XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

bluetooth and phone module

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 05:28 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default bluetooth and phone module

I just recently acquired an 04 Vanden Plas (cream puff) with Nav and it is a completely different beast. I have searched the threads and can't seem to find an answer for this.

I am looking at buying an 07 module that integrates both bt and phone (and mic), however, I don't know if it will work in my car.

So does anyone know? I am attaching a pic of the module.

Thanks, Brian

Attached Thumbnails bluetooth and phone module-jaquar-phone-bt-module-2007-09.jpg  
Old 05-07-2013, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Brian M Williams
I just recently acquired an 04 Vanden Plas (cream puff) with Nav and it is a completely different beast. I have searched the threads and can't seem to find an answer for this.

I am looking at buying an 07 module that integrates both bt and phone (and mic), however, I don't know if it will work in my car.

So does anyone know? I am attaching a pic of the module.

Thanks, Brian
PS...it says it supposed to be plug and play. It plugs in where the old phone and BT module did (I am gathering from other posts, that is in the armrest?). The only add on would be to run the fiber optic antennae.

Old 05-07-2013, 06:13 PM
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I assume you want to do this so that you have the option of pairing multiple phones? The X358 has a better Bluetooth system than the original X350. I enquired about this upgrade with my UK dealer but they weren't much interested. As I recall they suggested that there would be far more to it than a simple swop. I'm afraid I can't give you any technical help on this but I don't think its an easy upgrade to make.

The following users liked this post:
Brian M Williams (05-08-2013)
Old 05-07-2013, 09:33 PM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I just bought a 04 VDP with nav also. Does that come with bt or do I need something to use that feature?

Old 05-08-2013, 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by GvilleVDP
I just bought a 04 VDP with nav also. Does that come with bt or do I need something to use that feature?
Hey there....I am assuming and maybe someone else can confirm, but if you have BT and/or phone it would be under the Menu on the side of the Nav screen. However, as I do not, I don't know where to actually direct you but it is a good bet it is under that menu.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:40 AM
Received 125 Likes on 65 Posts

Push the telephone icon on the nav display. If it says "Phone not fitted" you do not have a phone system. If you get a message saying "Handset in use" you may have had the physical phone that has been removed, or you may not have a Bluetooth module.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:05 AM
Received 4,461 Likes on 2,427 Posts

The black box in the first post is the new style phone module, which allows pairing of multiple phones, as well as showing the level of reception on the touchscreen.

You still need the Bluetooth module to plug in under the armrest, and the microphone in the roof. The black box simply replaces the older silver box...

You will probably need to add some wires to the loom to the BT module too.
The GSM phones usually only had 5-wires in the loom, the BT needs 8-wires.
The wiring has been documented several times before...haven't got time to search right now...maybe search my posts...

Gville, an 04 VDP will not have Bluetooth, unless someone has retrofitted it previously.

Old 11-21-2021, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Cambo
The black box in the first post is the new style phone module, which allows pairing of multiple phones, as well as showing the level of reception on the touchscreen.

You still need the Bluetooth module to plug in under the armrest, and the microphone in the roof. The black box simply replaces the older silver box...

You will probably need to add some wires to the loom to the BT module too.
The GSM phones usually only had 5-wires in the loom, the BT needs 8-wires.
The wiring has been documented several times before...haven't got time to search right now...maybe search my posts...

Gville, an 04 VDP will not have Bluetooth, unless someone has retrofitted it previously.
Do you know what the correct BT PIN # is to pair the phone?

Thanks.

Old 11-21-2021, 04:36 PM

I found the pin. Cheers