XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

ASF Alert on Dash

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 01:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face ASF Alert on Dash

I've been having major/random alerts on the dash of Air Suspension Fault. One year ago same thing happened & had the Relay Compressor replaced. Perfect until about 8 months later. End of October I started getting this alert on my dash. It's been until now & completely random. Any help on this situation. I can't really see having this replaced every year.
Thanks in advance, Wladja

Old 01-31-2017, 05:11 PM
GGG
Received 16,852 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Wladja,

I've taken a wild guess that you still have the 2004 XJ8 and moved your question from General Tech Help to X350 forum. This is the place to post technical questions about your model.

Members here with the same model will be able to help.

Graham

Old 01-31-2017, 07:18 PM
Received 12,952 Likes on 6,470 Posts

Hi wladja,

As Graham suggests, it is critical that we know the year, model and engine of your Jag, and it is sometimes helpful to know the mileage.

Assuming your car is a 2004 XJ8, it is a Jaguar factory project code X350. There are a number of issues that can cause the Air Suspension Fault warning. The air compressor relay is one of them, but probably the most common cause is an air leak somewhere in the system. Has the ride height been low at any of the four corners of the car?

If the ride height is good and is not dropping overnight, the next step may be to have the car scanned by a Jaguar dealer or independent mechanic with a system capable or reading the proprietary Jaguar Chassis (C), Body (B) and Network (U) diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs), and not just the Powertrain (P) codes that most scanners can read. Suspension-related DTCs tend to be C, B and U codes.

Please keep us informed.

Cheers,

Don

The following users liked this post:
AD2014 (02-03-2017)
Old 02-01-2017, 11:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ASF alert on dash

This information is very helpful. I will pass it on to my mechanic & hope we get a final solution.

Thank you very much,
Wladja