Old 12-25-2022, 09:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car mats

Hi
Where is the best place for to get complete set of mats for a XJ8L 2006
Thanks

Old 12-26-2022, 12:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are referring to the original lambs wool floor mats, they are rare and expensive.

Old 12-26-2022, 02:19 PM
Received 93 Likes on 71 Posts

Just get a set of oem rubber mats. I can not understand having a whole sheep underfoot getting covered in rubbish off the streets.

Old 12-26-2022, 07:07 PM
TTG
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Same here - where can I buy mats just like this in beige/tan color:

https://puppipop.com/products/jaguar...RoCfAwQAvD_BwE

So weird that it is so difficult to find!

TTG

Old 12-27-2022, 08:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 798 Likes on 670 Posts

Going to where they sell carpet.
Looking at their old bound on the edges.
Carpet samples.in a acceptable color, can work out well.
Holes with grommet's installed, to hold them in place.
Finishes it, not pretty but it works for me

Old 12-27-2022, 01:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Company in Australia that makes carpets

Hi guys,

There’s a company in Australia that makes customised car carpets you can check them on their website below and entering your Jaguar model. They also are having a Boxing Day sale, hope
this helps.

https://www.fitmycar.co.nz

cheers
Felix from NZ

Old 12-27-2022, 03:12 PM
Received 276 Likes on 213 Posts

I've got the fitmycar mats in Executive Kangaroo Beige.
Carpet Car Mats - 1st / 2nd Row Set (fitmycar.com.au) (they do USA)
They only had XJ-L dimensions, but they fit anyway in my SWB.
The observant may note I was too lazy to pull out the old mats.

Last edited by ChrisMills; 12-27-2022 at 03:29 PM.
Old 12-28-2022, 08:12 PM
Default Personally I recommend Lloyd Mats.

Originally Posted by taylor21$
Hi
Where is the best place for to get complete set of mats for a XJ8L 2006
Thanks
Dissatisfied with the generic rubber mats in my '04 XJR, I ordered a set of custom fit units from Lloyd mats. They have a good selection of fabrics, all the way up to 48 oz/yard carpet (which is pretty thick). Note that they have more color choices for some types than for others. I went with the "Berber" mats, which are closed loop carpet, so a little tougher than the cut pile, if a bit less luxe. The Lloyd Berber tan did not really match the OE "champagne" carpeting, so I went with the beige heathered pattern, which incorporates a color that does match, so the overall effect is color-coordinated, and the pattern resembles actual Berber so is a little sporty. They don't offer the Jaguar logo embroidered (probably something to do with trademark or licensing), so I had the mats embroidered with Union Jacks, which came out very nice and always get favorable comments. The anchor grommets match the vehicle attachment points exactly. Very pleased with them.

IMO you are far better off getting tough mats of any kind over fancy stuff like sheepskin or even really expensive carpet. Mats will get dirty. All kinds of dirt, water, mud, snow, sand, etc. adheres to your shoes and ends up on the floor. For another luxe car, in days gone by, I bought dealer-accessory rubber mats and put the OE carpet ones in storage. The rubber ones' color was not a match but they fit perfectly and to be frank, in day to day use you really don't notice the floormats. And the rubber ones are really easy to clean off.

My final recommendation would be for WeatherTech units, which are fantastic at containing things you don't want soaked or ground into your carpet. They wrap up the side of the floorpan, not simply mimicking the OE mat pattern, and they fit tightly. I put a set in my SUV and have been glad ever since that I did. To my taste they are a bit too utilitarian for a Jaguar, and the color selection is very limited. But my opinion might be very different if I still lived in Pennsylvania. The WTs do the job, better even than dealer rubber mats, and they don't move at all.

Last edited by Tigertank84; 12-28-2022 at 08:15 PM. Reason: additional information
Old 12-28-2022, 08:42 PM
Received 177 Likes on 132 Posts

Hi Chris,
Those look like the correct mats for SWB. There's another several inches of floor in the back to cover if you have a LWB like mine

LWB X358 rear floor dimensions

Old 12-29-2022, 12:14 AM

Hi Pete M,
Whatever, fitmycar said the rear mats were LWB size, maybe they got confused, but in any case they were great to deal with and would have "seen me right".
-----------
Oh, there's another thing I should thank your advice for...

and since I'd signed up to Aliexpress because of you, every Serious Jaguar Driver needs...logo'd Tire Valve Caps!

Cheers, Chris

The following users liked this post:
Pete M (12-29-2022)
Old 12-29-2022, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by Pete M
There's another several inches of floor in the back to cover if you have a LWB like mine
My wife is short, I don't need a LWB.

djsizzle (02-19-2023)
Old 12-29-2022, 10:41 AM
TTG

Originally Posted by Tigertank84
Dissatisfied with the generic rubber mats in my '04 XJR, I ordered a set of custom fit units from Lloyd mats. They have a good selection of fabrics, all the way up to 48 oz/yard carpet (which is pretty thick). Note that they have more color choices for some types than for others. I went with the "Berber" mats, which are closed loop carpet, so a little tougher than the cut pile, if a bit less luxe. The Lloyd Berber tan did not really match the OE "champagne" carpeting, so I went with the beige heathered pattern, which incorporates a color that does match, so the overall effect is color-coordinated, and the pattern resembles actual Berber so is a little sporty. They don't offer the Jaguar logo embroidered (probably something to do with trademark or licensing), so I had the mats embroidered with Union Jacks, which came out very nice and always get favorable comments. The anchor grommets match the vehicle attachment points exactly. Very pleased with them.

IMO you are far better off getting tough mats of any kind over fancy stuff like sheepskin or even really expensive carpet. Mats will get dirty. All kinds of dirt, water, mud, snow, sand, etc. adheres to your shoes and ends up on the floor. For another luxe car, in days gone by, I bought dealer-accessory rubber mats and put the OE carpet ones in storage. The rubber ones' color was not a match but they fit perfectly and to be frank, in day to day use you really don't notice the floormats. And the rubber ones are really easy to clean off.

My final recommendation would be for WeatherTech units, which are fantastic at containing things you don't want soaked or ground into your carpet. They wrap up the side of the floorpan, not simply mimicking the OE mat pattern, and they fit tightly. I put a set in my SUV and have been glad ever since that I did. To my taste they are a bit too utilitarian for a Jaguar, and the color selection is very limited. But my opinion might be very different if I still lived in Pennsylvania. The WTs do the job, better even than dealer rubber mats, and they don't move at all.
Wow, thanks again TigerTank! I just checked Lloyd and I see there are several options:
https://www.lloydmatsstore.com/carpet-car-floor-mats

Which ones did you like the best? I was thinking of having a tailor customize the Lloyd mats to have the leaper embroidered on the two front mats - I ❤️ the leaper guy! 😎

Old 12-29-2022, 08:30 PM
Default Color vs. Thickness.

Originally Posted by TTG
Wow, thanks again TigerTank! I just checked Lloyd and I see there are several options:
https://www.lloydmatsstore.com/carpet-car-floor-mats

Which ones did you like the best? I was thinking of having a tailor customize the Lloyd mats to have the leaper embroidered on the two front mats - I ❤️ the leaper guy! 😎
I personally went with the Berber, but for an L I'd probably pick something a little more luxurious. That 48 oz carpet mat series is very, very plush, much thicker than the OE mats, and I would not hesitate to get a set of those -- if you have a color match to your liking or want to go with a complementary color instead of a matching one. The 48 oz comes in 11 colors, and I found none of them matched the champagne color of the interior of my car. The next-to-top line, the 32 oz, is still better than the OE, and comes in a lot more colors (29), so your chances of getting a better match are better. Can't go wrong either way. But as for Lloyds embroidering Jaguar-themed embellishments, the only options available on the website for a Jaguar are (1) plain carpet, (2) getting "Jaguar" (and if you like, "XJ8") written out in one of four fonts, or (3) the Union Jack. You could try calling them to see if they will do a leaper logo anyway; they might as a special order. Couldn't hurt to ask.

As far as having them embroidered at your tailor, make sure he/she/they can actually embroider something as thick as a dense carpet. I doubt many can. At the time I bought I also would have preferred the official logo, and I thought the British flags were second-best. But they are more unusual, they get a lot of positive comments, and on reflection even I like them better and am glad I let Lloyds do the work.

TTG (12-29-2022)
Old 01-02-2023, 06:38 PM
Received 131 Likes on 89 Posts

My interior restauration guy made me a bespoke set. $ 100. It would be $ 140 with embroidery.

Old 01-02-2023, 06:46 PM
TTG

Originally Posted by MBJAG
My interior restauration guy made me a bespoke set. $ 100. It would be $ 140 with embroidery.
Photos please 🙏

Old 01-06-2023, 08:03 PM
TTG

Pretty please???

Old 01-07-2023, 08:00 AM
Received 131 Likes on 89 Posts

TTG, I’m abroad. Will be back home this Monday and send some pics asap.

TTG (01-07-2023)
Old 01-21-2023, 02:34 PM
TTG

Hi MBJAG, can you post those pics when you have a chance please...

I find it so weird that most of these companies don't make the mats in beige/tan...every time I search the mats are always black

Old 01-21-2023, 04:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 798 Likes on 670 Posts

Black hides the dirt better than a light color does.

Old 01-21-2023, 11:54 PM

fitmycar mats in beige (I mentioned above) are a dead match to my beige upholstery (door trim etc). My photographs lie.
My original mats were chocolate. As Wingrider noted, light mats attract dirt dust insects the dregs of society and everything else you can imagine. You can even see it in my photos above, and I was trying to be responsible before posting.

Quick Reply: Car mats