XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Can You (Easily) Replace Touch Screen Climate Control....

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 05:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,261 Likes on 2,381 Posts

Thank you! That explains why I didn't find them. I have a different MY manual. Also explains why I can't find them in the XK manual. Call it selective inclusion I guess.

Old 02-17-2019, 04:26 PM
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Now that it's not going dark at three o'clock, or raining, or cold, I'd thought I'd take a look at improving my music/'phone/nav experience once more by attempting to install my old (2016) Alpine Nav unit and heater controls from a non-nav XJ.

I can't express how much easier it is to remove the centre console compared to my old X308 and the access to the radio/nav stuff is much improved.

So out came the console and four bolts later the CD player/nav screen/heated seat buttons.

I did not expect such a rat's nest of wiring behind there. Seems that in the past someone has installed a Parrot 'phone system and that was connected up via a couple of block connectors to the Jaag loom, with the Parrot box stuffed behind the carpet in the passenger footwell. This was removed leaving a block connector for each part of the unit and an optical signal cable, much better.

This is when I discovered that the connector to the nav/climate unit is in no way similar to the one that should plug into the back of the plain climate control box, hence my failure.

Does anyone know if such a connector exists on the loom, and if so where?

I also removed a couple of cables behind the dash, one for a microphone glued onto the top of the A-pillar and a small connector that was loose behind the boot/fuel/fog lights panel, and a selection of cables that ran up the passenger side under the door treadplates and into the boot, where they teminated into two control boxes connected between the amplifier and the speaker connection. Fortunately all removed.

All stuffed behind the radio.

Blue box under carpet and black/yellow boxes connected to amp and speaker.

Parrot stuff.