XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Changing Interior - Jaguar XJ Sport Premium

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 01:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing Interior - Jaguar XJ Sport Premium

Not sure if anyone has tried this....

I have been considering swapping out the interior of my 2007 XJ TDVI Sport Premium with a new set of seats... well a used set obviously!

My car does not have heated rear seats or cooled fronts and both front heater pads are in need of replacement, going to cost circa £400 to get the Jag pads and get a trimmer to fit them.

The idea I have had is to get a new set of seats to match the current interior colour code and swap them out ideally for ones that are front heated and cooled and rear heated seats.

My question really relates to the complexity of the job....
Whilst physically swapping the seats out is just time consuming and not particularly challenging the issue I have is what standard wiring is held within the loom at the point of manufacture...?

In an ideal world I would simply like to unplug the current front seats and plug in the new ones with the cooling option and fit the rear seat with the heater option to an, hopefully, already existing wiring loom plug stowed away currently unused under the back seat. Swap out the switch bank over the sat nav screen and hey presto everything works fine!!!!

I do have a mate who owns a garage and is an auto electrician by trade so some minor electrical work would be an option but I really could not justify wholesale changes to the wiring loom.

Is there anybody out there who has stripped one of these interiors out and has any idea of what additional wiring / plugs are located under the seats that are unused in some cars in the range??

Thanks in advance.................

Old 05-12-2018, 06:45 PM
Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

So I suppose there are more cars at the breakers in England, than I've seen in the mid-west U S, but how much will a pair of nice heated and cooled seats cost? I wouldn't blame you for giving this a go, but I would expect there should be some duct-work to push cold air into the seat, so be sure to get that as well. That cool has to come from somewhere, and I don't think it's just a wire in the loom.