XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Carbon build up - feedback please Jag Techs

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 08:46 PM
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I understand your current status, Jahummer. I want to see what is thought regarding that BC product specifically for the cleaning of the intake tract buildup seen on the interior side of your TB, that most certainly indicative of the appearance of much of the upper intake area of your mill. Much of the post content in this thread speaks to this inevitable outcome on our cars. This BC product seems to address this issue and solve for it. It looks like a great measure for ensuring a minimal loss of performance over time.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:07 PM
Received 2,190 Likes on 1,357 Posts

ive used seafoam before and it too is a good product. on the BG cleaner. I pulled a intake up on a 4.0v8 to see how dirty it was. and then did a air induction cleaing and injection system flush. Then pulled the intake back up and it was WAYYY cleaner with almost no deposits in the intake or on the intake valves. THIS is why I dont really use anything else because Ive done the same withothe products and just havent gotten good results like BG. Seaform does work well too though. Just not some of the other stuff avail to us at a dealer. We cannot use BG anymore because of affiliation with another products and our perent company. So I just dont sell what they offer cause it doesnt work

The following users liked this post:
jahummer (10-31-2011)
Old 10-31-2011, 10:15 PM

Thanks for that confirmation, Brutal. Brutal, obviously all of this is relative to gasoline used, type of driving habits of owner(s), maintenance habits etc., but what in your opinion is a prudent service interval for such a procedure? As needed? Or at XX,XXX miles as a preventative measure?

For instance, my car is at 66K. I have driven a number of other SC 4.2's and mine falls right there in the seat of the pants feel of performance and driveability. Is this something an owner in my shoes should look to perform in the near term?

Old 10-31-2011, 10:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,369 Likes on 1,484 Posts

Originally Posted by Brutal
ive used seafoam before and it too is a good product. on the BG cleaner. I pulled a intake up on a 4.0v8 to see how dirty it was. and then did a air induction cleaing and injection system flush. Then pulled the intake back up and it was WAYYY cleaner with almost no deposits in the intake or on the intake valves. THIS is why I dont really use anything else because Ive done the same withothe products and just havent gotten good results like BG. Seaform does work well too though. Just not some of the other stuff avail to us at a dealer. We cannot use BG anymore because of affiliation with another products and our perent company. So I just dont sell what they offer cause it doesnt work
Thank you for this feedback. How did you use Seafoam? I was just going to put it in the gas tank, but I understand it can be used directly into the intake and in the oil fill. Any suggestion on which is most effective?

Same for BG, as I mentioned, apparently the dealer put it in my gas tank and in the oil fill in the past, but how do you use it? The dealer of course wants just over $300 for the full cleaning but any competent BG shop should be able to perform the service for half that price.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:38 AM
Received 2,190 Likes on 1,357 Posts

1 can in the tank, injector cleaner in1 side of the cleaning tool and the induction cleaner can in the other side of the tool. And you have to run them 1 at a time. You run the injector cleaner and induction at the same time and you can end up with issues. Like not getting the car to run on cleaner cause too much is running through the engine at one time. They say run at idle. But i also run at idle and at 2k rpm and a couple wings for differant dispersions through the intake path. Just a personall thing

Old 11-01-2011, 09:47 AM

I'm tempted to save up for that tool. Is it common for Indy's to have the BG air-driven tool, and know how to use it in anger?