piston cylinder. These folks, ca_axle_parts on eBay have a cylinder head and that combined with the ring kit from lrnj_autoparts on eBay
I have no more fault code, the suspension airs up like it should and it holds the air. The cylinder fits several models of vehicles so do not be alarmed when Jaguar is not the primary name with the part.

Ring Kit Jaguar Compressor

Air Compressor Piston chamber

The following 2 users liked this post by maraudar:
Don B (03-31-2017), PDMiller (04-01-2017)
Old 03-31-2017, 08:35 PM
Received 12,942 Likes on 6,466 Posts

Hi maraudar,

Welcome to the Jaguar Forums!

Thanks for the helpful tip on the replacement cylinder head. I'm sure that will help others. I just searched those sellers listings and found the piston ring kit from lnrj_autoparts, but I couldn't find the cylinder among the items for sale by ca_axle_parts by searching common terms like "compressor," "cylinder," or their apparent term, "piston chamber." Can you provide direct links to the listing?

Also, please visit the New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum and post a required introduction so we can learn something about you and your Jag and give you a proper welcome.

Cheers,

Don

Last edited by Don B; 03-31-2017 at 08:42 PM.